• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hate Crimes Indeed

Rawlings

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
July 17, 2013
By Jeffrey T. Brown
American Thinker

. . . We are forever being told by the left about how awful this country is for anyone who is not white. Blacks are being gunned down in the streets by non-blacks. Except they're not. Muslims are being discriminated against wholesale, and are afraid to leave their homes. Except they're not. Gun owners are violent crazies bent on mass murder, except they're not. Christians are trying to force their religion on us. Except they're not. Tea Party members are racists and violent. I believe the Breitbart reward for evidence of the accusations of tea party racism remains unclaimed, even in this day of cell phone cameras and video.

. . . Once it started to become clear just what sort of young man Trayvon Martin had become in life, it became necessary to portray him with complete and utter dishonesty in death. Instead of being the fully grown 17 year old thug flashing the middle finger, or the trash-talking punk his social media entries show him to be, or the person caught with burglary tools and women's jewelry, or the dope-grower seen in photos, or the guy who punched a school bus driver, we were treated to an endless lie of Trayvon Martin, the sainted child who was only buying Skittles. His younger, angelic face was displayed incessantly, even after more recent photos and exploits surfaced, making clear the left's deceit. Trayvon Martin was not the person the left needed us to believe he was for their new and improved racist murder narrative. Isn't it ironic that Martin turned out to be exactly the kind of person Zimmerman feared was casing his neighborhood?

Read more: Articles: Hate Crimes Indeed

The best summary of this saga as perpetrated on America by the depraved political left.

Isn't it ironic that Martin turned out to be exactly the kind of person Zimmerman feared was casing his neighborhood?

Well, except that he wasn't casing the neighborhood and it wasn't Zimmerman's neighborhood....

Look, he was a thug. That doesn't mean Zimmerman was justified, and it doesn't mean he wasn't. Completely circumstantial to what happened.

It's an argument against a strawman. The right needs to stop and listen if they're going to argue with the left. Arguing against points that are only made by the cartoon version of liberals in your head is just silly.

Well, except that he wasn't casing the neighborhood and it wasn't Zimmerman's neighborhood....

Look, he was a thug. That doesn't mean Zimmerman was justified, and it doesn't mean he wasn't. Completely circumstantial to what happened.

It's an argument against a strawman. The right needs to stop and listen if they're going to argue with the left. Arguing against points that are only made by the cartoon version of liberals in your head is just silly.

What do you mean it wasn't Zimmerman's neighborhood?

He didn't " own " the neighborhood, but he had every right to keep a close eye on a area that he resided in that had experienced multiple break ins.

His Characterization on Martin ? Right on the money.

As it turned out, once we got the complete un-biased reports, Trayvon was heading down a dangerous path before this incident and whats sad is we're for some reason not allowed to have a relevent discussion about the corrupted hip hop sub-culture and it's effect or our Nations youth.

I didn't see a cartoon characterization of liberals in his post, I saw a honest description of what too many people subscribe to in this Country.

What do you mean it wasn't Zimmerman's neighborhood?

If I'm not mistaken, he didn't live there. Guess it depends on your definition of "neighborhood."

If I'm not mistaken, he didn't live there. Guess it depends on your definition of "neighborhood."

You're mistaken. He would head of the neighborhood's watch program. Where have you been?

As it turned out, once we got the complete un-biased reports, Trayvon was heading down a dangerous path before this incident and whats sad is we're for some reason not allowed to have a relevent discussion about the corrupted hip hop sub-culture and it's effect or our Nations youth.

When did we get complete unbiased reports? All I saw was biased one way or the other (as usual), and had to read between the lined to get any idea of what happened.

Yours is the stawman. It's as if you didn't read the article at all.

The author's point is that this was never a racial issue, and Martin was not an innocent mark.

Question: Who said anything about Zimmerman being justified to shoot Martin merely because the latter was a budding thug?

Answer: No one.

The left needs to stop lying about everything, incessantly twisting, distorting, mangling the facts and the actual essence of the observations of others. Despicable. Disgusting. Contemptuous. Insane.

Zimmerman was justified to shoot Martin because Martin, the thug, not the victim, stupidity and unnecessarily attacked Zimmerman, and Zimmerman believed that he would suffer serious bodily harm or death if he didn't shoot him. That's the law, rightly so the law, and the jury correctly decided the case. Indeed, Zimmerman never should have been tried in the first place.

