• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Haters Go After the 'Ground Zero Mosque'

If free speech rights protect the right of the KKK to have their rallies, property and religious rights protect the right of the Cordoba Institute to build their mosque on their land.

Last edited:
If free speech rights protect the right of the KKK to have their rallies, property and religious rights protect the right of the Cordoba Institute to build their mosque on their land.

Maybe we should build a First Baptist Church in Mecca too. No wait. Non-Muslims aren't allowed in that city. Nevermind......

Oh sure - you'll hate them until you *need* them to save your ass some day.

Chances are that if I "need" them to save my ass some day, they'll be 10 minutes too late. I'm better off relying on myself to save my own ass.

As for teh OP, I happen to agree with any measure taken to stop this Mosque from being built, it's an affornt to the the country, and to those that died on 9/11 to allow Islam to build a Mosque there.

No it's not. It's a ****ing building on a piece of land. That's it. And so long as they've purchased the land legally and obey all the zoning laws/permits, etc. then they are free to build whatever they want on their property. That's it. It's called property rights. The "conservatives" often complain about how property rights are abused by government and other forces, which is true. It's funny to see the defense of infringing upon property rights here merely because someone envisions a building as some form of insult. But of course, it's America so people are free to take offense to anything they want. They are not free, however, from infringing upon the rights of others if said person did not infringe upon the rights of anyone else.

It has nothing to do with political correctness, it has to do with what is CORRECT. Letting islamic idiots to build a Mosque by the site of 9/11 is jsut STUPID.

Stupidity is allowing over emotional responses to allow us to infringe upon the rights of others.

Maybe we should build a First Baptist Church in Mecca too. No wait. Non-Muslims aren't allowed in that city. Nevermind......

If Mecca were in America, then there would be no problem. But it's not, it's in another sovereign nation of which we have no proper authority to dictate their actions. In America, where this mosque is being built, we have established the recognition of rights and strive to uphold freedom and liberty. Such as building something on your plot of land which adheres to all codes and laws. It's their right. It's stupid to say "Oh Christians couldn't do it in Mecca" because Mecca is not in America. What other nations do is their business, not ours. Our business is involved here in America and here we have standards of freedom and liberty. ****, I mean if we're going to do something like say "in some nation they can't do X" as excuse to outlawing X here; we're up ****'s creek without a paddle.

If Mecca were in America, then there would be no problem. But it's not, it's in another sovereign nation of which we have no proper authority to dictate their actions. In America, where this mosque is being built, we have established the recognition of rights and strive to uphold freedom and liberty. Such as building something on your plot of land which adheres to all codes and laws. It's their right. It's stupid to say "Oh Christians couldn't do it in Mecca" because Mecca is not in America. What other nations do is their business, not ours. Our business is involved here in America and here we have standards of freedom and liberty. ****, I mean if we're going to do something like say "in some nation they can't do X" as excuse to outlawing X here; we're up ****'s creek without a paddle.

It's also the right of Westboro Baptist Church losers to carry "God Hates Fags that's why your Son died" signs to the funerals of dead service members. Sometimes you have to balance "Rights" with what is right. Building a Mosque at ground zero is nothing more then Islam using our laws to MOCK US. And if you don't think that plays into this affair, you're in DENIAL.

It's also the right of Westboro Baptist Church losers to carry "God Hates Fags that's why your Son died" signs to the funerals of dead service members. Sometimes you have to balance "Rights" with what is right. Building a Mosque at ground zero is nothing more then Islam using our laws to MOCK US. And if you don't think that plays into this affair, you're in DENIAL.

