• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hate crime cover up white man killed by black men in Memphis[W:23]

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I mean the police are just as right as the family about why.

I have some experience with the families of crime victims and, for obvious reasons, they're not the most reliable when it comes to why or even how their family member was victimized. For example, no matter if their kin was killed in a car wreck, they'll still see it as a murder. I'm not saying they're wrong in this instance, but I don't know enough to say that they're right either.

Why isn't all this crap in the Zimmerman/Martin Forum?? The inmates have escaped and are spreading their feces all everywhere, searching for "black man kills white man, let's all talk about Z/M instead!"

Blech.

Why isn't all this crap in the Zimmerman/Martin Forum?? The inmates have escaped and are spreading their feces all everywhere, searching for "black man kills white man, let's all talk about Z/M instead!"

Blech.

This is not about Z/M. This is about hate crimes being perpetrated by black men against white men and the lack of outrage. Also the lack of hate crimes charges because for some reason blacks are never charged of hate crimes.

Blech.

Indeed. Notice how no one is assuming that it is a revenge killing over any other racially questionable killings that take place every single day.

This is not about Z/M. This is about hate crimes being perpetrated by black men against white men and the lack of outrage. Also the lack of hate crimes charges because for some reason blacks are never charged of hate crimes.

Yeah. It is about Z/M. From your OP.

Trayvon Martin revenge killing in Memphis covered up?

It's about Trayvon Martin just like the deaths of an 89 yr old beating victim and an Australian jogger have been all about Trayvon Martin. Denying it is nothing more than a cop out and an excuse.

I so luv me folks ranting on and on about hate crimes when they really know nothing about the crime that was committed.

Police say Mario Patterson, Dondre Johnson and Jerrica Norflett admitted to the crime. Thirteen minutes after the shooting police arrested the trio at Foote Homes public housing just over a mile away from the scene of the crime. Investigators say Norfleet was driving the Gray Pontiac Grand Am, and Patterson and Johnson got out of the car and tried to rob Santucci.

Read more: Family, friends grieve loss of murdered nurse - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Notice a couple of items in that one paragraph? The killers were arrested within THIRTEEN MINUTES of killing Mr Santucci. They tried to rob his body but for some reason were unsuccessful. Gee - do you think it might have been because there were other people in the immediate vicinity?

Jim Davila manages the Rumba Room just down the street from where Santucci was shot, and was outside smoking with a few others when the crime occurred.

"Heard a big bang, shot," he said. "Being in the bar business, you've had situations, but never anything like this – this is an absolute tragedy"

I think it is absolutely freakin' hilarious that those who are trying to put a "Hate Crime" label on a vicious but non racially-motivated crime are getting their 'information' from the Washington Times. Just shows they know nothing about their newspaper and its ownership.

I think it is absolutely freakin' hilarious that those who are trying to put a "Hate Crime" label on a vicious but non racially-motivated crime are getting their 'information' from the Washington Times. Just shows they know nothing about their newspaper and its ownership.

Whether this one was racially motivated or not is irrelevant, he has a point. There are black on white racially charged murders all the time, yet we aren't seeing any racially charged trials dragged out for a year in the media with white people rioting in the streets.

There's clearly a double standard.

You folks do know that Memphis has like 3 times the national average crime rate dontcha? :sigh:

I don't think you understand the point of hate crime legislation. It's not about how you feel about the person you kill. It's about power. It's about making it not okay for majority and privileged people to get away with violence against minority and disempowered people. It's because normal laws don't seem to protect people without friends to back them up. It's because juries tend to acquit people who kill black people. It's not about special consideration for any situation where there are racial tensions. It's about putting a little power on the side without power, to tip the scales a little closer to even.

But like many privileged people, you don't recognize your own privilege, and think that losing it is discrimination.

I don't think you understand the point of hate crime legislation. It's not about how you feel about the person you kill. It's about power. It's about making it not okay for majority and privileged people to get away with violence against minority and disempowered people. It's because normal laws don't seem to protect people without friends to back them up. It's because juries tend to acquit people who kill black people. It's not about special consideration for any situation where there are racial tensions. It's about putting a little power on the side without power, to tip the scales a little closer to even.

But like many privileged people, you don't recognize your own privilege, and think that losing it is discrimination.

Sorry, that's so far away from accurate, it seems incredible to even contemplate. What an absolutely preposterous post. One law for whites and a different law for blacks and Blacks get to kill the hated whites just to balance the power a little bit. Damn.

Last edited:
I don't think you understand the point of hate crime legislation. It's not about how you feel about the person you kill. It's about power. It's about making it not okay for majority and privileged people to get away with violence against minority and disempowered people.

