• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hate, Fear, Blame, Violence, Racial Strife_

Empirica

~Transcend~
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Hate and suspicion seems to be the driving force behind this roller coaster to armageddon we're riding on?!

Has anyone noticed how hateful, disruptive and demanding America has become over the past four years?!

And every single issue escalates into angry conflicts with constant accusations of hate, blame and racism?!

Even the POTUS and his AG have broke rank with civility and condemned a fair trial and a jury's verdict?!

But this isn't about Martin/Zimmerman, it's about the everyday hate that seems to be occurring everywhere?!

It's as if people are smoldering and seething and heaving ever closer to some explosive human eruption?!

I've never known or heard of times like this before and frankly I'm not sure we'll make it another four years?!

Is it possible we are witnessing the last days of the United States of America?!...What would become of us?!

Hate and suspicion seems to be the driving force behind this roller coaster to armageddon we're riding on?!

Has anyone noticed how hateful, disruptive and demanding America has become over the past four years?!

And every single issue escalates into angry conflicts with constant accusations of hate, blame and racism?!

Even the POTUS and his AG have broke rank with civility and condemned a fair trial and a jury's verdict?!

But this isn't about Martin/Zimmerman, it's about the everyday hate that seems to be occurring everywhere?!

It's as if people are smoldering and seething and heaving ever closer to some explosive human eruption?!

I've never known or heard of times like this before and frankly I'm not sure we'll make it another four years?!

Is it possible we are witnessing the last days of the United States of America?!...What would become of us?!

I think that unbridled fear is one of the most poisonous emotions. It destroys so much. A little is healthy. But it can lead to so many problems. I think a lot of what we are seeing is natural human nature. The problem is that as a society, we have let our policies go mostly untouched in a changing society. Our policies need to grow with our needs. Right now, policy is having a hard time keeping up. I also think that people close their minds and cling to fuzzy logic that was learned at an early age. Here's an idea, put most citizens through some kind of college, associates, trade school bachelors, etc. and we will likely have a more open minded society. Thinking critically is one of the best things for us.

View attachment 67150472

Chill.

Not any more so than they were in the 4, 8, 12, or 16 years before

Nope, can't say that is true. More fights are about money than race.

It isn't like they have any chance of advancing any legislation, so they need to do something with their time.

Sure it is.

Good stool softener might help with the seething and heaving thing.

Seriously? I mean I don't live in the pre-Me era of human history too much, but we were hosing people down the streets and beating them silly not really that long ago in big picture time. I'd say things have been much worse.

Well, if you believe that there will be an end to the US, then every day that passes is a day closer to that end. That has more to do with the sequential nature of time than who is in the White House.

Could the bolded give a little insight as to what this thread is really all about? It's Obama's fault. ;)

The US has survived Jones Town, Nixon, The Kennedy Assassination (both of them), the murder of MLK, The Vietnam War and the Watts riots. We'll survive this.

BTW, obviously I could have listed a lot more but I was just thinking of things that occurred somewhere around the same period of time (in my mind anyway), which seems like it must have been a crazy time to be alive.

Last edited:
So there's nothing out of the ordinary on the radar and everything is basically business as usual?!

Whew!...It's such a relief to find out the only problem was me over-reacting to misinformation_

I suppose that's what happens when one doesn't pay enough attention to Main Stream Media_

Everyone please accept my apology for hitting the panic button prematurely; go back to sleep now_

Back
Top Bottom