• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has Trump ruined the office of President?

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
For decades, centuries, we have honored the office of President. Americans have disagreed with the man (because it's always been a man) in office, but they still held a respect for the office. Because, for better or worse, people who have occupied the office have been fairly honorable people, as far as we can tell.

Until now.

Trump has debased the office. He has made it his own personal prize. I see no indication that Trump does anything to benefit the United States, he has only done what is best for his own personal interests.

We are no longer seen as a reliable ally to most of those who once called us "ally". Why? Because Trump has soiled our alliances. Not sure why. Seems it's personal with him.

I don't give any reverence to the office anymore. An impostor is occupying the WH, and his presence has tainted the office for many years to come.

If not forever.

Idiots ruined America.

You don’t think he does anything to benefit the United States?

He “Trolls the libs”.

What more benefit do you want?

No. It will be repaired.

yes

now we need an honorable man/woman to fix it yet again.

For decades, centuries, we have honored the office of President. Americans have disagreed with the man (because it's always been a man) in office, but they still held a respect for the office. Because, for better or worse, people who have occupied the office have been fairly honorable people, as far as we can tell.

Until now.

Trump has debased the office. He has made it his own personal prize. I see no indication that Trump does anything to benefit the United States, he has only done what is best for his own personal interests.

We are no longer seen as a reliable ally to most of those who once called us "ally". Why? Because Trump has soiled our alliances. Not sure why. Seems it's personal with him.

I don't give any reverence to the office anymore. An impostor is occupying the WH, and his presence has tainted the office for many years to come.

If not forever.

Idiots ruined America.

I couldn't agree with you more, all true.

Republicans elected a Reality T.V. Star who loves creating drama to the presidency, all to troll "the libs", and pay them back for the Obama presidency.

They got what they wanted, to everyone else's peril.

Until now.

If not forever.

Idiots ruined America.

The White House will have to be fumigated to be sure, but the damage isn't irreparable. I think our allies are curious to see if we fix our little white nationalist populist problem, but simply electing Biden isn't going to be enough because we'll have to demonstrate that the fundamental flaws in our electoral system aren't going to stick around to give us another Trump in four years.

Assuming that Democrats take the White House, the Senate and keep the House, three things will have to happen, or a Democratic victory will have been for naught:

1)Eliminate the legislative filibuster.

I don't need to go into detail here. We all know what will happen the instant the House passes a bill and it goes to the Senate.

2)Rebalance the courts.

So you've got your Democratic majority, the House has passed a bill, the Senate passed it and Biden has signed it. Perhaps you even wanted to pass HR1, the broad sweeping legislation that makes it easier for everyone to vote, regardless of race or class. Now watch as HR1 dies in the courts. Even worse, watching HR1 go through the courts will take years, after which you've lost the political capital and, possibly, your Democratic majority. Also, Trump wins a second term and craps on the country all over again, at which point his damage will probably be permanent. McConnell has packed the courts, which means if you don't add extra seats (or some other rebalancing measure), every single progressive bill, policy, executive order...you name it...dies in the courts.

3)Pass HR1. There's a lot in HR1, but here are the main points:

• Automatic voter registration
  • Online voter registration
  • Same day voter registration
  • Make election day a federal holiday
  • Voting rights restoration to people with prior felony convictions
  • Expand early voting and simplify absentee voting
  • Prohibit voter purges that kick eligible voters off the registration rolls
  • Enhance election security with increase support for a paper-based voting system and more oversight over election vendors
  • End partisan gerrymandering by established independent redistricting commissions
  • Prohibit providing false information about the elections process that discourage voting and other deceptive practices

While this doesn't address the problem of the Electoral College itself, it's still a harpoon into the heart of nearly every Republican operation in suppressing the vote.

At that point you can finally address the two largest issues in the United States: global warming and healthcare. But if you try putting global warming and healthcare before the others, you will fail. Badly.