I thought he lived in a different complex.

Zimmerman lived in that complex, and he founded the neighborhood watch there that he was the head of.

Leftist insanity in the face of the facts and the lies. . . .

There's absolutely no grounds for the Justice Department's action whatsoever. Holder knows he's not going anywhere with his noise, his political shenanigans.

It's clear that the prosecution failed to present any evidence whatsoever that a crime had been committed by Zimmerman. Any conviction at all, second degree murder or manslaughter, would have been a gross miscarriage of justice.

It's clear from the evidence: the only known indication of racism in this case is the racial slur uttered by Martin. Indeed, in that regard, the only expression uncontestedly laced with a potential threat of violence was uttered by Martin. Moreover, Zimmerman is known to have dated a black girl in high school, mentored neighborhood children, including black children, and even filed a complaint against a police officer in the past for his treatment of a black homeless man. Zimmerman is not an official law enforcement agent and there is no evidence of ill-will or of racial hatred on Zimmerman's part.

Clearly, the local authorities were right the first time. Zimmerman never should have been charged in the first place!

While tragic, Martin is dead today because he stupidity and unnecessarily confronted and apparently assaulted an armed man who had every reason in the world to be suspicious of his appearance and behavior on private property. Period.

While I don’t believe that even this administration will have the audacity to actually charge Zimmerman of a crime, its obvious political demagoguery is of the most depraved kind. This administration is the most intellectually and morally bankrupt in history. I loath it.

Moreover, contrary to what continues to be wrongfully reported/believed by some, Zimmerman did not intentionally or criminally disregard the instructions of the 911 operator!

First, the whole reason that the neighborhood watch group headed by Zimmerman had been formed among the residents of this association in the first place was due to a rash of burglaries that had been perpetrated against a number of homes in the community by members of a gang who dressed in the very same manner as that of Martin.

(I’m not saying that Martin was a member of the gang believed by the police to be responsible for these burglaries or that he was up to anything nefarious beyond what teenagers are sometimes wont to do: trespass private property in order to take a short cut. Although, given the truth about Martin, that apparently he had committed burglaries in the past, who knows?)

Zimmerman observed suspicious behavior. Zimmerman monitored and reported suspicious behavior . . . to the proper authority. Zimmerman initially “followed” Martin for some distance in a locked car and then on foot.

No crime here.

Martin called, not the police, but his girlfriend!, about some $#%#*@ cracker.

Unfortunately, Martin was not a very bright young man and quite obviously lived his life with a chip on his shoulder, for anyone with an IQ above that of a rash should have understood that his presence and behavior were subject to suspicion.

In any event, when informed that the police were on the way and that he should return to his vehicle, Zimmerman said, “Okay.”

Then the operator asked, “Where is he [Martin] now?”

Zimmerman didn’t know because Martin was now out of his line of sight. Zimmerman turned and briefly walked in the direction in which he had last seen Martin, got sight of him again, reported that and then headed back toward his car. In other words, there was an unintentional conflict of instruction here and an attempt to comply within the framework of that conflict.

We know from the forensic evidence, gun powder residue and the bullet’s trajectory for starters, that regardless of what transpired between the two after Zimmerman turned again and headed back toward his car, Zimmerman was on the ground face up with Martin on top of him when Martin was shot and killed.

We know from the testimony of an eyewitness that Martin was on top of Zimmerman, wailing on him.

Zimmerman’s injuries are consistent with what the forensic evidence shows and with what the eyewitness observed.

So what else is there to this case. (1) Martin’s parents claim that the voice crying out for help was that of their son, while the parents of Zimmerman claim that the voice was that of their son. Conflict. (2) Martin is not alive to rebut Zimmerman’s claim that Martin emerged from a bush after Zimmerman turned back toward his car, asked him what his problem was and then attacked him, leading with a fist in the nose that toppled Zimmerman.

I believe Zimmerman’s account of the physical encounter that lead to Martin’s death. I believe Zimmerman was justified to pull the trigger. With regard to the distressed voice heard over Zimmerman’s phone crying out for help: I don’t believe Martin’s parents. Clearly, the jury believes Zimmerman too. End of case.

