• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hastert asks court to spare him prison; cites shame, health

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
CHICAGO (AP) — Dennis Hastert's lawyers asked a federal judge Wednesday to spare the former U.S. House Speaker time behind bars in his hush-money case and sentence him to probation, saying the 74-year-old has already paid a steep price in shame and disgrace.

Give Dennis Hastert a break? Um, he was a fine upstanding moral citizen. All he ever did was to sexually abuse 4 young boys, and got caught paying hush money to shut one of them up, all while attempting to pass a constitutional amendment barring gay marriage.

And now he whines about being shamed and in poor health, and that this should be punishment enough? But what about the shattered lives of the 4 young boys he molested? Don't they mean anything to him?

Let the asshole pedophile rot, and let his cell mate be Bubba the Butt Bandit. See how HE likes it.

Article is here.

Give Dennis Hastert a break? Um, he was a fine upstanding moral citizen. All he ever did was to sexually abuse 4 young boys, and got caught paying hush money to shut one of them up, all while attempting to pass a constitutional amendment barring gay marriage.

And now he whines about being shamed and in poor health, and that this should be punishment enough? But what about the shattered lives of the 4 young boys he molested? Don't they mean anything to him?

Let the asshole pedophile rot, and let his cell mate be Bubba the Butt Bandit. See how HE likes it.

Article is here.

Ya gotta luv those cons with those high moral standards. What's Mr. wide stance doing now besides picking up gay men in public bathrooms?

Article is here.

Cant disagree. Hastert deserves punishment.

Article is here.
Amen, brother!

Not to speak of the huge diversion of funds! Where they taxpayer's? Supporters? The Party's? I'd sure like to know!

My ex wife dated Dennis Hastert's son. When I found out, we didn't last much longer. She's a extreme right wing wacko anyways.

I'm saving my sympathy for Hastert's victims.

Ya gotta luv those cons with those high moral standards. What's Mr. wide stance doing now besides picking up gay men in public bathrooms?

Hey look, it only took one post for someone to try and equate the acts of one person with a whole group of people.

Article is here.

Yeah, absolutely no breaks for a child molester. Go to prison and stay there.

My ex wife dated Dennis Hastert's son. When I found out, we didn't last much longer. She's a extreme right wing wacko anyways.

You do realize this story doesn't really speak well of you?

Hey look, it only took one post for someone to try and equate the acts of one person with a whole group of people.

If it was only just one life would be grand. I do so love me them high moral values.

I love seeing a wimpy man grovel.

Your point might have some validity if it was an ordinary citizen but that is not the case. 2 steps away from the presidency and a triple leader. Clearly not an ordinary citizen.

If it was only just one life would be grand. I do so love me them high moral values.

Soooo, if only Hastert had been a vocal proponent of child rape he'd be fine? :roll:

Your point might have some validity if it was an ordinary citizen but that is not the case. 2 steps away from the presidency and a triple leader. Clearly not an ordinary citizen.

Don't try that BS reverse gear, Hari. You tried to make a larger point about conservatives based on the actions of one person. You tried t make a stupid, bigoted point and got caught.

Soooo, if only Hastert had been a vocal proponent of child rape he'd be fine? :roll:

Um no. Not sure how you came to that conclusion but it figures. Let me help as you seem to need it. You claimed I was comparing 1 individuals actions to a larger subset. I said if it was only 1 life would be grand, meaning if it was only Hastert the pedophile then you would be correct. However the hypocrisy extends much farther for the holier than though cons. Like senator wide stance or Henry Hyde and his infidelity or Bob Barr and the disgrace of a domestic situation he was involved in. Repukes claim to have higher moral standards but it really is bull****. They are not better than anyone else and hypocrites for claiming otherwise. I hope this helps. In addition as I mentioned Hastert was a very powerful and influential repuke. A fine representative of a con if I ever saw one.

Don't try that BS reverse gear, Hari. You tried to make a larger point about conservatives based on the actions of one person. You tried t make a stupid, bigoted point and got caught.

Got caught at nothing. You have an issue with criticism as I guess it hits home. Too bad!

Take your punishment like a man, Denny.

Don't want to do the time? Don't do the crime.

Article is here.

The statute of limitations on the original crimes* expired long ago. He is currently being sentenced for technical financial violations. I don't see probation as being an unreasonable sentence for the crimes he's currently being prosecuted for.

*Of which I take an extremely strong stance on. I support the death penalty for people who do things like that, but the statute of limitations exists for a reason.

Take your punishment like a man, Denny.

Don't want to do the time? Don't do the crime.

Hastert was a pretty strong 'law and order' kinda guy, from what I remember. Long sentences, none of this librul pampering prisoners in prison with 'food' and 'human contact'!

But that probably excluded old white guys who were closet gay pedophiles. Or maybe just old white guys generally.

Article is here.

He hasn't exactly been a compassionate, sympathetic person to other people, has he? A classic "let them eat cake" Republican, who was unethical and dishonest....and it was obvious. He also lived with a man (Oh, I mean had a "roommie") for years. This is probably no surprise to those who knew him personally. Now HE wants compassion, sympathy, and mercy? When did he ever show that or give that to others?

The statute of limitations on the original crimes* expired long ago. He is currently being sentenced for technical financial violations. I don't see probation as being an unreasonable sentence for the crimes he's currently being prosecuted for.

*Of which I take an extremely strong stance on. I support the death penalty for people who do things like that, but the statute of limitations exists for a reason.

Why do we have statue of limitations on crime such as these? It isn't like the victims of these crimes have all forgotten about being abused by a sick pervert.

Hell, bring back barbed wire enemas for scum like this.

I disagree. Paying out hush money to cover up a crime is a felony, and the statute of limitations did not expire on that one. Let the pervert do his time. Considering the pattern of Hastert's behavior, I am sure that sentencing guidelines call for prison. He should get the maximum sentence for the crime he was convicted of.

Um no. Not sure how you came to that conclusion but it figures. Let me help as you seem to need it. You claimed I was comparing 1 individuals actions to a larger subset. I said if it was only 1 life would be grand, meaning if it was only Hastert the pedophile then you would be correct. However the hypocrisy extends much farther for the holier than though cons. Like senator wide stance or Henry Hyde and his infidelity or Bob Barr and the disgrace of a domestic situation he was involved in. Repukes claim to have higher moral standards but it really is bull****. They are not better than anyone else and hypocrites for claiming otherwise. I hope this helps. In addition as I mentioned Hastert was a very powerful and influential repuke. A fine representative of a con if I ever saw one.

Don't forget Vitter the diapher boy or Gingrich and others that were chastising Bill Clinton when they were sleazebags too.

What reason is that? Does the time that passed make the crime less egregious?

Back
Top Bottom