• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have EU Elites Learned Anything?

Not the same thing honestly.....

Frankly I don't think leaving the EU was the best move.

"We'll still have a ****-ton of beaucracy, only it'll be English beaucrats, damn it, not some stinking frog beaucrat!"

Isn't it better to be governed by someone who actually lives in your nation? Worked out well for us Americans.

Isn't it better to be governed by someone who actually lives in your nation? Worked out well for us Americans.

We are governed by people who live in our nations..

The UK will likely have a choice. either get tariffs on your products up the yin yang or abide by our rules. My guess the EU will slap the brits hard for making this mess.

There is no doubt the liberal fascists will go after English for daring to crawl out from under the skirt of their utopian Nanny State. They have to teach those Xenophobic racists a lesson before more sovereign nations slip out of the grasp of the fourth Reich.

They also learned that people are easily manipulated by the use of dog whistles.

And we have all learned that some people will reject the democratic process if it doesn't give them what they want.

Despite our best efforts, we still haven't destroyed ourselves, no :mrgreen:

And we have all learned that some people will reject the democratic process if it doesn't give them what they want.

Oh, we already knew that. The Cold War made that clear.

A common market.

And are there rules that apply to all? Rules that govern said market? I wonder what I can find on google?

EU policies aim to ensure the free movement of people, goods, services, and capital within the internal market,[12] enact legislation in justice and home affairs, and maintain common policies on trade,[13] agriculture,[14] fisheries, and regional development.[15] Within the Schengen Area, passport controls have been abolished.[16] A monetary union was established in 1999 and came into full force in 2002, and is composed of 19 EU member states which use the euro currency.

The EU operates through a hybrid system of supranational and intergovernmental decision-making.[17][18] The seven principal decision-making bodies—known as the institutions of the European Union—are the European Council, the Council of the European Union, the European Parliament, the European Commission, the Court of Justice of the European Union, the European Central Bank, and the European Court of Auditors.

Seems a lot like government to me.

And are there rules that apply to all? Rules that govern said market? I wonder what I can find on google?

Seems a lot like government to me.

Yes there are rules. But this "government" does not deal in foreign policy, taxes, police/justice, social issues, education... you know all that other stuff than business and trade.. So you cant really call it a government. This "government" also has no police or military to enforce its rules and regulations.

Yes there are rules. But this "government" does not deal in foreign policy, taxes, police/justice, social issues, education... you know all that other stuff than business and trade.. So you cant really call it a government. This "government" also has no police or military to enforce its rules and regulations.

So outsiders are setting rules for business and trade. I think I would rather my own nation set rules for trade and business. I'd rather my nation govern the rules of trade and business. At least they can enforce them ;)

Riiiiiiiiiight:

The EU is poised to ban high-powered appliances such as kettles, toasters, hair-dryers within months of Britain’s referendum vote, despite senior officials admitting the plan has brought them “ridicule”.

The European Commission plans to unveil long-delayed ‘ecodesign’ restrictions on small household appliances in the autumn. They are expected to ban the most energy-inefficient devices from sale in order to cut carbon emissions.

A sales ban on high-powered vacuum cleaners and inefficient electric ovens in 2014 sparked a public outcry in Britain.

EU to launch kettle and toaster crackdown after Brexit vote

Riiiiiiiiiight:

The EU is poised to ban high-powered appliances such as kettles, toasters, hair-dryers within months of Britain’s referendum vote, despite senior officials admitting the plan has brought them “ridicule”.

No... The EU put in regulations that kicked out high power usage appliances. There is a huge misconception that kettles, toasters and so on, need to be high powered to work better. A good example is the myth that high wattage is key for suction when it comes to vacuum cleaners.. it is not. What the EU has done, is basically killed off the cheap North Korean and Chinese appliances that consume tons of power but dont put out near that in benefit and what is wrong with that? The free market certainly wont do that..