And we let those Westboro Baptist people go where they want and protest where they want. They just protested ComicCon. Their choice. Just like here with the mosque. Land was legally purchased. Building passes all legal hurdles, it's their right to put it up then. That's that. This is America, not Saudi Arabia. If you think that building a mosque there is an attempt to mock us, then you're delusional. And even if it were true, who cares? Everyone is free here, everyone gets to participate and enjoy it. Why should we deny freedom to muslims? You say they want to use our laws to mock us. I say they get to enjoy the freedom and liberty that America has to offer. Besides, there's nothing legally we can justly do about it. And if you try to use government in some way to prevent it, you've just let the terrorists win. When we become afraid of our own freedoms; they win.

And we let those Westboro Baptist people go where they want and protest where they want. They just protested ComicCon. Their choice. Just like here with the mosque. Land was legally purchased. Building passes all legal hurdles, it's their right to put it up then. That's that. This is America, not Saudi Arabia. If you think that building a mosque there is an attempt to mock us, then you're delusional. And even if it were true, who cares? Everyone is free here, everyone gets to participate and enjoy it. Why should we deny freedom to muslims? You say they want to use our laws to mock us. I say they get to enjoy the freedom and liberty that America has to offer. Besides, there's nothing legally we can justly do about it. And if you try to use government in some way to prevent it, you've just let the terrorists win. When we become afraid of our own freedoms; they win.

Sadly, you're part of the problem, not the solution.

I believe it to be the other way around. Since America was founded on the principles of freedom and liberty, of understanding and recognizing the innate and inalienable rights of the individual; it are those opposed to such ideals who are the problem. In short, people like you who wish to use government power against the rights of the individual, thus decreasing the freedom and liberty shared by the people. Ironically enough, many of these same people claim that terrorists "hate us for our freedom", but that very freedom is that which they attack. So while I wish to preserve the integrity and resolve of this nation, you wish to attack it and thus have become the problem. But have no fear, I have lots of guns.

So you're saying that New York should be more like Mecca?
Surely you'd prefer it if Mecca was more like New York?

I never quite get that. "They're discriminating against us, which is clearly wrong! The solution must be for us to discriminate against them!"

Last edited:

Well, you know how I feel about it. Screw 'em.

But sadly, Ikari is technically right. I hate that too.

This is one of those times when our declared liberties and freedoms and being a land of law comes back to bite us in the ass. Same for the Westboro freaks.

Dammit.

At least, two blocks away isn't on top of the ruins. I know those bastards would love to build on top of that.

But, you can bet, if I'm reading the cable news trends right, Islamphobia will be played to the hilt in the upcoming elections. Heard Ol' Newt is campaigning on passing legislation that will stop Sharia Law from invading our shores. Like that could or would EVER happen. That's probably one of the dumbest things I have heard out of Washington in a month. LOL. He's starting early.

The question is, this time around, will the people fall for the dumbass wedge issue distractions or focus on the real issues facing our country in these trying times? We've had enough of the Newt's and the Clinton's. I think we've had enough of the left and right. Enough democrats and republicans. It's time to elect people who are for the people. Perhaps they should pass legislation making professional politics against the law instead. Clean house.

Last edited:
The Cosntitution and the Country were not founded to surrender to it's enemies. And while NOT ALL MUSLIMS are evil and all that... you really don't think that an element of "We came, we saw, we conquer" didn't play into this location? Hmm?

They might be "able" to do it, but they shouldn't, and should be stopped.

So you're saying that New York should be more like Mecca?
Surely you'd prefer it if Mecca was more like New York?

I never quite get that. "They're discriminating against us, which is clearly wrong! The solution must be for us to discriminate against them!"

You got me all wrong. I don't want to discriminate against them. I want to mash them up in a tree shredder. :rofl

You based this opinion on what exactly?

I base my opinion upon having the misfortune of having read much of the psychotic drivel this raving sociopath vomits forth with such regularity.

Chances are that if I "need" them to save my ass some day, they'll be 10 minutes too late. I'm better off relying on myself to save my own ass.

If they can't be at the scene of a crime in 30 seconds, then screw em'. Society is better off without them! :roll:

If they can't be at the scene of a crime in 30 seconds, then screw em'. Society is better off without them! :roll:

No, they're pretty good at issuing speeding tickets. But if they can't be at the scene in 30 seconds, I'm better off relying on myself to defend myself.

