• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has Tulsi out smarted them all?

Hicup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I think even the dimwits on TV and the pundits will have to eventually admit what's going on with Biden is not good, any way you slice it, and I believe it's the reason Obama has not endorsed him yet. All the other candidates dropped out with sweatheart deals, (not that they would ever come to fruition) Gabbard checks a lot of boxes with the woke crowd. I know she has but a single delegate, but think about this. "When" Biden makes that one gaff that everyone knows isn't a gaffe, who will be left? Can she stay in long enough for that to happen? Wouldn't the moderate left have no choice but to support her?

My theory is that a lot of dimwits voters see what everyone else sees with Biden, and Gabbard will get some delegates next week, a LOT more. Will they throw their support at her? Will the money?

To be honest, very early on I stated right on this very forum that she was the ONLY one in the entire field I feared going up against Trump, I still feel that way, maybe the smart kids in the dimwit party aren't so smart after all. Not surprising actually, they've gotten it wrong a lot.

In all honesty, she's still a little to left for me, but she's likable and likability isn't something we've seen a dimwit or repblicanwit candidate in quite some time.

Thoughts?

Tim-

Very likely the reason Obama has not yet endorsed Biden, is that Biden is getting all the benefit of it all the time - no one doubts Obama supports him - while an endorsement would be one day event, done, and could even backfire and weaken the value of it, putting his finger on the scale in the primary, creating sympathy for Bernie. Obama gets to look 'fair' while he can help Biden behind the scenes.

Very likely the reason Obama has not yet endorsed Biden, is that Biden is getting all the benefit of it all the time - no one doubts Obama supports him - while an endorsement would be one day event, done, and could even backfire and weaken the value of it, putting his finger on the scale in the primary, creating sympathy for Bernie. Obama gets to look 'fair' while he can help Biden behind the scenes.

I understand that argument and it makes sense, but something else I suspect might be going on. He was his VP for 8 freaking years.. An endorsement should have been automatic.

Tim-

I think even the dimwits on TV and the pundits will have to eventually admit what's going on with Biden is not good, any way you slice it, and I believe it's the reason Obama has not endorsed him yet. All the other candidates dropped out with sweatheart deals, (not that they would ever come to fruition) Gabbard checks a lot of boxes with the woke crowd. I know she has but a single delegate, but think about this. "When" Biden makes that one gaff that everyone knows isn't a gaffe, who will be left? Can she stay in long enough for that to happen? Wouldn't the moderate left have no choice but to support her?

My theory is that a lot of dimwits voters see what everyone else sees with Biden, and Gabbard will get some delegates next week, a LOT more. Will they throw their support at her? Will the money?

To be honest, very early on I stated right on this very forum that she was the ONLY one in the entire field I feared going up against Trump, I still feel that way, maybe the smart kids in the dimwit party aren't so smart after all. Not surprising actually, they've gotten it wrong a lot.

In all honesty, she's still a little to left for me, but she's likable and likability isn't something we've seen a dimwit or repblicanwit candidate in quite some time.

Thoughts?

Tim-
Reading your post reminds me of the old saying about how it’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool.

None of what you’ve said is, in any way, true or plausible.

Reading your post reminds me of the old saying about how it’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool.

So, too far out there, I'm assuming is what you're saying? Alright, you're on record, gotcha.

Tim-

None of what you’ve said is, in any way, true or plausible.

This is why I try not to engage the "very conservative" on this board. I slip up time to time but it's just better not to engage them.

Thoughts?

Tim-

My thought is she can't win and knows it so who is she taking votes away from? She'll declare for the other guy eventually but meanwhile she's helping Joe Blow by splitting John Doe's support.

I understand that argument and it makes sense, but something else I suspect might be going on. He was his VP for 8 freaking years.. An endorsement should have been automatic.

Tim-

No, there’s no reason to think that would be automatic.

Thoughts?

Tim-

I'm not convinced she wouldn't surrender the election to Trump.

Obama, will not endorse anyone until they have a clear nominee. that's the way they have always done it and should continue to do this.

I think even the dimwits on TV and the pundits will have to eventually admit what's going on with Biden is not good, any way you slice it, and I believe it's the reason Obama has not endorsed him yet. -

She has no delegates so I'm going to say no. Forgetting to file the campaign suspension paperwork is not winning.

Thoughts?

Tim-

Without scrolling to another post, I assume you will be asked why concern yourself with D matters.

No, there’s no reason to think that would be automatic.

It suggests that it would have been very early on, by throwing his support Biden's way early it would have propelled him and might not have even been close, but he's waiting, and I get you and others are saying and I tend to agree with that thought process, but what is he waiting for now? Cleary the establishment wants Biden, they made that very clear, so the Burn bros wouldn't have much to complain about if it came now. I dunno, I think we might see the donor class realize what we all see, and start throwing some money at Tulsi, enough to keep her around, and I bet dollar to donuts that she picks up quite a few delegates next week..

Tim-

There are some claiming Obama was orchestrating the 'everyone drop out and endorse Joe' plot. Maybe Obama doesn't want to make his presidency a main issue in the primaries. I think there's a tradition of former presidents not endorsing in the primary, but I'd have to check on VP's.

When Nixon ran after being Eisenhower's VP for 8 years, Eisenhower was asked what important decisions Nixon had played a role in, and he famously answered, 'give me a couple weeks and I might think of one.' Nixon lost.

It really hasn't come up that often. Nixon wasn't exactly a useful endorsement for Ford. Al Gore didn't really want Clinton's. Carter's wasn't that useful for Mondale. As the Washington Post reported, "Mondale rarely mentions Carter elsewhere in the country, but he rarely fails to invoke the former president's name when he campaigns [in Georgia]." That's about it.

Finally, I think Obama wants to play a unifying role in the general, and not alienate Bernie's voters they need if, sadly, Biden is nominated.

So, too far out there, I'm assuming is what you're saying? Alright, you're on record, gotcha.

Tim-

I’ll second the motion...

Without scrolling to another post, I assume you will be asked why concern yourself with D matters.

Because I like to look at things with an open mind when discussing politics, aren't we all politicos?

Tim-

It suggests that it would have been very early on, by throwing his support Biden's way early it would have propelled him and might not have even been close, but he's waiting, and I get you and others are saying and I tend to agree with that thought process, but what is he waiting for now? Cleary the establishment wants Biden, they made that very clear, so the Burn bros wouldn't have much to complain about if it came now. I dunno, I think we might see the donor class realize what we all see, and start throwing some money at Tulsi, enough to keep her around, and I bet dollar to donuts that she picks up quite a few delegates next week..

Tim-

When America has picked a Democratic nominee you can expect to see Obama doing the rounds to campaign for him.

Tim-
Can you name a former president who endorsed a candidate from their party before they were nominated?

Can you see the potential pitfall of a former president doing so?

Think about it.

My thought is she can't win and knows it so who is she taking votes away from? She'll declare for the other guy eventually but meanwhile she's helping Joe Blow by splitting John Doe's support.
I’m willing to wager that Gabbard's support of either candidate would yield negligible results.

Back
Top Bottom