The European Commission plans to unveil long-delayed ‘ecodesign’ restrictions on small household appliances in the autumn. They are expected to ban the most energy-inefficient devices from sale in order to cut carbon emissions.

And? You do understand that countries have to agree to this first right?

A sales ban on high-powered vacuum cleaners and inefficient electric ovens in 2014 sparked a public outcry in Britain.

EU to launch kettle and toaster crackdown after Brexit vote

Yes and it was bull**** pushed by one of the biggest anti-EU morons in the UK.. Dyson. Why? Because he knew he was screwed. He had for years built a business built on expensive vacuum cleaners that were more efficient yes, but also way overpriced. Now the EU was forcing all the other suppliers to improve the efficiency and because of their scale of production, they would also be able to maintain a similar price. So suddenly Dyson was not the most efficient, but he was certainly the most expensive... and what would that do to his business? You do the math.. and THAT is why he was against the EU. Same with the JCB idiot who was busted for market manipulation by the EU and ever since he has been wanting out.

So outsiders are setting rules for business and trade.

No.....outsiders are not setting rules for business and trade. The UK have representatives at the table of those who are making the rules, and have to vote for or against said rules. As for trade.. you cant have a common market if there is not a common trade negotiation policy. Just imagine if California could negotiate different trade conditions with China than say Texas.. how much chaos that would create.

I think I would rather my own nation set rules for trade and business. I'd rather my nation govern the rules of trade and business. At least they can enforce them ;)

So you would have no problem with Georgia having totally different business and trade rules to Florida? A common market can no work if there are 235115 different rules on the same thing.

Yes, trade with the EU. As an EU member they get unrestricted open access to it. They still want that but do not want to pay for it nor follow EU regulation. Individual countries could but they probably will not unless they agree to the whole EU. If the Uk wants to deal with the EU, they need to follow its rules.

And that's exactly why they left, because Brussels was exerting too much control over individual sovereign nations. They are losing a lot of their ability to decide their own destiny and not getting a whole lot back in return. And they're not alone. I'm willing to bet you're going to see a mass exodus from the EU in the next couple of years. Europe needs the UK a lot more than the UK needs Europe.

No.....outsiders are not setting rules for business and trade. The UK have representatives at the table of those who are making the rules, and have to vote for or against said rules. As for trade.. you cant have a common market if there is not a common trade negotiation policy. Just imagine if California could negotiate different trade conditions with China than say Texas.. how much chaos that would create.

So you would have no problem with Georgia having totally different business and trade rules to Florida? A common market can no work if there are 235115 different rules on the same thing.

So what happens if the UK reps voted no but everyone else votes yes? Are the SOL? Gotta follow the rules?

And

Wait? So you are now comparing European countries in this European Union with states in the United States? You realize that isn't the same thing right? Or are you subconsciously telling me that the EU has the same power over the members that the United States federal government has over the different states in the United States? Lol

THE 4 day pattern with the stock markets of UK.. FRANCE ,,and GERMANY..... EACH and every day UK was the winner of these 3...
each and every day Germany was the loser of these 3.

THE REASON is the wise can see that the immigration issue harms.. and UK shows they are saying most to NO they are helped the most and since germany is saying YES they are harmed the worst

Wait? So you are now comparing European countries in this European Union with states in the United States? You realize that isn't the same thing right? Or are you subconsciously telling me that the EU has the same power over the members that the United States federal government has over the different states in the United States? Lol

You do know that right this very minute, Obama is trying to make the American Union with Canada and Mexico, right? I can't wait until that liberal asshole is gone.

You do know that right this very minute, Obama is trying to make the American Union with Canada and Mexico, right? I can't wait until that liberal asshole is gone.

Sigh. Me either. You know Hillary is next right? Maybe someone will finally trap her in a scandal.

The Tariffs WILL make america more prosperous again.... WHY because the cost of a weak middle class caused by un fair wage nations that lowers items costs costs much more with the problems that comes with a weak middle class...

america will have the unwise working instead of collecting welfare and committed costly crimes... this is why THE CONSERVATIVE STATES OF AMERICA will secede and have a wisdom test for its voters

:lamo

There is no doubt the liberal fascists will go after English for daring to crawl out from under the skirt of their utopian Nanny State. They have to teach those Xenophobic racists a lesson before more sovereign nations slip out of the grasp of the fourth Reich.

Oy vey.

So what happens if the UK reps voted no but everyone else votes yes? Are the SOL? Gotta follow the rules?

Rarely happens if ever. Unanimity is the principle of the EU.

I am not comparing anything, I am trying to explain to you what the common market does and means by using the US state system, which is a common market.. as an example. The difference between the US and the EU on this is the legislative process... the "states" have far more power in the EU than they have in the US system.

Rarely happens if ever. Unanimity is the principle of the EU.

So everyone in the EU agrees nearly 100% of the time and is always the same? I guess if that were the case...the Brexit wouldn't be happening. It also doesn't answer my question.

I am not comparing anything, I am trying to explain to you what the common market does and means by using the US state system, which is a common market..

No. It isn't a common market. The Federal government has authority over the state government. We had a war over this actually. Not a little one either. Georgia cannot vote to leave the United States and it cannot legally trade with another nation...as it is part of a nation.

Are you saying being in the EU removes the UK's nationality and makes it subservient to the EU?

as an example. The difference between the US and the EU on this is the legislative process... the "states" have far more power in the EU than they have in the US system.

And you wonder why the British aren't interested?

So everyone in the EU agrees nearly 100% of the time and is always the same? I guess if that were the case...the Brexit wouldn't be happening. It also doesn't answer my question.

You do understand the world principle? And yes everyone in the EU agrees nearly 100% on issues they vote, because they have negotiated and debated it to reach that solution. And it does answer your question because the UK has only been voted against 2% of the times and been on the winning time the rest. 2% is not a lot considering this is since 1999.

No. It isn't a common market. The Federal government has authority over the state government. We had a war over this actually. Not a little one either. Georgia cannot vote to leave the United States and it cannot legally trade with another nation...as it is part of a nation.

Er yes it is lol. You have not only the same currency but also similar rules and regulations on trade. You dont have trade barriers between states nor border controls. If someone wants to buy a TV from a vendor in New York and he lives in California.. then he can do so. There are no barriers. You have a common market. There might be different taxes in different states, but it is not punitive taxes for outsiders only. Like it or not, the US is a common market.

Are you saying being in the EU removes the UK's nationality and makes it subservient to the EU?

Eh? where on earth did you get that from?

And you wonder why the British aren't interested?

So you are saying the UK wants less power?

Euro Union nation has LOST TRILLIONS with MERKELS Horrendous error.. will she be thrown in jail?

each and every day since the vote.. Uk stock has beat france and germany each day with germany the worst each day

canada will benefit greatly from this as well as america with trading strong with UK.. same with austrailia

for the WEEK after the vote.... UK GAINED 2.6%....all the rest had a minus... France 5.1%.. Germany 5.6%..Spain 8.1%..Italy 9.8%.. Ireland 11.7%...Greece 12.3%... and each of the nordic states in the euro union lost and these will vote to secede from the union and the reason why they lost less..

WHAT a MONSTROUS ERROR by MERKEL...!!!

and how the very young voted shows this issue was a wisdom test for voters.. 75% of 18-25 voted to remain in union which means the others more experienced and wiser voted in a landslide to exit

and the stock markets proves who are the wiinners and losers and also shows if you let unwise people vote a nation WILL BE THE LOSER.. so soon there will be a world wide wisdom test for voters and no more liberalism..

THIS also will bring te conservative states to separate from the liberals states.... WELCOME TO THE CONSERVATIVE STATES OF AMERICA

Back
Top Bottom