The Cosntitution and the Country were not founded to surrender to it's enemies. And while NOT ALL MUSLIMS are evil and all that... you really don't think that an element of "We came, we saw, we conquer" didn't play into this location? Hmm?

They might be "able" to do it, but they shouldn't, and should be stopped.

The Constitution and the Country were found in order to protect and proliferate the rights and liberties of the individual.

No, they're pretty good at issuing speeding tickets. But if they can't be at the scene in 30 seconds, I'm better off relying on myself to defend myself.

It's always funny when people think that because it may be true in some situations they could face, that they can just assume it will always be the case.

"I have a shotgun in my house, Imma blow away anybody that tries to come in my house!" - What if you're not near it the moment someone breaks in?
"I got my Colt .45 on my side at all times incase someone tries to take me down!" - What if you're like my cousin who had someone spring up on him and his girlfriend with a gun pointed right at his face? Are you QuickDraw McGraw?

Of course they're all hypotheticals, except for the real case there, but who's counting?

You know, I never understood the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team. They're so useless, am I right?

The Constitution and the Country were found in order to protect and proliferate the rights and liberties of the individual.

Not at the expense of the Country. And in this case, letting those that attacked us put a big thumb in our eye isn't right.

But you won't see that, cause you don't seperate right from right.

Not at the expense of the Country. And in this case, letting those that attacked us put a big thumb in our eye isn't right.

But you won't see that, cause you don't seperate right from right.

No it's not. Just because you're freaking out about it doesn't mean that it's something to freak out about. It's not a thumb in anyone's eye, that's being stupid. Oh noes, a Mosque and community center....the world will end...THE WORLD WILL END!!!!! Whatever Chicken Little. This country will still be here, even with that mosque. Our laws will still all be intact, even with this mosque. Nothing is going to change, we won't be under and sort of Muslim law or any of it. All you chicken little's out there need to wake up and smell reality. All you are trying to do is empower the government against the rights and liberties of the People. And that is the exact OPPOSITE reason we established this great experiment to freedom and liberty. It's time for us to stop being stupid. Sky is not falling. America will not end. Allowing the mosque is merely accepting and recognizing the rights of the individual.

It's always funny when people think that because it may be true in some situations they could face, that they can just assume it will always be the case.

"I have a shotgun in my house, Imma blow away anybody that tries to come in my house!" - What if you're not near it the moment someone breaks in?
"I got my Colt .45 on my side at all times incase someone tries to take me down!" - What if you're like my cousin who had someone spring up on him and his girlfriend with a gun pointed right at his face? Are you QuickDraw McGraw?

Of course they're all hypotheticals, except for the real case there, but who's counting?

Of course none of that changes what I said.

By the way, did the cops show up to help out your cousin, or did he have to fend for himself? I mean, you keep talking like I should have to worry about my own safety, that there will be some magical government force which will appear at the right time and help me out. Did the police show up as soon as that guy sprung up? Hmmm? Or is my statement still true and reasonable? It's one of the two there Mr. Overreaction, so let's see it.

You know, I never understood the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team. They're so useless, am I right?

No, but at least your consistent. If you're done making stupid comments then, we can continue. But this is more of the same crap that's been spewing from your vomit hole. What the hell does this have to do with anything I said. I said when I would need the police the most, chances are they'll be 10 minutes away. Thus I am better off relying on myself to defend myself. And that still remains a true statement. Furthermore, police don't even have to show up if you are in danger. SCOTUS said that one. So you can take your failed smarmy and keep on moving because it's total weaksauce with nothing important, nothing intellectual, and nothing more than a collection of attacks while disregarding the original statement all together. Your argument, in short, sucks and fails.

So we're comparing ourselves to the regime that doesn't let women drive and stones adulterers?

Back
Top Bottom