And of course, Biden can rebuild the State Department, our Intelligence Community and our international alliances safe in the knowledge that Republicans aren't going to just blow it all up again in a couple years.

Until now.

If not forever.

Idiots ruined America.

I think he has ruined the elections for that office irreparably. They will stay very cutthroat nasty litigious affairs and foreign govts and political groups will try to 'negotiate' deals with our candidates for their support. If something is illegal to do here to win an election, its smarter to contract it out overseas to another intelligence agency where its a lot harder for the FBI or the Dept of Justice or the FEC to find the paper trail and get their hands on witnesses. The laws designed to protect us all from foreign interference might as well be deleted from the statutes because nobody will enforce them. It just makes sense to have China doctor some videos, or Saudia Arabia hack into some party files, or some international criminal front create a slush fund for a candidate. And each candidate will need to line up a foreign ally to do the dirty work and of course promise to nice treatment later.

Last edited:
I'm more curious to see how the Republican senate acts when or if the next Democratic President pulls even a tiny bit of crap that Trump has done. I suspect the double-standard will magically come into play. "OMG!...did you see what he did today?...James...pass..pass the vapers, I feel a faint coming on."

It's a sad thing to see people so butthurt that after four years they STILL can't accept the fact that a man was elected President and that a woman was defeated.

What will they do when that man wins another term?

Here's a sweet little saying, some pearls of wisdom;

822e8eb3127104ea75a43a691a1e90e8.jpg

Here's the Trump reality;

Trump-Bleachers-MEN.jpg

trump is not the problem. Plutocracy, and our elections being owned by money, are the problem. trump is a big blip, but a blip.

It's a sad thing to see people so butthurt that after four years they STILL can't accept the fact that a man was elected President and that a woman was defeated.

If that happens we'll know Trump was telling the truth when he said the election is rigged.

trump is not the problem. Plutocracy, and our elections being owned by money, are the problem. trump is a big blip, but a blip.

That's what the Duty Officer told the radar operator that saw the Enola Gay coming. "It's just a blip."

If that happens we'll know Trump was telling the truth when he said the election is rigged.

Well, there you go. You got all the butthurt bases covered.

++ Yeah, that’s why we are upset. The fact that he insulted women, Mexicans, Muslims immigrants and refugees, blacks, did not separate himself from his businesses, cozies up to dictators, insults democracies, has lied thousands of times, and was laughed at at the UN pales before our profound grief that our gal lost.

++ We’ll take Joe Hill’s advice as he faced execution, “don’t mourn, organize.“

++ We’ll take Joe Hill’s advice as he faced execution, “don’t mourn, organize.“

That's what you've been doing for four years. How's that working out for you?

You don’t think he does anything to benefit the United States?

He “Trolls the libs”.

What more benefit do you want?

Don't forget basking in the orange glow at the fear and hate rallies! They're so MAGA!:cool:

Once he's re-elected and he's cancelled the pandemic, he'll have to hold twice as many since he gets a redo election in 2024....

Everyone accepts that the corrupt phony won the election; what's hard to accept is that so many supposed fellow American's support grift, so long as they "get their way".:cool:

Oh I know, no "proof" I mean, what with Trump's solid gold ethical standards and reputation, it's easy to chalk up to liberal hate, just for no reason, totlly locical! yep, that's the ticket!:lamo

The stain of this humiliation will always be part of American history now but better men will come along and lift the office up out of the gutter.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Everyone accepts that the corrupt phony won the election; what's hard to accept is that so many supposed fellow American's support grift, so long as they "get their way".:cool:

Why is that so hard to accept?

Why, millions of Americans STILL accept the corrupt and illegal actions of the Obama administration...only because they approve of the results of those actions. Millions of Americans still approve of the corrupt House Dems and their nonsense impeachment scheme because they approve of the results of that scheme.

Hell, millions of Americans STILL lie about Trump at every turn because they approve of the chance to lie him out of Office.

Back
Top Bottom