That is nonsense. Hate crime laws apply as much to blacks who commit race-based crimes as to whites who commit such crimes. More than 16% of all hate crimes based on race are committed by blacks

Really? Do you want to stand by that statement or back away from it when you have the chance? "Blacks are never charged with hate crimes" is google blocked in your house or something?

Not every crime involving people from two difference races is a hate crime.

David Santucci was murdered by three black men in Memphis recently. Police are calling it a robery but Mr Santucci still had his bill fold keys and cell phone when police found him shot through the heart. The victims family believe it was a revenge for Travon Martin murder and is a hate crime. However, they must be wrong because black men can not commit hate crimes, right?

Trayvon Martin revenge killing in Memphis covered up? Victim's family question police account - Washington Times

This is another example of irresponsible journalism. The story has no information in it to support that inflammatory and dangerous headline. If you are one of those guys who screams about how the left just "fans the fire" and inserts race where it does not belong...you may want to rethink posting tripe like this.

According to FBI stats... blacks are victims of racial bias hate crime more than all the other races put together. For those stats to change you're going to need a lot more than just a few articles exploiting the aftermath of the Z/M case.

"...Among the single-bias hate crime incidents in 2010, there were 3,949 victims of racially motivated hate crime. A closer examination of these victim data showed that:

70.0 percent were victims of an offender’s anti-black bias.

■ 17.7 percent were victims of an anti-white bias.

■ 5.1 percent were victims of an anti-Asian/Pacific Islander bias.

■ 1.2 percent were victims of an anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native bias.

■ 6.0 percent were victims of a bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group)..."

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

David Santucci was murdered by three black men in Memphis recently. Police are calling it a robery but Mr Santucci still had his bill fold keys and cell phone when police found him shot through the heart. The victims family believe it was a revenge for Travon Martin murder and is a hate crime. However, they must be wrong because black men can not commit hate crimes, right?

Trayvon Martin revenge killing in Memphis covered up? Victim's family question police account - Washington Times

Hate crimes do need some proof. Just because it is black on white does not make it a hate crime. They do have to have some proof to bring charges in regards to that. Also certain hate crime legislation has to do with civil penalties which would be done later by the families of those involved. I am not terribly bothered if they want to toss hate crime charges in there, it might be a big waste of time. First off the article seems to be quoting an interview in noted race baiting opinion site called "The Blaze" which should set off alarms in your head. Second the person claiming hate crime was not a witness, and his only evidence was a facebook page he claims existed? You have to do some things for it to be a hate crime, and we have no evidence of any of that. Even having a Treyvon page does not say this was a hate crime. The guy could have fled a rovbbery simply because he saw someone coming on the scene. You have no clue whatsoever how hate crime legislation works, and you really should get one. I have no problem with them finding the shooter and charging him with murder as per the law, but if that is all the so called evidence you have of a hate crime you are just race baiting with all of this. That would not stand up in court, even one as corrupt and often wrong and racist as texas. Trust me, you do not want to start lowering the bar for hate crimes with terrible precedent like this.

According to FBI stats... blacks are victims of racial bias hate crime more than all the other races put together. For those stats to change you're going to need a lot more than just a few articles exploiting the aftermath of the Z/M case.

"...Among the single-bias hate crime incidents in 2010, there were 3,949 victims of racially motivated hate crime. A closer examination of these victim data showed that:

70.0 percent were victims of an offender’s anti-black bias.

■ 17.7 percent were victims of an anti-white bias.

■ 5.1 percent were victims of an anti-Asian/Pacific Islander bias.

■ 1.2 percent were victims of an anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native bias.

■ 6.0 percent were victims of a bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group)..."

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

According to those stats, more than 82% of all murders of whites were committed by other whites.

So yeah, let's blame black people :roll:

According to those stats, more than 82% of all murders of whites were committed by other whites.

So yeah, let's blame black people :roll:

Yes, that is one glaring statistic that whites just don't want to admit.

Sorry, don't trust the FBI's stats. First I don't believe they are honestly reported and second I believe the FBI engineers them to fit the script. Even the FBI was fixing Zimmerman as "white" during that fiasco. In fact they're probably still reporting it as white racial bias against black event in their stats.

Sorry, don't trust the FBI's stats. First I don't believe they are honestly reported and second I believe the FBI engineers them to fit the script. Even the FBI was fixing Zimmerman as "white" during that fiasco. In fact they're probably still reporting it as white racial bias against black event in their stats.

So tell us - where do YOU get the 'real' facts?

However, they must be wrong because black men can not commit hate crimes, right?

That's an incredibly stupid opinion you have there, and you should probably be ashamed of yourself.

Moderator's Warning:
Personal attacks will result in infractions. Best idea is to stick to the topic.

Back
Top Bottom