The only persons guilty of racism and misconduct of any kind in this instance are the elitist fiends of secular progressivism, black racists and useful idiots.

L

The only persons guilty of racism and misconduct of any kind in this instance are the elitist fiends of secular progressivism, black racists and useful idiots.

Wow, 6 whole posts into your career and we know that you're a hyperpartisan idiot. Good job.

When did we get complete unbiased
reports? All I saw was biased one way or the other (as usual), and had to read between the lined to get any idea of what happened.

I said ONCE we recieved the unbiased reports, which would be the information related to his past disciplinary issues, his twitter post and pics and the results of the trial.

If your'e not absolutely positive about the direction he was heading in then by now then then there is nothing I can do for you.

Wow, 6 whole posts into your career and we know that you're a hyperpartisan idiot. Good job.

Wow! More ugly, irrational talk from the left in the face of truth.

Why do you call me an idiot?

My facts are right; my logic is sound.

More truth about the political left. . . .

Read more: Blog: 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and the George Zimmerman trial

More disgusting hypocrisy and duplicity from the left. . . .

Hillary Addresses Zimmerman Verdict 'Heartache': http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/16/Hillary-Comments-on-Zimmerman-Acquittal

Leftist bigots and barbarians. . . .

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...iolence-Los-Angeles-man-beaten-because-latino

Last edited:
Are there are no conservative bigots or racists? Have none leaning to the right been hypocritical or downright stupid? This works both ways, you know. A one-sided, blatantly biased argument will get you absolutely nowhere.

That said, the ignorance created and perpetuated by the media regarding the two-party system is sickening. It splits Americans down the middle, with the majority overall believing that no party but Republicans and Democrats are worth existing in politics and that to vote for a third party is a waste of a vote. All this does is cement the positions of those already in power while the media, as always, pulls things out of its ass like the Zimmerman case.

Tell me, what is so special about the Zimmerman case? This stuff happens every day. Why is it Zimmerman and not Dorner? Dorner was burned alive when police intentionally set fire to the house he was in. Regardless of the circumstances, where is the outrage? What about the rest of the uncountable police brutality cases in the nation? What about the important things? What about the unrest spreading inexorably through country after country?

But no, the Zimmerman case is far more important to everyone's futures than any and all other "news" stories. This entire thing is a non-issue fabricated by the media for God knows what reason.

Are there are no conservative bigots or racists? Have none leaning to the right been hypocritical or downright stupid? This works both ways, you know. A one-sided, blatantly biased argument will get you absolutely nowhere.

Nonsense. This incident was never a matter of racism. Fact. Conservatives did not make it a matter of racism, leftists did. Fact. There is nothing biased about my observation, blatant or otherwise. Fact.

Martin is dead today because he stupidly and unnecessarily attacked an armed man. Period. The rest is just a bunch of silly and dangerous blather of liars and loons.

First of all, the first part was not directed at this specific incident.

Secondly, the Media made it a matter of public interest, racism, and general distraction from reality. It's a tragedy when someone dies. People die in violence practically every day in the city I'm from. But the media attention to this entirely random case is clearly ridiculous.

It doesn't even matter what Zimmerman or Martin did because it's entirely irrelevant to issues that are actually important to the future of America.

First of all, the first part was not directed at this specific incident.

Secondly, the Media made it a matter of public interest, racism, and general distraction from reality. It's a tragedy when someone dies. People die in violence practically every day in the city I'm from. But the media attention to this entirely random case is clearly ridiculous.

It doesn't even matter what Zimmerman or Martin did because it's entirely irrelevant to issues that are actually important to the future of America.

The media? No. The leftist media (including ABC, MSNBC, CNN . . .), leftist academia, the current administration and the usual suspects of race-baiting pimpdom perpetrated this circus with an agenda in mind.

Of course it's ridiculous, but more than that, it's depraved and tyrannical. The author of the article cited in the leading post tells who did it and why.

To say this story has nothing to do with America's future, to imply that the sane should just let the depraved left define it. . . .

What are you talking about?

The left's agenda, among other things, immediate and far-reaching, is to undermine the right of self-defense relative to the construct of classical liberalism.

Back
Top Bottom