• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has Science Accidently Created A Wormhole?

Read Slaughterhouse-Five. It's a great novel by Kurt Vonnegut.
Oh, a si-fi character.

No, I never met any si-fi characters, or any actors who play them.

I like star trek enterprise, since Archer went on the rampage and spent their seasons chasing the Zindi in the expanse and saving Earth, and Voyager, since I figured out they're trying to get home from across the Galaxy. I'll watch Deep Space Nine, since I saw all the others and even the original renders new shows and TNG is new material too. I like the Avengers and Marvel.

Oh, a si-fi character.

No, I never met any si-fi characters, or any actors who play them.

I like star trek enterprise, since Archer went on the rampage and spent their seasons chasing the Zindi in the expanse and saving Earth, and Voyager, since I figured out they're trying to get home from across the Galaxy. I'll watch Deep Space Nine, since I saw all the others and even the original renders new shows and TNG is new material too. I like the Avengers and Marvel.
I haven't seen the Enterprise series.

I haven't seen the Enterprise series.
It's pretty cool, it''s the generation before Kirk.

Lots of time travel, lots of theory and effects, and voyager too.

It's pretty cool, it''s the generation before Kirk.

Lots of time travel, lots of theory and effects, and voyager too.
I watched most of The Next Generation in the 90s. I liked it.

My guess it that the extent of my time travel will be the normal forward progression plus the microsecond or so I achieve from the increased velocity and mass caused by physical travel over the course of a lifetime. I just sort of wonder why people think that the earth would be anywhere near their position in the universe if they went forward or backwards a few decades.

Physical travel is the only known way to time travel, and it only works in one direction (your own time passes more slowly so you go further into the future than stay-at-homes.) But it also answers your problem with the Earth moving: if the Earth is your starting point, then travel away and travel back are both in the frame of the Sun and with the awesome capabilities of a near-light-speed ship, finding your way back to the Sun is practically equivalent to finding your way back to the Earth.

Faster-than-light in fiction typically ignores relativity, since writing a story in which people travel to the past every time they use FTL would be confusing. And until recently, the other quantities (length and mass) of a FTL ship being less than zero and greater than infinity (respectively) have consigned FTL to science fiction, and not good sci-fi at that.

Scientists reporting FTL communication are not necessarily wrong. The old relativity where nothing can pass outside a light cone would require that messages sent FTL are going back in time, but that's not necessarily what's happening. Something even spookier perhaps: their equipment and entangled particles correctly guessing the future.

Time is merely a human construct. It is our way of measuring the flow of entropy.
Entropy itself was set at the very start of the universe and flows either way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_as_an_arrow_of_time
Entropy is one of the few quantities in the physical sciences that require a particular direction for time, sometimes called an arrow of time. As one goes "forward" in time, the second law of thermodynamics says, the entropy of an isolated system can increase, but not decrease. Thus, entropy measurement is a way of distinguishing the past from the future. In thermodynamic systems that are not isolated, entropy can decrease with time, for example living systems where local entropy is reduced at the expense of an environmental increase (resulting in a net increase in entropy), the formation of typical crystals, the workings of a refrigerator and within living organisms.
“The increase of disorder or entropy is what distinguishes the past from the future, giving a direction to time.” — Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time

Has Science Accidently Created A Wormhole?​

Well . . . perhaps if you had linked to and cited some published, peer reviewed scientific journal, we might have a jumping off point to start this discussion. But . . . . absent that . . . ??
Perhaps if you were capable of thought you could offer a point or two.

First - "Scientists discussing the paranormal" is, from what every believer in science around here assures me, an oxymoron.
Second - Well, which is it, American or Russian?
Third - How does one measure negative time? Just curious to know the general concept as I've a major task that needs re-done before the boss finds out.
Fourth - "Present-day patents on anti-gravity machines and vehicles capable of Mach 24?" Patents are fine - where are the IPOs for same?
Fifth - how does a wormhole relate to the paranormal, time travel into the past, UFOs, spirits, ghost figures, anti-gravity machines, and Mach 24 vehicles?

Methinks you stash of Reynolds Wrap is missing a roll or two.
All that typing and not a single offering!! Proof gas comes from liquids.

Physical travel is the only known way to time travel, and it only works in one direction (your own time passes more slowly so you go further into the future than stay-at-homes.) But it also answers your problem with the Earth moving: if the Earth is your starting point, then travel away and travel back are both in the frame of the Sun and with the awesome capabilities of a near-light-speed ship, finding your way back to the Sun is practically equivalent to finding your way back to the Earth.

Faster-than-light in fiction typically ignores relativity, since writing a story in which people travel to the past every time they use FTL would be confusing. And until recently, the other quantities (length and mass) of a FTL ship being less than zero and greater than infinity (respectively) have consigned FTL to science fiction, and not good sci-fi at that.

Scientists reporting FTL communication are not necessarily wrong. The old relativity where nothing can pass outside a light cone would require that messages sent FTL are going back in time, but that's not necessarily what's happening. Something even spookier perhaps: their equipment and entangled particles correctly guessing the future.
The BIg Bang was faster than the speed of light and by the way, declaring how things work in our lifetime is like laughing at manned flight in 1800. With all the hi-tech and great minds in our time we have no cure for the common cold

It's possible to turn back time but you would have to be some sort of quantum system. Such a system can evolve to lower entropy and be a prior state.
Unfortunately, we humans are not able to BE micro phenomenons at a quantum level. If we were. we could flow backward and forward.
Bottom line..We're way too big.
On Edit>> One thing I do know is the fact that even people I've known that are big-time into quantum physics LOVE a well-done time-travel story...
including this poster. It's great fun. :)
One thing is true. You and the rest of the posters here including me are not as intelligent as the Russian scientists claiming to have achieved time traveled back in time.

Why are we talking about time travel?

Does everybody want to go back to 2000 and elect Al Gore?
No but to go back and prevent the Trump immigrants from coming to America.

If you never opened the door you will never know what is on the other side, never.
I'll skip free floating deep space death, thanks.

The scientists named the star Earendel, meaning "morning star" or "rising light" in Old English. The star may be up to 50 times the mass of our sun and millions of times as bright, and because of its distance from Earth, it took 12.9 billion years for its light to reach us, NASA said.

Victoria Strait, postdoc at the Cosmic Dawn Center, Copenhagen, and a collaborator and co-author of the study, said that the old star offers scientists an opportunity to learn more about the past.

"As we peer into the cosmos, we also look back in time, so these extreme high-resolution observations allow us to understand the building blocks of some of the very first galaxies," she wrote in a press release.

Fossil light.

She singing about how if she could turn back Tom, not time.

No but to go back and prevent the Trump immigrants from coming to America.
Oh that's easy, you just don't abandon Obama's South American policies like Trump did.

So what, what's ten, twenty million immigrants, but I wouldn't give them citizenship unless they were born here.

Scientists discussing the paranormal put forth a theory that scientists American or Russian or whoever may have stumbled onto a wormhole. Several months ago I read Russian scientists achieved time travel to the past. It was only for a nanosecond but they did in fact measure it. Time and energy related to the big bang have always been a part of the conversation about UFOs, spirits, ghost figures, strange creatures even some prehistoric creatures on video and objects moving by themselves. They also discussed present-day patents on antigravity machines and vehicles capable of Mach 24 that would explain many UFO sightings.
🤡

You can't travel in time.
Time is relative but not transverseable

One thing is true. You and the rest of the posters here including me are not as intelligent as the Russian scientists claiming to have achieved time traveled back in time.
True. Someday, someone will figure out how break some of the laws that we think are unbreakable.
Quantum physics is not my main field. but (of course) an Astronomy degree requires some understanding of it.
Which is weird because nobody truly understand quantum physics. :)

The BIg Bang was faster than the speed of light and by the way, declaring how things work in our lifetime is like laughing at manned flight in 1800. With all the hi-tech and great minds in our time we have no cure for the common cold

Stuff that happened shortly after the big bang is wholly irrelevant to what can happen in spacetime now. The "laws" of the universe are different.

You don't know relativity and yet you presume to dismiss my comments on it. Good luck with your thread; I'm out.

Oh that's easy, you just don't abandon Obama's South American policies like Trump did.

So what, what's ten, twenty million immigrants, but I wouldn't give them citizenship unless they were born here.
They would not come when Trump builds the wall and Mexico pays for 100% of it !!!! It was not built and Mexico has paid nothing instead it came out of our military's budget.

Stuff that happened shortly after the big bang is wholly irrelevant to what can happen in spacetime now. The "laws" of the universe are different.

You don't know relativity and yet you presume to dismiss my comments on it. Good luck with your thread; I'm out.
You were never in

Back
Top Bottom