• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has the GOP/right wing cultural war gone back to anti-gay for 2022?

For the past few years the GOP/right wing has seemed to leave the gay issue on the back burner and focused on the transgender issue. Now it seems they have come back to anti-gay issues. In one day Fox news mentioned gay issues over 200 times, including now going after Disney World. Once again they are mentioning the gay marriage issue and in one state passing a law allowing protection for those public servants who refuse to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, "for religious" reasons. So having no real policies to help the country, they are going back to this tried and true methods of getting their homophobic voters out to vote. As someone mentioned in another OP, a state is removing age limits to marriage so old men can marry underage girls, which seems to be okay with the right, but gay marriage is wrong?

"Gone back".....when did the Republicans ever abandon their homophobic position?

Never is the answer.

"Poisoning" them with what? Heather has two moms? Gay penguins in the park? A male teacher in his family portrait standing next to a man instead of a woman? Those are the kinds of things that ridiculous Florida law will prevent. Even casual acknowledgements that it exists is prohibited, much less teaching a bit of much-needed tolerance and understanding.

By and large transgender women have no sexual interest in women, so people just need to get over their irrational phobias in the bathrooms and locker rooms. Athletic fairness does seem to be an issue though, albeit extremely rare.
Nah...if its far more ****ed up than that.

That sick **** was pushing her agenda on preschoolers. She is but one of VERY many...and it gets far worse.

No...we would really rather the sick piece of shit leftists stop trying to pervert children.

LOL it's like these people have never interacted with a parent.
You mean the demented leftist piece of shit that is fighting to surgical alter her child because of something he said when he was 3 years old?

“Affirming a son as a girl violates the Father’s Christian religious beliefs,” Younger wrote. “When James is with his Father, he refuses girl’s clothes, says he is a boy to family and to friends, refuses to play with girls, and engages in typically male play.”
In a video that Younger shot when the child was 3 — and which was subsequently shared by conservative outlets during the trial — Younger asks, “You’re a boy, right?”
The child responds, “No, I’m a girl.”
Younger asks, “Who told you you’re a girl?” The child responds, “Mommy.”

You people sure do own a ****ed up legacy.

Nah...if its far more ****ed up than that.

That sick **** was pushing her agenda on preschoolers. She is but one of VERY many...and it gets far worse.

No...we would really rather the sick piece of shit leftists stop trying to pervert children.

Oh the horrors of teaching young children what it means to be nonbinary gender. Y'all need to get a grip and stop projecting your sexual phobias on everyone else. Not everything is about pedophilia.

For the past few years the GOP/right wing has seemed to leave the gay issue on the back burner and focused on the transgender issue. Now it seems they have come back to anti-gay issues. In one day Fox news mentioned gay issues over 200 times, including now going after Disney World. Once again they are mentioning the gay marriage issue and in one state passing a law allowing protection for those public servants who refuse to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, "for religious" reasons. So having no real policies to help the country, they are going back to this tried and true methods of getting their homophobic voters out to vote. As someone mentioned in another OP, a state is removing age limits to marriage so old men can marry underage girls, which seems to be okay with the right, but gay marriage is wrong?
Seriously, is the above narrative going to be the left's newest faux outrage as we head toward the midterm elections?

Seriously, is the above narrative going to be the left's newest faux outrage as we head toward the midterm elections?
Many on the right do seem to have their panties in a bunch over LGBTQ stuff again, so I'm gonna say yep. I think the Rs have felt some political victories in being hostile to transgenders, so they're pushing the boundaries to see what else they can get support for. I hope it blows up in their faces.

You mean the demented leftist piece of shit that is fighting to surgical alter her child because of something he said when he was 3 years old?

“Affirming a son as a girl violates the Father’s Christian religious beliefs,” Younger wrote. “When James is with his Father, he refuses girl’s clothes, says he is a boy to family and to friends, refuses to play with girls, and engages in typically male play.”
In a video that Younger shot when the child was 3 — and which was subsequently shared by conservative outlets during the trial — Younger asks, “You’re a boy, right?”
The child responds, “No, I’m a girl.”
Younger asks, “Who told you you’re a girl?” The child responds, “Mommy.”

You people sure do own a ****ed up legacy.
The child was diagnosed with gender dysphoria. Her mother is a pediatrician. Nobody is forcing or brainwashing her to do anything. It seems to me it's more abusive to force her to live in the wrong body. The assumption that she might regret it later is a reach.

Oh the horrors of teaching young children what it means to be nonbinary gender. Y'all need to get a grip and stop projecting your sexual phobias on everyone else. Not everything is about pedophilia.
I get it. You approve of shitheaded leftists using classrooms to promote an LGBTQ agenda to 3-4 year olds.

You 'people' have promoted an agenda that has literally ****ed up about 25% of children in the country t the point they no longer know what the **** they are....all to satisfy your own deviant belief systems....and that rate continues to grow.

You have quite the legacy.

Just wonder if they are starting all this up because they think Gov, Pete Buttigieg will be running for President in 2024
and they want to stir it up so they can start sh-- up about him
I don't care what he does it is his life
I do think he would be a good President even if he is gay
Have a nice night
No, watch the video I linked for a better theory - that anti-transsexualism is going well enough for them politically that they're 'drunk' on it and trying to expand it to anti-gay.

I get it. You approve of shitheaded leftists using classrooms to promote an LGBTQ agenda to 3-4 year olds.

You 'people' have promoted an agenda that has literally ****ed up about 25% of children in the country t the point they no longer know what the **** they are....all to satisfy your own deviant belief systems....and that rate continues to grow.

You have quite the legacy.
I approve of teaching tolerance and understanding to end to irrational bigotry and hatred. Parents with Bibles call that "grooming" because they'd rather teach the discrimination of unenlightened goat herders. There wouldn't be a push for more LGBTQ acceptance if people, ya know, were more socially accepting and less intolerant and would stop calling it an "agenda" to groom children to be pedophile victims.

GONE BACK??? They have always had problems with gays.

Let them go anti-gay, their tiny little base is going to get run over.
They are alienating so many parts of the electorate. So, to compensate for that, they are going full on voter suppression. Don't anyone think it's not a calculated plan.

In just a few months, the dangerous caravans will be back in the talking points. Wash, rinse, repeat. Predictable.

I approve of teaching tolerance and understanding to end to irrational bigotry and hatred. Parents with Bibles call that "grooming" because they'd rather teach the discrimination of unenlightened goat herders. There wouldn't be a push for more LGBTQ acceptance if people, ya know, were more socially accepting and less intolerant and would stop calling it an "agenda" to groom children to be pedophile victims.
:ROFLMAO:

No....you APPROVE of demented ****s and their announced intent to indoctrinate children as early as preschool.

YOU own that shit....

No, watch the video I linked for a better theory - that anti-transsexualism is going well enough for them politically that they're 'drunk' on it and trying to expand it to anti-gay.
Yes as you said they are trying to expand it to anti-gay
Gov. Pete is gay and I am sure if he decides to run for President it will become a big thing for them
Have a nice day

Yes as you said they are trying to expand it to anti-gay
Gov. Pete is gay and I am sure if he decides to run for President it will become a big thing for them
Have a nice day
If it gets them votes they'll use it. If it costs them votes they won't. They have no 'principles' involved, it's just about power to serve their donors.

Back
Top Bottom