• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has trump's racism divided the nation?

Has trump's racism divided the nation?

• Yes

Votes: 57 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 32.9%

• Total voters

99percenter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
There is no question that trump is a racist, but more then ever the nation seems divided because of racism. Trump has energized racists and in doing so has also energized the opposition. Its the KKK and neonazis vs blm and antifa. Trump has polarized the nation and has caused rioting during a pandemic. Both sides have turned violent. There is no middle ground. Is trump to blame?

There is no question that trump is a racist, but more then ever the nation seems divided because of racism. Trump has energized racists and in doing so has also energized the opposition. Its the KKK and neonazis vs blm and antifa. Trump has polarized the nation and has caused rioting during a pandemic. Both sides have turned violent. There is no middle ground. Is trump to blame?

Where is your proof he is a racist? Countless people who have known him and worked with him, both black and white have said this is nonsense. I'd say the democrats are racist. This constant cry of "white privelege" is racist. Wanting to blame someone for your problems that you can take steps to correct is stupid. Try this. Graduate high school, (make good grades), Don't get pregnant out of wedlock, when you graduate go get a full time job. (start with whatever one you can get and work to advance). This makes a huge difference in your life. Stop blaming others.

There is no question that trump is a racist,..

Thus ends any effort at a rational poll.

When you start out with a premise that is arguable, and thus not factual, then the poll is simply an echo chamber seeking support for one's confirmation bias.

It's like asking "is it a good thing that you've stopped beating your wife?" It presumes the premise "beating your wife" is established fact, and thus any answer other than "yes" is "immoral."

So I choose "other," as in I don't see Trump as racist so the question is moot.

I answered the poll before I read your non sensible post...egad your post is beyond the pale.

Thus ends any effort at a rational poll.

When you start out with a premise that is arguable, and thus not factual, then the poll is simply an echo chamber seeking support for one's confirmation bias.

It's like asking "is it a good thing that you've stopped beating your wife?" It presumes the premise "beating your wife" is established fact, and thus any answer other than "yes" is "immoral."

So I choose "other," as in I don't see Trump as racist so the question is moot.

The wording describing Trump as a racist could have been presented in a far better manner indeed. Unfortunately the wording as presented masks the fact.

Where is your proof he is a racist? Countless people who have known him and worked with him, both black and white have said this is nonsense. I'd say the democrats are racist. This constant cry of "white privelege" is racist. Wanting to blame someone for your problems that you can take steps to correct is stupid. Try this. Graduate high school, (make good grades), Don't get pregnant out of wedlock, when you graduate go get a full time job. (start with whatever one you can get and work to advance). This makes a huge difference in your life. Stop blaming others.

The "but I have black friends argument".

Why are you asking the question if you have already presumed guilt?

People are intentionally trying to derail this thread. It's about whether trumps racism caused the riots, not whether trump is a racist.

Arguing trump is not a racist would be like arguing Roy Moore is not a pedophile. You may make that argument, but doing so would involve ignoring mountains of evidence to the contrary.

People are intentionally trying to derail this thread. It's about whether trumps racism caused the riots, not whether trump is a racist.

Arguing trump is not a racist would be like arguing Roy Moore is not a pedophile. You may make that argument, but doing so would involve ignoring mountains of evidence to the contrary.

The riots are nothing to do with Trump!

What Trump has done is to allow the racists and deplorable to emerge from under their rock out come out in the light of day and pretend to be respectable. That is one of Trumps greatest sins.

What has shocked America is that we thought electing a black man president was a sign of progress and the significant decline of racism. We were wrong.

The "but I have black friends argument".

Joe Biden's staff have a lot of black friends. At least 13 Joe Biden staffers made donations to a radical
leftist group that is raising money for the looters and rioters in Minnesota. These so-called protests (riots)
are not protests. They are more like a Democrat Convention.

Herr Hitler had "Brown Shirts" Democrats have ANTIFA!

No

He just brought it out of the darkness into the light.

Those "Angry White Men" (deplorables) have always been racist. Now they have a president that supports their views.

Fact is Trump just used the Rush Limbaugh model, feed them the hatred bigotry and fear they crave, to gain their support in his journey to the white house. It is unwavering support too!

I have often wondered what trump truely believes and what is playing to his base. At this point I don't think even trump knows.

Yes, the racism has been there a long time, but Trump has deliberately encouraged it. He thrives on divide and controversy in general. He has managed to politicize a pandemic. Now he is attempting to blame the bad economic state, which is occurring in attempt to halt the virus (distancing recommended by his epidemic staff) on democrats. Everything he does is toward the goal of his re-election.

Nonsense.

There isn't a racist bone in Trump's body.

The media, the Dems, the Trump haters...now they are full of people who are eager to use the race card whenever they can.

Yes, Trump's racism has divided the nation, and now the racist right must be crushed.

Trump is not a racist. Nor has he divided the nation. It was already divided long before Trump came along.

Trump didn't bring the division. The division brought Trump.

Ive never seen or heard any evidence that President Trump is a racist ...

On the other hand.....if he is.....he's sure doing a good job of hiding it considering just how much he's done for the black communities since he came into office

Trump is not a racist. Nor has he divided the nation. It was already divided long before Trump came along.

Trump didn't bring the division. The division brought Trump.

Dont agree with the first sentence, but you might be right about the rest. Trump's election might just be america showing it true colors.

There's every question whether or not Trump is a racist.

Dont agree with the first sentence, but you might be right about the rest. Trump's election might just be america showing it true colors.

I don't know about "true colors", but people need to stop hating on each other so much for merely having a different political POV.

There's every question whether or not Trump is a racist.

Sure you can ignore all the racists comments he made and ignore that he has energized far right groups like KKK and neonazis. He also has in turn energized the far left with antifa and blm. I didn't even know what antifa was before trump's presidency. you cant give racists a platform and expect non racists not to fight back.

Back
Top Bottom