• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hats as Hate

I won't give any more minutes of my life to the story about Nick Sandmann and his MAGA hat. We have bigger problems developing in Venezuela and right here with the shutdown. This is a 16 year old Catholic high school 'kid' that's still amazed with his spontaneous erections and dealing with the guilt he's feeling about that because he has 'impure thoughts' about girls, yet he proudly wears a MAGA hat even though his mom bought it for him but doesn't have a clue what it stands for. He was there with others in their all-boy school to attend a March for Life anti-abortion demonstration. Really? Sixteen year old boys have a depth of knowledge concerning the issues about Roe v Wade? Well anyway, if Nick Sandmann wasn't wearing a MAGA hat would anyone care a bit about this face-to-face thing? Nope.

A bit off track, but it was reported that the local paper in the town where Covington is located annually publishes the names of all residents that call themselves Pro-lifers. The school wields quite a bit of clout. They also seem to have a captive audience who must hop to and perform at March for Life events. Few people in the town wish to be left out of the list of the faithful.
Of course, this is not indoctrination...:roll:

RTX6GNPZ.jpg

His white hat won't save him.

Truth is truth. MAGA = racist, ignorant, unintelligent, scum sucking pond **** that is a waste of air. That's being nice about it.

Hey, maybe you could go bang a tom-tom in a 16 year old's face. Might calm you down a bit.:lol:

It's adorable that you think this is a counter to my statement. Try again?

The irony of you calling me ignorant at the end did make me smile tho. Thank you.

It was a great counter to your claim that all ANTIFA believes in violence. Your ignorance is still ignorant.

His white hat won't save him.

Guess you failed to notice he was not the only Black American in the crowd wearing a MAGA hat...does the fact the rest wore red hats save them from whatever threat you think is posed?

More telling, what exactly is the threat?

Hey, maybe you could go bang a tom-tom in a 16 year old's face. Might calm you down a bit.:lol:

Don't quit your day job, that comment was weak as hell and pathetic. But since the comment came from you, not surprised.

Nick Sandmann, a student at Covington Catholic, says he was a silent bystander in viral video. But his MAGA hat spoke for him.

I'd like to point out that this piece, while opinion, isn't on some off the wall blog or some "news" site with a well know and recognized political lean. It's from NBC.

This is what MAIN STREAM MEDIA is putting out to the public -

"Aligning oneself with Trump's movement is an aggressive political statement"

That's where we are today. The author then goes on to describe all kinds of incidents where a Trump supporter "taunted or attacked someone from a marginalized group". He does that while ignoring all the incidents where someone from the "Resistance" has attacked Trump supporters.

To call this kind of article disingenuous would be generous in the extreme. To see it promoted by NBC, one of the traditional bastions of broadcast journalism, really tells us where we are as a country and it tells us a WHOLE lot about where the major players in the media stand, politically. There really isn't much doubt at all any more that most of the broadcast and print media has become the propaganda arm of the political class.

Yeah, once we realized that trumpers didn't give a damn about facts or evidence...…...it gave liberals the go ahead and treat the republicans the same way.

It was a great counter to your claim that all ANTIFA believes in violence. Your ignorance is still ignorant.

Ignorance is still ignorant eh? My mention of irony went right over you, I guess.

The mention of their violence was tertiary to the point that the hat doesn't matter. Try a third time?

...more telling, what exactly is the threat?

Why don't you ask an Africa-American what he/she might think the threat would be if a bunch of men walked into a bar he/she was sitting at wearing MAGA hats ?

How would they feel if the men were waving Confederate flags ?

What would be the difference ?

In case you failed to notice, I said the Red MAGA baseball cap has been hi-jacked by the extreme right.

But reading the whole post is not something you "patriots" like to do.

Why don't you ask an Africa-American what he/she might think the threat would be if a bunch of men walked into a bar he/she was sitting at wearing MAGA hats ?

In case you failed to notice, I said the Red MAGA baseball cap has been hi-jacked by the extreme right.

Reading silly does not always require responding to it. Like pretending red hats are the same as a symbol of a war over slavery 150 years ago.

The only ones hi-jacking red hats are the extreme left like the author shown in the op

I don’t believe wearing a MAGA hat means somebody is a racist. But when you really think about what it means I can see how it might be considered “politically aggressive” by many people of color.

Why do I say that? What does it stand for? “Make America Great Again”. It is that “again” part that gives many minorities some concern. When do these hat wearers think America was great and when do they think it stopped being great? Often times what old white folks remember as the good old days was quite the opposite for minorities. Was it great before blacks had the right to vote? Before women could vote? Before women were allowed to have their own credit cards(1974)? Before mixed race relations were legal? Before it was legal to be gay? Before it was legal for gays to marry? When were the great days that your hat is saying you want to return to?

Last edited:
Why don't you ask an Africa-American what he/she might think the threat would be if a bunch of men walked into a bar he/she was sitting at wearing MAGA hats?

I AM an "African" American man (although most of us tend to prefer to use "Black" since we were born here). I ask again, what "Threat" do you speak of?

How would they feel if the men were waving Confederate flags?

Red Herring. Stick to the point.

What would be the difference?

That was a symbol of a defeated rebellion. Some consider it offensive because of the actions and cause of that rebellion. This is a straw man response.

Not in the response to the picture you made that I responded to. What you said in some other response is irrelevant to your assertion in the post I responded to. Again stick to the point.

Ad hominin. More deflection. :roll:

Again, what "threat" does that or any other African American face simply for wearing a MAGA hat?

From what I've seen in the media so far, all the threats seem to be coming from the Left when the hat "triggers" their hate. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
Nick Sandmann, a student at Covington Catholic, says he was a silent bystander in viral video. But his MAGA hat spoke for him.

