• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has Trump denounced Putin yet?

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I haven't seen it. You?

Donnie can't very well do that.
If he did the gravy train would come to an end.

Eric Trump Reportedly Bragged About Access to $100 Million in Russian Money​

Eric Trump in 2014: 'We have all the funding we need out of Russia'​

How Russian Money Helped Save Trump’s Business​

Last edited:
He sort of did, but he's such a worthless, toxic waste of time, why bother to even quote him, especially when it means nothing more than what became the convenient thing to say, a lie like anything he says.

Well that was a stupid attempt at smearing someone.
There is no need for Trump to denounce Putin, because that would open up all former presidents to having to denounce any and all acts, by any and all persons that they've either known or been in correspondence with.

Then again, Trump's already said his peace about the Russian invasion, criticizing it and the such. So there really isn't much else to be mentioned here.

There is no need for Trump to denounce Putin, because that would open up all former presidents to having to denounce any and all acts, by any and all persons that they've either known or been in correspondence with.

Then again, Trump's already said his peace about the Russian invasion, criticizing it and the such. So there really isn't much else to be mentioned here.
He called the invasion a genius move.

He spent four years sucking up to Putin, even going so far as to believe Putin's word over that of his own intelligence agency that Russia meddled in the 2016 election. So yeah, I'd say he has a lot more cause than most former presidents to clarify his position on Putin the barbarian.

But in the end, no clarification is needed. We all know Trump admires authoritarian dictators and aspires to be one himself. He just picked the wrong country.

“Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force. … We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re going to keep the peace all right. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy … I know him very well. Very, very well.”

I haven't seen it. You?

Only in the way a fifth grader issues an oral apology in front of the class when forced to do so under threat of being sent to the Principal's office.
We've all heard the sing-songey monotone voice he uses when handed a written set of lines to read on camera that he doesn't really believe in.

Trump's statements regarding any error in Putin's ways and actions have only been made under duress or accidental momentary self-owning ramblings.

In the same conversation that he was criticizing it. So once again, just like with Charlottesville, you're choosing to hear only what you want to hear.

He spent four years sucking up to Putin, even going so far as to believe Putin's word over that of his own intelligence agency that Russia meddled in the 2016 election. So yeah, I'd say he has a lot more cause than most former presidents to clarify his position on Putin the barbarian.

But in the end, no clarification is needed. We all know Trump admires authoritarian dictators and aspires to be one himself. He just picked the wrong country.
Nothing more than the same hollow smears that people were forced to sit through, all throughout two elections and four years of a presidency.
All presidents are forced to play nice with such people and it's about time that you learn such, is the reality of the job.

We already gave them a chance to prove that Russia meddled in our election in 2016 and all they could come up with, was something around 50k in adds purchased on sites like Facebook. And even those targeted both candidates, not just one specific person.

All presidents are forced to play nice with such people and it's about time that you learn such, is the reality of the job.
That's baloney. Believing Putin over his own intelligence agency was unprecedented. Visiting Kim Jong Il and giving that piece of human filth credibility on the global stage was unprecedented. Telling Rodrigo Duterte he's doing a "great job" for having suspected drug dealers summarily executed without trial was unprecedented.

Those were not the actions of diplomacy, those were the actions of admiration.
We already gave them a chance to prove that Russia meddled in our election in 2016 and all they could come up with, was something around 50k in adds purchased on sites like Facebook. And even those targeted both candidates, not just one specific person.
The Mueller report is public record. You can read it if you'd like to be more informed.

I haven't seen it. You?
I have not seen it.
At CPAC he started praising Ukranians, but he avoided speaking ill of Putin.
I think he tried to downplay his calling him a genius by saying the problem is that our current president/leadership is so dumb, dumb, dumb.

Trump no doubt still wants Putin to be his new best friend.

The same way you supported tRump selling out the 🇺🇸 at Helsinki.

As for me, I’d level every military installation in Belarus and western Russia.

GO******s would be screaming 😱

But no other former leader has praised him or said he trusted him over his own intelligence community. So there is that.

Last edited:
then there is this recent effort to try to walk back his love affair with putin

Trump is enamored with Putin. He is Trump's idol.

That's baloney. Believing Putin over his own intelligence agency was unprecedented. Visiting Kim Jong Il and giving that piece of human filth credibility on the global stage was unprecedented. Telling Rodrigo Duterte he's doing a "great job" for having suspected drug dealers summarily executed without trial was unprecedented.

