• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has TLC lost their collective minds!?

TheGirlNextDoor


DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I just saw an ad on the military channel about a new show.

"Sarah Palin's Alaska"

An eight week long show? Really? Is anyone going to actually watch this and what do you think the motivation is to do a show like this? Other than making a quick buck....?

Thoughts?

'Sarah Palin's Alaska': the website

Published: November 2nd, 2010 01:09 PM
Last Modified: November 2nd, 2010 01:15 PM

Discovery Communications has launched the SPAlaska.com website to accompany the mid-November debut of "Sarah Palin's Alaska" on the TLC network. The site and series are billed as "a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn about, and experience for yourself, what life is really like in Alaska." The site features podcasts, social media links and blogs -- including a blog called "Not Taking Sides," which assures us that there's nothing inherently political about any of this.

'Sarah Palin's Alaska': the website: Alaska Newsreader | adn.com

"......nothing inherently political about any of this.... "

What a load.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Don't like it? Don't watch.

That being said, I think TLC needs to change their name. They're more like "Reality Show Channel", not "The Learning Channel".

That being said, I think TLC needs to change their name. They're more like "Reality Show Channel", not "The Learning Channel".

I don't like and I won't watch.

Who the hell will be watching.. that's what I'd like to know.

Regarding the channel itself.. it's like the History Channel being less and less about history and more and more about stupid shows like "Pawn Stars".

Last edited:

The house decorating midget channel!

Who the hell will be watching.. that's what I'd like to know.

People who like her? I'll probably watch the first episode just to see what it's like. If it's interesting, I'll keep watching. If not, I won't.

You forgot a couple...

The house-decorating, freak show-lovin', polygamist midget channel.

You left out the constantly pregnant show with 18 kids and counting.

TLC is not "The Learning Channel", nor has it been for years since they changed their name to the acronym in order to distance themselves from "learning" and their original programming focus. The rebranding has sucked IMO

TLC is not "The Learning Channel", nor has it been for years since they changed their name to the acronym in order to distance themselves from "learning" and their original programming focus. The rebranding has sucked IMO

Lurnin' ain't doin nobody nuthin

Popular person + tv show with no production costs = money.

This is the reason all reality shows exist, and it is the reason they will never go away.

Popular person + tv show with no production costs = money.

This is the reason all reality shows exist, and it is the reason they will never go away.

I hate 'reality' tv. Someone wants to see reallity, come to my house during bill paying week. :roll:

Ben Stein voice-over = Woohoo. Exciting. /Ben Stein voice-over

People who like her? I'll probably watch the first episode just to see what it's like. If it's interesting, I'll keep watching. If not, I won't.

I've seen the commercial. I want to see an episode as well.

Back
Top Bottom