• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has the Washington Post Turned on Obama?

'Objective' journalism is something Wapo is usually known for.

Last edited:
I think that is what is known as 'objective' journalism which is something Wapo is usually known for.

In many, no most, circumstances, that is correct. But when it comes to the Obama Administration, since he won the nomination before he was first elected in '08 (they were pro-Hillary during the primaries), WP has been more of the town crier for the Administration rather than an objective observer.

In many, no most, circumstances, that is correct. But when it comes to the Obama Administration, since he won the nomination before he was first elected in '08 (they were pro-Hillary during the primaries), WP has been more of the town crier for the Administration rather than an objective observer.

I don't think so. I think they've been fair and balanced.

I don't think so. I think they've been fair and balanced.

And I respect that opinion. I disagree of course, but respect your right to think that.

Not saying this is you; many people think that when their opinions or beliefs are echoed in a particular press outlet, that the outlet is fair and balanced.

Sorry but the writer seems to think we should blowing crap up instead. I totally disagree. The writer also apparently does not realize that if we cut off aid to Egypt, they very well might close the Suez Canal to us which would be a disaster.

WashPo is a newspaper chameleon, just like MSLSD's Chris Matthews.

Please, please don't compare WaPo to this TV man.

Jackson Diehl is the deputy editor of the Washington Post editorial page.

1. Obama's dangerous passivity on Egypt and Syria on display
    On Egypt and Syria, Obama's torpor endangers the region and U.S. interests.
    Jackson Diehl, The Washington Post AUG 15

I'm not sure what the import of this is, Jack. One man, one voice even though he's the deputy op/ed editor.

In addition to using the word "deign," which says a lot, and "persistent passivity," Diehl, fairly, says this:

"All presidents face the challenge of adapting to the problems they are presented with rather than those they expect. It could be argued that George W. Bush reacted to the attacks of Sept. 11 with a too-radical reshaping of his worldview and international ambitions. Obama’s response to the Arab revolutions has veered to the opposite extreme: a clinging to his overtaken priorities, coupled with a stubborn refusal to recognize that the Arab crises must be a top priority of his foreign policy."

I'm not sure what the import of this is, Jack. One man, one voice even though he's the deputy op/ed editor. In addition to using the word "deign," which says a lot, and "persistent passivity," Diehl, fairly, says this:

"All presidents face the challenge of adapting to the problems they are presented with rather than those they expect. It could be argued that George W. Bush reacted to the attacks of Sept. 11 with a too-radical reshaping of his worldview and international ambitions. Obama’s response to the Arab revolutions has veered to the opposite extreme: a clinging to his overtaken priorities, coupled with a stubborn refusal to recognize that the Arab crises must be a top priority of his foreign policy."

I'm a subscriber to the WaPo. For them, this is like flying the flag upside down.:eek:

Chameleons come in many shapes. I believe John McCain fits the bill. so does Chris Christie, the only real chance Repups have in 2016. Christie/NOOT 2016
Please, please don't compare WaPo to this TV man.

I'm a subscriber to the WaPo. For them, this is like flying the flag upside down.:eek:

I'm a subscriber too... and cynical. This may be a one-off. For all we know, there's a lotta angsting going on over there. :lol:

I'm sure Bezos is getting all kinds of advice......

"...Patrick Pexton, who served as The Washington Post's ombudsman until March of this year, has written an open letter to incoming Post owner Jeff Bezos in which he calls on him to make editorial page editor Fred Hiatt fire Jennifer Rubin, the paper's conservative columnist.

"Have Fred Hiatt, your editorial page editor — who I like, admire, and respect — fire opinion blogger Jennifer Rubin. Not because she’s conservative, but because she’s just plain bad," Pexton writes in the letter, which was published by Washington City Paper.....read..."

Ex-Washington Post ombudsman: 'Fire Jennifer Rubin' - POLITICO.com

I'm sure Bezos is getting all kinds of advice......

"...Patrick Pexton, who served as The Washington Post's ombudsman until March of this year, has written an open letter to incoming Post owner Jeff Bezos in which he calls on him to make editorial page editor Fred Hiatt fire Jennifer Rubin, the paper's conservative columnist.

"Have Fred Hiatt, your editorial page editor — who I like, admire, and respect — fire opinion blogger Jennifer Rubin. Not because she’s conservative, but because she’s just plain bad," Pexton writes in the letter, which was published by Washington City Paper.....read..."

Ex-Washington Post ombudsman: 'Fire Jennifer Rubin' - POLITICO.com

Rubin is one of the best at WaPo.

Back
Top Bottom