• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has the Republican Party lost its way?

The Right is going to HAVE to reach out to more groups to survive... That's why I think Republicans need to be more open to Libertarians. The group is growing in popularity and could help pull in a lot of independent voters.

All the "Right" needs to do is advocate for State rights relating to social issues and stop trying to propose them at a national level...

All the "Right" needs to do is advocate for State rights relating to social issues and stop trying to propose them at a national level...

That's what a lot of Conservative-Libertarians promote... It's not going to happen while we have so many, I don't know what to call them, traditionalists around.

Temporary problems in the short-term,
requiring a bit more cohesion, purpose, and the inevitable decline of their political foes.

I'm thinking the Democratic Party during the Bush administration, before 2006-2007.

You're using the party that sat in front of Republican chaired House committees and lied about the health of Fannie and Freddie as a example ?

The party that was protecting the criminals at Fannie and Freddie ?

This posted reference to what was said is so far out of touch and divorced from present reality, it seems incredibly naive. Perhaps agenda driven? Who the hell could say. SMH.

Perhaps if you want to be a person of the moment it sounds real, but to me it sounds rather naive."Some things never change" was what immediately came to mind.

You're using the party that sat in front of Republican chaired House committees and lied about the health of Fannie and Freddie as a example ?

The party that was protecting the criminals at Fannie and Freddie ?

Yes, I am using Democrats of that era as an example of the issues that Republicans are currently having with electoral success. I would also use the Democratic Party of the 1890s and the first decade of the 1900s.

Back
Top Bottom