• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has Putin lost his mind?

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Maybe not, but it sure helps.

While I agree, you have to determine if it is a pattern or a plan.

I am not good enough to know which right now, but I do think it could be a plan.

If we take off the blinders....we realize this is how Hilter successfully progressed his agression.

Still more media onboard with the idea, both left and right leaning.

Paranoia, aggression, isolation, all signs of a deteriorating mental condition.

Fears 'paranoid' Putin has lost his mind as leader limits contact to inner circle

Even the RWNJ National REview is wondering.

Has Putin Actually Lost His Mind?
Putin hasn't changed at all. His actions today are totally congruent with his entire known history, from his tenure in the KGB, his cold war influences, his ruthless strong arm tactics . . . all of it. His invasion of South Ossetia, his invasion of Crimea, . . . . .

Insanity is something that tends to be unpredictable - but Putin is anything but. You can almost draw a straight line from his school days to Kyiv. And the West's insistence on NATO expansion after the dissolution of the SSRs has provided Vladimir with more than enough pretext.

Still more media onboard with the idea, both left and right leaning.

They are making assessments (1) they are probably not qualified to make. (2) not considering the context.

While I am not defending his rationality (I've always detested the guy), I am just saying...this is different.

He, in some ways is gambling everything here. I hope he strokes out.

Putin hasn't changed at all. His actions today are totally congruent with his entire known history, from his tenure in the KGB, his cold war influences, his ruthless strong arm tactics . . . all of it. His invasion of South Ossetia, his invasion of Crimea, . . . . .

Insanity is something that tends to be unpredictable - but Putin is anything but. You can almost draw a straight line from his school days to Kyiv. And the West's insistence on NATO expansion after the dissolution of the SSRs has provided Vladimir with more than enough pretext.

Lest we forget, even after the revolutionary war, there were many who still wanted to be a part of England.

Old habits die hard.

The man has started a war that is opposed by practically every country on the face of the planet.

Who in their right mind does that?

The question shouldn't be "has Putin lost his mind" but "what's his end game/exit strategy".

idk, i figure after nuclear threats, that's the time swallow our egos, and people still don't want to do that.

guess we're all getting nuked...does this mean we can forget about green initiatives? planet is going to be destroyed anyway. might as well load up all the CO2 we can.

idk, i figure after nuclear threats, that's the time swallow our egos, and people still don't want to do that.
Hopefully, in a place none of us know about, there are operatives creeping even closer to Putin to take him out and have someone with a calmer head to put in place. And Putin likely knows that’s coming.

That’s the only way I’m seeing to get out of this mess.

Meanwhile, Trump wanted to take over Greenland, because....something about the battle of Bowling Green or windmill cancer, or something....
I think he offered to trade Puerto Rico for it. The alleged author of The Art of the Deal was quite the statesman, eh?

It's not just Biden, although I agree he is part of the issue.

It's the country, in general.

Just look at this board and the Jew/Palestinian mentality that seems to exist here between right and left.

A certain Jew in Ukraine is kicking Putin's ass... Got you troubled?

guess we're all getting nuked...does this mean we can forget about green initiatives? planet is going to be destroyed anyway. might as well load up all the CO2 we can.
"swallow our egos"?

You wanna capitulate?

Hopefully, in a place none of us know about, there are operatives creeping even closer to Putin to take him out and have someone with a calmer head to put in place. And Putin likely knows that’s coming.

That’s the only way I’m seeing to get out of this mess.
Kidon maybe on the way, we'll never know.

Putin sees his chance now under Biden.
He sees his chance given 60%+ of Republicans have bought into the various disinformation campaigns he and his pal Trump have been waging the past five years and would rather talk about how horrible Biden and liberals are than the psychotic mass murderer currently threatening nuclear war.

He sees his chance given 60%+ of Republicans have bought into the various disinformation campaigns he and his pal Trump have been waging the past five years and would rather talk about how horrible Biden and liberals are than the psychotic mass murderer currently threatening nuclear war.
They seem to be afraid that the pendulum is moving away from fascism and nationalism, and their thug cult leaders are being shown for the assholes that they are...

I notice that his strutting through the doors opened by two tall soldiers is no longer so macho.

And rumor has it that he is sick with something.

A lot of people (especially Russians) hope that it is more than a rumor.

Interesting that both the States & Russia both have leaders who have seen better days when it comes to both mental & physical condition. Emperor Xi of China, however, seems to be doing well in keeping the throne for life.

Back
Top Bottom