• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has Sarah Palin saved the GOP?

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Pretty good analysis. Is something you'd expect from Human Events or National Review... not WaPo close to election day.

Delaware Republicans have proved it: Sarah Palin is the best asset the GOP has right now.

There has been a lot of carping about Republicans' prospects for November since Palin-backed candidate Christine O'Donnell defeated longtime Delaware officeholder Mike Castle for the Republican Senate nomination Tuesday. But contrary to conventional wisdom, the 2008 vice presidential nominee has kept the party strong. How? She has kept the Tea Party faithful inside the GOP tent. Had she instead encouraged these disillusioned voters to mount third-party challenges across the 2010 general-election ballot, dozens of Democratic incumbents, not to mention challengers, would be smiling like Woodrow Wilson in 1912.

washingtonpost.com

Good analysis, although "saved" is a very relative term...

If she has, it's a sorry day for the Republican party.

A primary victory is not an election victory, so this remains to be seen.

Pretty good analysis. Is something you'd expect from Human Events or National Review... not WaPo close to election day.

If by "saved" you mean ensured that the Democrats will keep control of the Senate....then I agree. ROTFL......

If she starts backing the republicans more she will see us not listening to her. WE want no established insiders leading us. teapartynation

No.

Obama and some of his decisions have - so did Byrd, that brought a bit of dem-hypocrisy to the front.
And continuous bailouts along with Obama's 'more of the same'

I believe that she had a mixed change in the GOP. For the moderates and the liberals, she disgusts them even more, alienating any kind of support for the GOP. Also, she has alienated even more moderate-conservatives. However, she has gained more support and affection from the extreme-conservatives, stablizing her party even more by the far-right conservatives

If she starts backing the republicans more she will see us not listening to her. WE want no established insiders leading us. teapartynation

I like how he signs this post as if he were the tea party spokesperson or something.

I like how he signs this post as if he were the tea party spokesperson or something.

MEMBER. Not spokesman. I have gave up on rep and the dems.

I wouldn't say Sarah Palin has saved the GOP. If anything, she has established herself as voice within the Conservative political arena, but her minor influences to date are a long way from saving anything except a place for herself within the political landscape.

If Palin IS the Republican Party's Savior then a Big Day of Reckoning awaits down the road. Now just one question for all the purists who are seemingly more interested in driving out every last "RINO" than winning Elections - Like Why is it Guys like Bill Maher & Keith olberman and most in the MSM - like WHY do they want her Front & center and WHY would they just Love her to be the 2012 GOP nominee ?????

Please think above the 38% level before answering.

Back
Top Bottom