I'd like to point out that this piece, while opinion, isn't on some off the wall blog or some "news" site with a well know and recognized political lean. It's from NBC.

This is what MAIN STREAM MEDIA is putting out to the public -

"Aligning oneself with Trump's movement is an aggressive political statement"

That's where we are today. The author then goes on to describe all kinds of incidents where a Trump supporter "taunted or attacked someone from a marginalized group". He does that while ignoring all the incidents where someone from the "Resistance" has attacked Trump supporters.

To call this kind of article disingenuous would be generous in the extreme. To see it promoted by NBC, one of the traditional bastions of broadcast journalism, really tells us where we are as a country and it tells us a WHOLE lot about where the major players in the media stand, politically. There really isn't much doubt at all any more that most of the broadcast and print media has become the propaganda arm of the political class. They aren't even hiding it any more.

Are you denying that Trump has exacerbated divisions on racial and political lines by his statements and actions? It seems to me that that is the crux of Trumps appeal. Do you also deny that "sticking it to the lefties" has become a common retort on this board? You have your own "propaganda arms " in the Whitehouse and Fox News. Do you also blame them for their exacerbation of this division?

Reading silly does not always require responding to it. Like pretending red hats are the same as a symbol of a war over slavery 150 years ago.

The only ones hi-jacking red hats are the extreme left like the author shown in the op

Deny it if you want.

Trump's core base are white males without college degrees.

Misinterpreting posts and claiming red MAGA hats are a symbol of any war is silly writing.

Those hats are (now) symbols of racism and hated.

We've already had the MAGA bomber...what do you need to convince you? The next Dylann Roofe wearing a MAGA hat ?

Truth is truth. MAGA = racist, ignorant, unintelligent, scum sucking pond **** that is a waste of air. That's being nice about it.

Truth is truth Democrat = racist, ignorant, unintelligent, scum sucking pond **** that is a waste of air.

I bet you didn't realize how stupid that sounded until it was reversed, did you?

I AM an "African" American man (although most of us tend to prefer to use "Black" since we were born here). I ask again, what "Threat" do you speak of?

I don't know, what threat have African-Americans ever faced from right wing extremists ?

Maybe if they were wearing white hoods ?

...Red Herring. Stick to the point....

That is the point

Why did we see places like South Carolina finally haul down Confederate flags from outside of state buildings ?

...that was a symbol of a defeated rebellion. Some consider it offensive because of the actions and cause of that rebellion. This is a straw man response....

It may have been once

In the 60's the Confederate flag was a symbol of the 60's rebellion of society's standards.

Today it is the symbol of racism and oppression.

...not in the response to the picture you made that I responded to....

Then the lesson you need to take away is to follow the whole conversation, not jump in arbitrarily and assume you know what you're talking about and making straw man, ad hominem attacks (notice the spelling).

...again, what "threat" does that or any other African American face simply for wearing a MAGA hat?

Again read the thread...you've clearly jumped in half way and don't know what is being said.

Deny it if you want.

Trump's core base are white males without college degrees.

Misinterpreting posts and claiming red MAGA hats are a symbol of any war is silly writing.

Those hats are (now) symbols of racism and hated.

We've already had the MAGA bomber...what do you need to convince you? The next Dylann Roofe wearing a MAGA hat ?

First, let me thank you graciously for your permission to deny lies and misinformation. That's very gracious at the beginning of a post full of them.

I never claimed the hats were a symbol of a war. That was the idiotic comparison made between red hats aND the confederate flag.

The only ones showing racism regarding red hats are those who have trouble with reality. So far it's the extreme partisan left.

So if I list .. say .. 20 killers of Democrats politics, you will say anyone wearing den gear is a killer and racist? I know I set the bar low, but it took me almost 30 seconds to get 15 on a list.

Welcome to the new narrative, where making accusations of Nazis to any that disagree with you isn't enough, you have to thought police their clothing now.

Just pathetic, you are being led around like a sheep. A hat isn't a symbol of racism, use your damn head.

Truth is truth Democrat = racist, ignorant, unintelligent, scum sucking pond **** that is a waste of air.

I bet you didn't realize how stupid that sounded until it was reversed, did you?

Nope because yours is a lie not mine . :mrgreen:

Truth is truth. MAGA = Trump won the presidency, and the ignorant race baiting, TDSers, who won't accept the outcome of the election, are a waste of air. That's being nice about it. :peace:mrgreen:

Truth is truth. MAGA = Trump won the presidency, and the ignorant race baiting, TDSers who won't accept the outcome of the election, are a waste of air. That's being nice about it. :peace:mrgreen:

I've accepting the outcome of the election that there are a lot of dumb Trump supporters out there that are racist and white supremacy enablers and the rest that voted for Trump are now regretting it.

Nope because yours is a lie not mine . :mrgreen:

Keep believing that. That's the real hate right there. Demonizing and dehumanizing people is the first step to truly hating others. Congratulations, I guess.

Seeing a white person in a MAGA hat and jumping to the conclusion they are racist is as stupid as seeing a black person in a red sweatshirt and jumping to the conclusion they are a gang banger.

I've accepting the outcome of the election that there are a lot of dumb Trump supporters out there that are racist and white supremacy enablers and the rest that voted for Trump are now regretting it.

False dichotomy with a touch of slander, how erudite.

Keep believing that. That's the real hate right there. Demonizing and dehumanizing people is the first step to truly hating others. Congratulations, I guess.

Actually the first step to truly hating others is to be a Trump supporter. The rest of your comment is just garbage and dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom