• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has your sexuality changed?

Has your sexuality changed?

• Yes

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 71.9%

• Total voters
I'm definitely more attracted to females than males. Many of the traits of guys just disgust the **** out of me. Not to mention, guys aren't really up to snuff on keeping good hygiene...at least the guys around here aren't. I've found that the guys that I've been attracted to were far more feminine than masculine regardless.

They're all around you, man. If you've never found one you're attracted to yet, it's probably never going to happen.
I'm not against the idea of kissing or sleeping with a guy, I've just never found one I'd be eager to indulge in.

I think part of it is I tend to take a person's personality into account when determining if they're attractive or not and I find almost all men insufferable.

The smell.

You know, if they could just bottle pheromones. The person who did it would be a millionaire. LOL

There have been a few people that I *know* that's what made my body go into some super-mega-instant heat for them. The smell. Even if I didn't consciously detect some great scent, I still think it was olfactory that initiated the insta-lust.

I have one ex that I just LOVED the way he smelled. I couldn't get enough of it. I was insta-attracted to him too.

No, I don't believe my sexuality has ever changed. I have always liked women and the same body shape as far back as puberty.

I feel like a hermaphrodite trapped in a mans body:cuckoo:

Nope. Pretty much the same all along that I can remember.

Love the babes! Skinny, long legs. Like Oscar I've been with all varieties of race, however, never really been with a fat chick. Doh!!! :) Although there was this one time at band camp.. LOL

Just kidding!

Oh, I will say though that, my tastes have changed somewhat. I Do like them much younger than me. Women my age are usually unattractive now. My fiancee' is 17 years younger than me, and that's just about right.

Tim-

I change mine every couple of months.

It's a fun thing to do.

I didn't start to feel seriously attracted to men until a few years into puberty, even though in hindsight I could've seen it coming. I was into women as soon as my brain got the first dose of teenage hormones.

Since then, I've never been just one way or the other, even though my "lean" will change from time to time.

I guess I'm very different, then. It's the voice that lures me. I can't stand most female voices and some male voices...they grate on my nerves. But there's little I won't do for the right male voice whispering in my ear: it's trance-inducing.

The male appendage? Very useful but very very funny! It's an alien thing. It's like when he undoes the zipper, as the joke goes, a drunk falls out the car door. It's a two headed one armed octopus. It's still difficult not to burst out laffing.

There have been women interested in me who've pursued me relentlessly, but I never could muster up the gumption. Although I'm way over on the hetero scale, I do understand orientations and attractions intellectually, and I purposely refuse to be bigoted. I approve and am not missing out on anything, so it's all good. Love whomever well and often, but make careful, informed lifestyle choices when hating.

Regards from Rosie

Ok, wow...guess I need to amend my previous post here.
I had said that I didn't want a relationship with another man. Well folks, I'm here to stand accused of speaking too soon.
Just when you think you got it all figured out, life throws a monkey wrench into the works just to see how well you adjust...and laughs!

Recently my partner and I welcomed a new roommate into our home. Granted, this roommate wasn't new to me, he was a past lover of mine...but one whom my partner had only known via stories I'd told her of our complicated and disjointed relationship in the past tense. Honestly, I'd never actually "dated" this guy, we have been "FWB" for what seems like a lifetime...on and off. We met decades ago, just after high school. We hung out a bit here and there, played around some, and went about our own lives. He went into the Army, I went into the Navy and we had very similar life experiences around the same points in our lives. Off and on again, through all this, our paths would cross and we'd find ourselves in bed with each other. It became a bit of a laughable thing as we knew this was going to be the case anytime we met up again...and it always did.
So, when he contacted me again, after what seemed years of almost not communication of any real meaning, and said he needed to move from where he was due to health issues...my partner actually was the one who piped up and offered our spare room. I think she did so not thinking he'd actually take us up on our offer.
After many lengthy conversations between he and I as well as my partner and I, he eventually agreed to come move in with us.
And yes, he and I wound up in bed together...as per usual.
And yes, this was discussed at length with my partner BEFORE hand.
You see, she's always been the one who was open to a poly relationship, it was me who was opposed to it for the most part. My excuse was that I'm selfish. I don't like to share.
Which, by and large is true.
But having "Andy" move in with us has changed everything I previously assumed about my ability to love more than one person at a time.

No, my sexuality hasn't changed, but my personal awareness of my abilities have...and no, I still don't share!

My partner is a lesbian...100%, no men. So having "Andy" here kind of guarantees my own selfishness.
Should I feel guilty here?
I don't think so.

Who cares? It's not like you entered the relationship under the guise of fidelity. What changed? That she can't share your toy?

Relationships only fail to work when one wants something drastically different than the other. Other than a penis, the crux of the situation is still the same.

Congrats, Justine! It sounds like your relationship situation had the air of inevitability to it. Wishing all of you decades of happiness!

Regards from Rosie

Congrats, Justine! It sounds like your relationship situation had the air of inevitability to it. Wishing all of you decades of happiness!

Regards from Rosie

Thanks sweetie, we'll see what happens. Honestly I'm not seeing this as a permanent situation with "Andy." That's just how he is...a rolling stone, a shark, always on the move. It's his nature and something I not only accepted but have learned to expect from him. It's also something I love about him.

Back
Top Bottom