• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have we overcomplicated economics? How could we possibly make it easier to understand?

Eddiehaskell

Reaction score
Well personal finance basically boils down to having shelter, food, healthcare, safety, etc.

All of this is easily obtainable for anyone willing to work a $10/hr job and live in 98% of the land area in the country — I.e. not NYC or SF or anywhere homes start at $600k+.

The American dream is so easy to accomplish that through ways of confusion and money making — the thing that people want is right in front of their face but they can’t see it.

Economics will be further simplified as our existence becomes more and more digital.

Why live in NYC to work a job that can be done from anywhere?

Even for those living directly in NYC or SF.....99.99999% of the world is accessed online for most people.

We are digital beings at this point and our needs as humans are changing. This was happening anyway but the world around us brought it about more rapidly.

cannot show a modicum of macroecon understanding, wants it all simplified...

Economics is far more than just what anyone person does.

I would argue if more actually studied micro and macro level economics we would have very different political discussions, on a range of subjects.

Well personal finance basically boils down to having shelter, food, healthcare, safety, etc.

All of this is easily obtainable for anyone willing to work a $10/hr job and live in 98% of the land area in the country — I.e. not NYC or SF or anywhere homes start at $600k+.

The American dream is so easy to accomplish that through ways of confusion and money making — the thing that people want is right in front of their face but they can’t see it.

Economics will be further simplified as our existence becomes more and more digital.

Why live in NYC to work a job that can be done from anywhere?

Even for those living directly in NYC or SF.....99.99999% of the world is accessed online for most people.

We are digital beings at this point and our needs as humans are changing. This was happening anyway but the world around us brought it about more rapidly.

$10 an hour? Really?

$400 a week before taxes.

Rent or house payment
Car payment
Insurance
Health care
Electric & water
Etc

You have to be kidding me.

I don't see how you make it on $1000 a week. Sure aren't living the American dream.

Too many financial institutions and insurance companies make too much $$ from the status quo to overcome to create change.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

$10 an hour? Really?

$400 a week before taxes.

Rent or house payment
Car payment
Insurance
Health care
Electric & water
Etc

You have to be kidding me.

I don't see how you make it on $1000 a week. Sure aren't living the American dream.

Plus few places that pay $10 will give you 40 yrs a week just so they dont have to pay full benefits.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

"The freedom of your fist ends where the freedom of my nose begins." But if this fist is economic one, then your freedom does not end anywhere, and you can deprive people of work, housing, medicine and savings with impunity. This is the dictatorship of Capital.

Back
Top Bottom