• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has your dog had a 'Lassie Moment'?

MyOwnDrum

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The neighbor told me yesterday that my border collie/aussie mix had a "Lassie Moment". The other neighbor's malamute, who is kept chained at home, or goes to work with his owner, was on his chain, and slipped down the steep bank by his doghouse and was dangling from the chain unable to climb up. My dog, who goes to visit him, ran to the back door of their house and barked and barked until they came to the door, then led them to their dog in distress, who would have chocked to death on his collar.

Cool, huh? :) I'm proud of my great dog!!!

The neighbor told me yesterday that my border collie/aussie mix had a "Lassie Moment". The other neighbor's malamute, who is kept chained at home, or goes to work with his owner, was on his chain, and slipped down the steep bank by his doghouse and was dangling from the chain unable to climb up. My dog, who goes to visit him, ran to the back door of their house and barked and barked until they came to the door, then led them to their dog in distress, who would have chocked to death on his collar.

wow...very cool.

A cat in that situation would have been gazing at the other cat while it's choking to death, while licking its own balls.

A cat in that situation would have been gazing at the other cat while it's choking to death, while licking its own balls.

a) Who chains their cat outside?
b) Cats don't fall. They just don't.

My Rott mix lets me know when the smaller dog gets out of our yard.

Similar sort of thing happened in my family. We had a couple of Pekingese when I was a kid in Texas. Because it was so hot and muggy, the dogs would sleep on these wrought iron chairs and tables we had on the patio (air flow is everything, baby!). One night, one of the dogs jumped down from the table and got its collar tags caught in the loops of the table. The other dog created a ruckus and woke my parents in time to save the first dog from choking to death.

Good doggie!

Yeah my dog notifies me every time when something larger than a gnat crosses the window. Unless a robber is a gnat, then we can consider a lassie moment to be inevitable.

Back
Top Bottom