Those were not the actions of diplomacy, those were the actions of admiration.
Your opinion is noted, but when presidents do their job. Diplomacy is still something that they have to prepare for and Trump was no different then his last few predecessors.
The Mueller report is public record. You can read it if you'd like to be more informed.
So you're agreeing with me?
That's a nice change of pace to begin with, but you should no better than to shoot down your own argument.

The same way you supported tRump selling out the 🇺🇸 at Helsinki.

As for me, I’d level every military installation in Belarus and western Russia.

GO******s would be screaming 😱
:rolleyes: I wouldn't know what a GO***** is, nor do I really have any issue with Trump's actions at Helsinki.

The GOP will always switch positions on one stance or the other and even then, they do not have any sort of be all/end all power. So crying about them to such an extent as you are, is pretty much a wasted effort.

But no other former leader has praised him or said he trusted him over his own intelligence community. So there is that.
Yet he still treated him with much the same effort as any other president could be asked to do, save for Biden. And this was the same intelligence agency that got much of what was said about Russian interference, wrong.

I personally think it's funny. The majority of the far-left took such offense to Trump being a brash asshole, but him being nice also set them off on their own little tantrum.

I haven't seen it. You?
I don't see much value in further belaboring this point about the behavior of a loser like Trump. That level of vanity and ego does not allow for critical judgment. If Adolf Hitler praised Trump's hair, we all know what would come next.

"My friend Adolf gets no respect from the FAKE NEWS even though his ratings are higher than any of them, because they are scared of his powerful... look, Adolf and I are working very Strongly, and with great Strength and powerful... ... Strengthitude... to keep AOC from... and we call her New York Bimbo and nobody ever called her that until I did, and they said 'Sir,' because of great respect, they said 'Sir, AOC is such a tremendous New York Bimbo with Great Hate for Adolf' but I believe in Peace, I believe in the Powerful Strength of the peaceful President, still your Presidient by the way because they stole the election but we're not going to talk about that.... and I said 'live and let live...' because that's what I say, I'm a peaceful guy, so peaceful! But then the Radical Leftists, what do they want? Other than to take your guns? Maybe they want to give them to Hunter Biden's friends in Ukraine. I don't know. Maybe they don't. But maybe they do. Who knows what they, what Nancy Pelosi who showed me no respect, no respect, who knows what she plans to do with Sleepy Joe. So, we're gonna fight the Fake News and believe me, Adolf is going to get such great ratings, no one will ever believe what ratings we are going to get."

I don't see much value in further belaboring this point about the behavior of a loser like Trump. That level of vanity and ego does not allow for critical judgment. If Adolf Hitler praised Trump's hair, we all know what would come next.

"My friend Adolf gets no respect from the FAKE NEWS even though his ratings are higher than any of them, because they are scared of his powerful... look, Adolf and I are working very Strongly, and with great Strength and powerful... ... Strengthitude... to keep AOC from... and we call her New York Bimbo and nobody ever called her that until I did, and they said 'Sir,' because of great respect, they said 'Sir, AOC is such a tremendous New York Bimbo with Great Hate for Adolf' but I believe in Peace, I believe in the Powerful Strength of the peaceful President, still your Presidient by the way because they stole the election but we're not going to talk about that.... and I said 'live and let live...' because that's what I say, I'm a peaceful guy, so peaceful! But then the Radical Leftists, what do they want? Other than to take your guns? Maybe they want to give them to Hunter Biden's friends in Ukraine. I don't know. Maybe they don't. But maybe they do. Who knows what they, what Nancy Pelosi who showed me no respect, no respect, who knows what she plans to do with Sleepy Joe. So, we're gonna fight the Fake News and believe me, Adolf is going to get such great ratings, no one will ever believe what ratings we are going to get."
And spent all that time trying to claim that Trump was mentally unstable...

Though it was funny seeing that you'd even try to attempt saying Trump would call Hitler, of all people, a peaceful president... Guess you were still working in riot protection mode when you were thinking this up.

Your opinion is noted, but when presidents do their job. Diplomacy is still something that they have to prepare for and Trump was no different then his last few predecessors.
Respect and cordiality is one thing, but I don't consider fawning and admiring to be diplomacy.

So you're agreeing with me?
That's a nice change of pace to begin with, but you should no better than to shoot down your own argument.
Not sure how you got that impression. Mueller proved that Russia meddled in the 2016 election. You claimed the only evidence was Facebook posts which is inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom