• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hate Crimes Indeed

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Jeffrey T. Brown
July 17, 2013

Now that a jury has considered the best evidence the State of Florida could offer against George Zimmerman, and that it did not prove that Zimmerman was either the aggressor or an intentional killer, the left has a problem. It invested what little credibility it had entirely in using George Zimmerman as a distraction from the horrific violence in black communities. The consequence, we were told before and have been told since, is that it is open season for non-blacks against blacks, and this case exemplifies how dangerous it is for blacks when they merely buy Skittles or wear a hoodie.

We are forever being told by the left about how awful this country is for anyone who is not white. Blacks are being gunned down in the streets by non-blacks. Except they're not. Muslims are being discriminated against wholesale, and are afraid to leave their homes. Except they're not. Gun owners are violent crazies bent on mass murder, except they're not. Christians are trying to force their religion on us. Except they're not. Tea Party members are racists and violent. I believe the Breitbart reward for evidence of the accusations of tea party racism remains unclaimed, even in this day of cell phone cameras and video.

Read more:
Articles: Hate Crimes Indeed

To the uninformed gullible voter, or completely brainwashed and racist Liberal these are facts they refuse or want to believe.

By Jeffrey T. Brown
July 17, 2013

Now that a jury has considered the best evidence the State of Florida could offer against George Zimmerman, and that it did not prove that Zimmerman was either the aggressor or an intentional killer, the left has a problem. It invested what little credibility it had entirely in using George Zimmerman as a distraction from the horrific violence in black communities. The consequence, we were told before and have been told since, is that it is open season for non-blacks against blacks, and this case exemplifies how dangerous it is for blacks when they merely buy Skittles or wear a hoodie.

We are forever being told by the left about how awful this country is for anyone who is not white. Blacks are being gunned down in the streets by non-blacks. Except they're not. Muslims are being discriminated against wholesale, and are afraid to leave their homes. Except they're not. Gun owners are violent crazies bent on mass murder, except they're not. Christians are trying to force their religion on us. Except they're not. Tea Party members are racists and violent. I believe the Breitbart reward for evidence of the accusations of tea party racism remains unclaimed, even in this day of cell phone cameras and video.

Read more:

To the uninformed gullible voter, or completely brainwashed and racist Liberal these are facts they refuse or want to believe.

So so true!

As previous said, these facts do not fit the narrative of the Left, therefore there cannot be a legitimate response. Their overwhelming hatred for the Constitution, and the laws derived thereof shows each time a jury of their peers decides differently than they want the decision to be.

By Jeffrey T. Brown
July 17, 2013

Read more:

Are you a black man? This experience could be beyond your realm of experience and you could be less than an expert.

Are you a black man? This experience could be beyond your realm of experience and you could be less than an expert.

Do you view all blacks the same?
Using your logic, then the experience any human could be beyond the realm of experience of another no matter what background, hence the other human would be less than an expert on the first.

We are all unique. It is time for people to quit using race as an excuse.

We are an interracial family.

That does not answer my question. Are you a black man is your wife black do you have adopted black children?

Do you view all blacks the same?
Using your logic, then the experience any human could be beyond the realm of experience of another no matter what background, hence the other human would be less than an expert on the first.

We are all unique. It is time for people to quit using race as an excuse.

You still didnt answer my question.

I am a woman if I am having a conversation with at man it is going to be more challenging to me to understand his experience because I am a woman.

My whole stance during this argument should illustrate that very point. People are individuals and should be judged as such. Race is not an excuse but it is a factor.

That does not answer my question. Are you a black man is your wife black do you have adopted black children?

Yes I'm married to an Afro-American woman, and my daughter is married to an Afro-American man. Does that make a difference in your analysis?

Yes I'm married to an Afro-American woman, and my daughter is married to an Afro-American man. Does that make a difference in your analysis?

Well thank you for answering the question. It does make you more credible when you talk about "black america" to me, yes.

You still didnt answer my question.

I am a woman if I am having a conversation with at man it is going to be more challenging to me to understand his experience because I am a woman.

My whole stance during this argument should illustrate that very point. People are individuals and should be judged as such. Race is not an excuse but it is a factor.

No, I am not black.

Your point of people are individuals is correct.
Since they are, then even within a ethnic population individuals will have different experiences. Your point I think you are trying to make is only a black can understand a black is so 1930's thinking.

No, I am not black.

Your point of people are individuals is correct.
Since they are, then even within a ethnic population individuals will have different experiences. Your point I think you are trying to make is only a black can understand a black is so 1930's thinking.

No that is not what I am saying, although I can see how it could come across that way. I think most people have the capacity to empathize. I think however that most people do not do it. The point I am struggling to make is that someone within an experience is worth listening to because they will know their experience better than someone outside of it.

No that is not what I am saying, although I can see how it could come across that way. I think most people have the capacity to empathize. I think however that most people do not do it. The point I am struggling to make is that someone within an experience is worth listening to because they will know their experience better than someone outside of it.

ok
my point is both GZ and TM made some questionable decisions that night that esculated the situation. If you don't like a law, then get enough people togeather to get it changed.

It is sad that TM died. Young people die every day in the US for various reasons. IMO, this case is no different than other self defense shootings. Race is not a factor in this case and the politicians should not be exploiting it.

ok
my point is both GZ and TM made some questionable decisions that night that esculated the situation. If you don't like a law, then get enough people togeather to get it changed.

It is sad that TM died. Young people die every day in the US for various reasons. IMO, this case is no different than other self defense shootings. Race is not a factor in this case and the politicians should not be exploiting it.

