• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has the GWoT ended?

Has the GWoT ended?

• Total voters

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
With respect:

Has the GWoT ended?

Who gives a shit? It was all just a cynical ploy to transfer the treasury to Raytheon and Halliburton.

"Terrorism" was and is the new "Communism", something that has some legitimate issues but is used for propaganda to get public support for any military policy. Oh, we're overthrowing democracy for greed and corruption? It's ok, it's anti-communism. Oh, we're supporting a war killing civilians? It's ok, it's anti-terrorism.

If people are confused, they can look how it's caught on. Putin justifies his murders as anti-terrorism. China justifies its oppression as anti-terrorism. Many other dictators all claim to be opposing terrorism. Israel of course use anti-terrorism a lot. When Finland and Sweden just asked to join NATO, Turkey opposed it until they agreed not to support - wait for it - "terrorist" Kurdish separatists.

"Terrorism" was and is the new "Communism", something that has some legitimate issues but is used for propaganda to get public support for any military policy. Oh, we're overthrowing democracy for greed and corruption? It's ok, it's anti-communism. Oh, we're supporting a war killing civilians? It's ok, it's anti-terrorism.

If people are confused, they can look how it's caught on. Putin justifies his murders as anti-terrorism. China justifies its oppression as anti-terrorism. Many other dictators all claim to be opposing terrorism. Israel of course use anti-terrorism a lot. When Finland and Sweden just asked to join NATO, Turkey opposed it until they agreed not to support - wait for it - "terrorist" Kurdish separatists.

With respect:

Those seem like excellent points.

Global Terrorism has taken a back seat to Global Inflation. Most folks worry about the things that impact us directly.

Hopefully someday when inflation is under control, we can resume the War on Global Terrorism.

With respect:

Has the GWoT ended?
No...we still have drones flying all over the place but it has definitely taken it down several notches. That's a good thing.

Who gives a shit? It was all just a cynical ploy to transfer the treasury to Raytheon and Halliburton.
Yes. I remember well when Raytheon blew up the USS Cole.

No...we still have drones flying all over the place but it has definitely taken it down several notches. That's a good thing.
One of the few things I uncritically praise Biden for. It's something he has nearly direct control over and he lowered drone strikes far bellow the levels of Trump, Obama, or Bush.

One of the few things I uncritically praise Biden for. It's something he has nearly direct control over and he lowered drone strikes far bellow the levels of Trump, Obama, or Bush.

With respect:

'Reduced drone strikes' means there are still drone strikes. The US GWoT continues, it's just being done on a reduced and/or more covert manner. US foreign policy has always been led by covert actions of the Pentagon and CIA.

The US isn't the 'world police' because the goal has never been to arrest and process through a justice system. The US is 'world judge' and 'world executioner.' Drone strikes prove this.

His pullout of Afghanistan was ham-fisted but I'm glad he got us out. I wish we would've left earlier, by over a decade. To clarify, the collapse of the Afghani government isn't Biden's fault. That would've happened for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom