• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have we finally found some voter fraud?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ina-congress-race_us_5c01ced6e4b04fb21168186a
The Dem in the election never questioned the win by the GOP candidate so this is not a case of a sore loser. It just seems that the people in charge of the election have questions concerning absentee ballots and who collected them. Don't know if it is actually voter fraud or what, but if the people in charge in a very GOP state have questions, you have to wonder.

Sounds like a long shot, but good for them for taking complaints about people presenting themselves as being sent by the county to "pick up absentee ballots" seriously. I'd be interested to know what finally happens there.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ina-congress-race_us_5c01ced6e4b04fb21168186a
The Dem in the election never questioned the win by the GOP candidate so this is not a case of a sore loser. It just seems that the people in charge of the election have questions concerning absentee ballots and who collected them. Don't know if it is actually voter fraud or what, but if the people in charge in a very GOP state have questions, you have to wonder.

Sounds like a long shot, but good for them for taking complaints about people presenting themselves as being sent by the county to "pick up absentee ballots" seriously. I'd be interested to know what finally happens there.

It's a seriously big deal, and all over the news here near Charlotte. From what I've read and seen on TV, it looks as though some county election officials committed some voter fraud. The Republican candidate in this race (Mark Harris) is an awful person and although his district is beside mine and I can't vote against him, I damn sure would have if I could, even so I donated money to the Democrat (Dan McCready) running against him - remember, I'm a Republican.

Harris is a hard line Baptist preacher that does not believe in the separation of Church and State for Christians, additionally, he's a far right wing extremist. He has stated numerous times that wives should submit to their husbands no matter what, and that God is punishing those that Sin with mass shootings - this ain't the 7th century. I'm not posting links or embedding videos of Harris saying these things because I find it sickening, but a simple YouTube or Google search will give you the evidence.

It's a seriously big deal, and all over the news here near Charlotte. From what I've read and seen on TV, it looks as though some county election officials committed some voter fraud. The Republican candidate in this race (Mark Harris) is an awful person and although his district is beside mine and I can't vote against him, I damn sure would have if I could, even so I donated money to the Democrat (Dan McCready) running against him - remember, I'm a Republican.

Harris is a hard line Baptist preacher that does not believe in the separation of Church and State for Christians, additionally, he's a far right wing extremist. He has stated numerous times that wives should submit to their husbands no matter what, and that God is punishing those that Sin with mass shootings - this ain't the 7th century. I'm not posting links or embedding videos of Harris saying these things because I find it sickening, but a simple YouTube or Google search will give you the evidence.

Wow. I hope the national news keeps us abreast of what this hearing turns up. I have relatives that live outside of Charlotte... but I definitely do NOT talk politics with my relatives, lol.

Wow. I hope the national news keeps us abreast of what this hearing turns up. I have relatives that live outside of Charlotte... but I definitely do NOT talk politics with my relatives, lol.

I hope they slam anyone that they can prove participated in what looks like a QED example of ballot stuffing electoral fraud. Even if not, I hope that Harris is sent packing and McCready is certified as the winner of the election. Seriously Di, this Harris guy makes me sick and pisses me the hell off just to listen to him speak - he's the epitome of what's bad about the far right. Needless to say, Yes Ma'am can't stand him either.

Since I live in another state, I certainly don't have a dog in this fight. I don't know anything about any of the people mentioned in the article.

Having said that, I agree with this from Harris:

Harris said late Friday that the board should certify the race results now while continuing their investigation.

“I support any efforts to investigate allegations of irregularities and/or voter fraud, as long as it is fair and focuses on all political parties,” Harris said. “But to date, there is absolutely no public evidence that there are enough ballots in question to affect the outcome of this race.”

Unless the election board has direct evidence of fraud, they should certify the vote results. They should also investigate the woman that people are talking about and take necessary criminal action.

Unless the election board has direct evidence of fraud, they should certify the vote results.

No, they should delay certification, complete the investigation, and if necessary hold a new election.

I was just reading this article on the issue, and luckily looked for an existing post before adding to the list:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-the-heck-is-happening-in-that-north-carolina-house-race/
After three weeks of waiting, we thought every U.S. House race in the country was finally decided. No such luck. FiveThirtyEight has uncalled the North Carolina 9th District1 — an extremely close race that we thought the Republican had won — in light of allegations of voter fraud that, it turns out, may go back to 2016.

On Tuesday, the North Carolina State Board of Elections met with the expectation that it would certify Republican pastor Mark Harris’s apparent 905-vote win over Democratic veteran Dan McCready. But it did not, citing the board’s responsibility “to assure that an election is determined without taint of fraud or corruption and without irregularities that may have changed the result of an election.” Although the state Republican Party objected, all nine members of the board of elections voted to delay the certification. On Friday, there was no sign that the race would be certified anytime soon; the board of elections voted to hold an evidentiary hearing on or before Dec. 21.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Back
Top Bottom