Thank you for staying civil and yes I agree with you they both made questionable (great word to describe their choices btw) choices. I think the law should be changed or at least modified.

Thank you for having the decency to acknowledge that TM's death is sad. It is.

We will have to agree to disagree on whether or not this case is different. Obviously, think it is. I also think that race was a factor. I would not be so bold as to accuse someone I do not know of racism (meaning Z) but I do believe it was a factor.

I also agree that the motives of some involved in the circus that has erupted around this case may be subject to question, for me however, it does not mean that it has not shown the light on a legitimate problem in this country. Whatever you think the cause is, the crime rate, high school drop out rate, rate of incarceration, violence and poverty that persists in black communities around the country needs to be addressed in an effective way.

Thank you for staying civil and yes I agree with you they both made questionable (great word to describe their choices btw) choices. I think the law should be changed or at least modified.

Thank you for having the decency to acknowledge that TM's death is sad. It is.

We will have to agree to disagree on whether or not this case is different. Obviously, think it is. I also think that race was a factor. I would not be so bold as to accuse someone I do not know of racism (meaning Z) but I do believe it was a factor.

I also agree that the motives of some involved in the circus that has erupted around this case may be subject to question, for me however, it does not mean that it has not shown the light on a legitimate problem in this country. Whatever you think the cause is, the crime rate, high school drop out rate, rate of incarceration, violence and poverty that persists in black communities around the country needs to be addressed in an effective way.

we are good. I understand your point. Do you feel the same when a white person is killed by a non white.
That is why I like to not involve the race of the individuals. Unless it can be proven beyond a shadow of doubt, saying race is a factor just leads to resentment.

Judge someone for their character not their color was a great statement by MLK.
Too many are still using race as an excuse.

If the trend continues "whites" will be the minority in the US very soon. Wonder if the "hate crime" laws, affirmative actions, diversity will apply to "whites" then? Something to think about.

I have always disliked hypen extenstions to type of people. You are either an American or you are not.

we are good. I understand your point. Do you feel the same when a white person is killed by a non white.
That is why I like to not involve the race of the individuals. Unless it can be proven beyond a shadow of doubt, saying race is a factor just leads to resentment.

Judge someone for their character not their color was a great statement by MLK.
Too many are still using race as an excuse.

If the trend continues "whites" will be the minority in the US very soon. Wonder if the "hate crime" laws, affirmative actions, diversity will apply to "whites" then? Something to think about.

I have always disliked hypen extenstions to type of people. You are either an American or you are not.

I could not agree more, people are people. There are racists of all shades and I would hope we could come together as people and begin to see each other as people instead of black, white, yellow, brown or gay or straight or catholic or atheist and on and on. I have always told my kids, in is natural to asses people quickly based on how they present themselves. I understand that and really you would be foolish not too. The thing to remember is to keep your mind open and receptive and allow that person to show you who they really are. We are often wrong.

Yes, I would feel the exact same way regardless of what color of skin anyone involved in this case had. For me at least, it seems people have had a very difficult time separating what we truly know vs what we deduce from what we know. This is where the racism comes into play from my perspective. It leads some to deduce things that for me do not have a basis in objective sound reasoning. Let me reiterate, I think we all have views tainted with racism from time to time and we don't even realize it. I see that as different than anyone I would point at and call a racist. I don't see them as racists.

I also agree that when the issue of race enters the conversation it can get ugly fast. I still think however that, as in the Z case, whether we are comfortable with it or not IT IS part of the discussion because it is part (just part) of a greater problem and not having that conversation is choosing not to acknowledge the elephant in the room. It is usually the uncomfortable conversations that are most necessary.

As for affirmative action laws applying to whites if the tables are ever turned....why wouldn't they?

So stupid. A black man can yell racism and crowds gather. A white man can stand there and say 'No I'm not" and the calls for reverse discrimination abound. LET IT GO!! Whites, at least 95% of them, are NOT racists. Blacks, at least 50% of them, are. Know Justice, Know Peace" Can't we all just get along?

One doesn't have to be a black man to accept the CLEAR and COMPELLING FACTS about the REALITY of MOST of the Black on White CRIMES.

So stupid. A black man can yell racism and crowds gather. A white man can stand there and say 'No I'm not" and the calls for reverse discrimination abound. LET IT GO!! Whites, at least 95% of them, are NOT racists. Blacks, at least 50% of them, are. Know Justice, Know Peace" Can't we all just get along?

You say:" Blacks, at least 50% of them, are (racists)".

I say: Blacks are at least 95% + Racists.

Reason: the Corrupt RACIST Congressional Black Caucus contributes approx 95% of the TOTAL BLACK vote to the CORRUPT DEM PARTY in ALL Elections. This can be easily checked out.

Hilary is Slick Willy's Wife. Reputedly, Slick Willy was the "FIRST Black President " .......Yet, Obummerrhoid got ~ 95% (or close to it) of the Total Black Vote when Hillary ran against the Obumster.

Question: When did ANY NON-Black Politico get ANYWHERE CLOSE to 95% of the NON-Black vote ?!?!?

WITHOUT THIS CORRUPT RACIST BLACK VOTE, THE CORRUPT DEM PARTY COULD NOT EXIST!!!

The CORRUPT RACIST Congressional Black Caucus KNOWS this. The CORRUPT DEM PARTY KNOWS this.

That's why the CORRUPT RACIST Congressional Black Caucus RULES the CORRUPT DEM PARTY.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom