• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has Putin lost his mind?

We should have a better idea about this in the coming weeks.

And he was making an official statement in that capacity?

Smarten up. This putin is nuts campaign is nuts, not Putin.
I need to "smarten up" because I posted Senator Rubio's tweet? I haven't even offered an opinion, so I don't understand your incivility here.

Senator Warner, the Chair of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, was on "Meet the Press" today. See 1:58-4:32:

what is capitulate? We're not going to give him the US, and I doubt he wants it anyone.

If giving Putin a few former soviet allies is all he needs to prevent nuclear war, i know which i prefer. I hate to sound callous but eastern europe just ISN'T as important to me as it is to Putin.
Appeasing dictators never works.

“Lost his mind” is not a normal psychological term but it certainly does appear that Putin has some very severe psychological problems, the most apparent of which is megalomania. To “blow up the world” as he has done can certainly be seen, in layman’s terms, of “being crazy”. He is indeed “mad with power” at the present time so that, in his mind, it is Putin against the world. Only a megalomania-obsessed madman would be in such a state.

That's my point. I don't think he is insane. People only start calling dictators possessed by ruthless audacity "insane" when they hit speed bumps.
I don't think he's insane but probably a sociopath.

Appeasing dictators never works.
If a dictator wanted your wife's home cooked bread, you'd call it appeasement.

some shit is just too small for us to fight over.

If a dictator wanted your wife's home cooked bread, you'd call it appeasement.

some shit is just too small for us to fight over.
Putin is not going to be satisified with the Ukraine. He will start looking at NATO members in Eastern Europe next.

Putin is not going to be satisified with the Ukraine. He will start looking at NATO members in Eastern Europe next
How do we know that? we haven't exactly negotiated with him.

what we have to do is get him lay his cards on the table. what, exactly does he want, and then we can finnagle some kind of peaceful agreement that protects everyone's interests.

How do we know that? we haven't exactly negotiated with him.

what we have to do is get him lay his cards on the table. what, exactly does he want, and then we can finnagle some kind of peaceful agreement that protects everyone's interests.
He wants no democracies at his border, and the return of the USSR borders.

He wants no democracies at his border, and the return of the USSR borders.
let's assume that's the case, what's the harm to us if gets such a thing?

let's assume that's the case, what's the harm to us if gets such a thing?

Depends on what you mean by “us”. Ukraine should continue to exist as an INDEPENDENT nation with its citizens engaged in an experiment in democracy, and the West should not stand by idly while letting a tyrant madman change that in order to stroke his own ego

I noticed Putin has a certain look about him days ago and alluded to it then.
But am I the only one to find it a bit jarring to hear anyone speak about his possible problems while refusing to acknowledge someone else's much closer to home.

I noticed Putin has a certain look about him days ago and alluded to it then.
But am I the only one to find it a bit jarring to hear anyone speak about his possible problems while refusing to acknowledge someone else's much closer to home.

Thankfully, that egomaniac buffoon is back in Florida and can do no more harm at this point.

Back
Top Bottom