• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Haters Go After the 'Ground Zero Mosque'

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Of course, that would suit the haters, like Pamela "Shrieking Harpy" Geller, fuehrer of the "Stop the Islamization of America" movement, just fine. Geller is a self-proclaimed "Objectivist," a follower of Ayn Rand's philosophy, whose blog – "Atlas Shrugs" – is named after Rand's famous novel. It's a case of intellectual expropriation both obscene and absurd, since Geller's style of "argumentation" is as emotion-laden and out of control as Rand's was cool, objective, and rational. Geller's "argument" is that all Muslims are inherently and irredeemably evil, and out to destroy America: there are no "moderates," and those who pretend to be so are merely biding their time until the day they can reveal their true colors and impose Sharia law on the rest of us. Reading her tracts is kind of like perusing the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion, only with Muslims taking the place of Jews as the sinister, all-powerful Forces of Darkness. Geller herself is a nobody, a publicity-seeker with no real arguments to make, so I won't burden my readers with too much of her incoherent shrieking, but here's a sample:

"Another stab in the eye of America……….'Muslim Family Day' on September 12th. Vile. Six Flags hosts the annual Muslim Brotherhood front, I.C.N.A., for Muslim Family Day on September 12. ‘This event offers fun for the entire family and will also offer halal food stalls.'"

Its really funny how those who slam the Douchebag-in-Chief for trampling on our rights support using the same Government Thugs to violate the private property rights of their enemies.

Haters Go After the 'Ground Zero Mosque' by Justin Raimondo

Justin Raimondo calling somebody else a hater is like Carrot Top calling somebody ugly.

His whole schtick is hate.

Im sorry, is there supposed to be a point to the OP or is it more anti-Obama ranting?

Im sorry, is there supposed to be a point to the OP or is it more anti-Obama ranting?

Wait -- seriously? You think the point in the OP was just to bash Obama? Really?

Yeah, I really do.

:roll:

I understand that the "Centrist" label here on DP has long been a very potent set of hyper-pro-liberal sunglasses which prevents you from seeing anything other than "Douchebag-in-Chief ," but really -- come on. It's a pretty long sentence otherwise. Try reading the rest of it, filter-free.

Yeah, I really do.

He was more saying it funny how some say the President is taking away our rights, want to take away the right of these Muslims from building a mosque on land they legal purchased. So while he was bashing the President, he was more bashing his critics.

Justin Raimondo calling somebody else a hater is like Carrot Top calling somebody ugly.

His whole schtick is hate.

You based this opinion on what exactly?

Trying reading the article.

He was more saying it funny how some say the President is taking away our rights, want to take away the right of these Muslims from building a mosque on land they legal purchased. So while he was bashing the President, he was more bashing his critics.

Not really I was bashing the double standard of those who pretend to be opposed to statism but in reality embrace it for different reasons.

Not really I was bashing the double standard of those who pretend to be opposed to statism but in reality embrace it for different reasons.

I agree with that in this case. People only seem to like statism when their side is the one doing it.

I'm sorry,k you have the right to break the law?

No, Im sorry that I refuse to be politically correct for you and worship the guns of the state. Police should be viewed this same destain as politicians and are only required as a nessary evil. Now are you actually going to address the topic at hand which is those supporting using the state gun in order to prevent these citizens from doing what they want on private property.

Police should be viewed this same destain as politicians and are only required as a nessary evil.

Politicians put their lives in danger every day to keep the streets safe? News to me.

No, Im sorry that I refuse to be politically correct for you and worship the guns of the state. Police should be viewed this same destain as politicians and are only required as a nessary evil. Now are you actually going to address the topic at hand which is those supporting using the state gun in order to prevent these citizens from doing what they want on private property.

Oh sure - you'll hate them until you *need* them to save your ass some day.

Oh sure - you'll hate them until you *need* them to save your ass some day.

Who else is going to direct traffic in a thunderstorm?

Honestly, Muslims should be aloud to build their mosque as long as no laws were broken building it. What Americans need to know is the symbolism the mosque represents is that we have or will be conquered by Muslims.

It's very hard to take you seriously when your obvious fear of the police... what is it about your life that has you fearing police? Clouds your judgment so. Politicians are often selfish SOB's out for personal power, glory and gain. Police are most often selfless individuals trying to help keep society safe from criminal elements.

As for teh OP, I happen to agree with any measure taken to stop this Mosque from being built, it's an affornt to the the country, and to those that died on 9/11 to allow Islam to build a Mosque there.

It's very hard to take you seriously when your obvious fear of the police... what is it about your life that has you fearing police? Clouds your judgment so. Politicians are often selfish SOB's out for personal power, glory and gain. Police are most often selfless individuals trying to help keep society safe from criminal elements.

I really dont give a **** if you take me seriously or not. My argument is based on rights not emotion.

As for teh OP, I happen to agree with any measure taken to stop this Mosque from being built, it's an affornt to the the country, and to those that died on 9/11 to allow Islam to build a Mosque there.

So your proof that the land was illegally obtained and/or that these people are not US citizens is where? Since thats the only legal recourse anyone has. Other than its nothing but conservative political correctness and appealing to emotion. Your double speak is amusing at best.

I really dont give a **** if you take me seriously or not. My argument is based on rights not emotion.
BULL****. Police are there to protect society. Not randomly deny you rights. What RIGHT do police deny you? What Freedoms? None. You're full of **** on this score, with you it's ALL emotionalism. Aside your emotional hate of Poplice, I tend to agree with you on most issues, but on the Police... you're like a Klan member talking about blacks.

So your proof that the land was illegally obtained and/or that these people are not US citizens is where? Since thats the only legal recourse anyone has. Other than its nothing but conservative political correctness and appealing to emotion. Your double speak is amusing at best.

It has nothing to do with political correctness, it has to do with what is CORRECT. Letting islamic idiots to build a Mosque by the site of 9/11 is jsut STUPID.

It has nothing to do with political correctness, it has to do with what is CORRECT. Letting islamic idiots to build a Mosque by the site of 9/11 is jsut STUPID.

What's stupid is equating the Cordoba Institute with extremists.

BULL****. Police are there to protect society. Not randomly deny you rights. What RIGHT do police deny you? What Freedoms? None. You're full of **** on this score, with you it's ALL emotionalism. Aside your emotional hate of Poplice, I tend to agree with you on most issues, but on the Police... you're like a Klan member talking about blacks.

Raise the flag! I finally agree with Mr. V. GO NAVY!

Back
Top Bottom