• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has Putin lost his mind?

Paranoia, aggression, isolation, all signs of a deteriorating mental condition.

Fears 'paranoid' Putin has lost his mind as leader limits contact to inner circle

Even the RWNJ National REview is wondering.

Has Putin Actually Lost His Mind?

Intelligence seems to prove that something is seriously off with him.
Now he's threatening to use nukes. Not exactly a stable mind at work there...

IMO, the people who surround him need to plan a military coup and take him out.

YES!!! Why should all those people die for his obsession with power. Le'ts go Brandon him! Send in the sweeper team.

YES!!! Why should all those people die for his obsession with power. Le'ts go Brandon him! Send in the sweeper team.

He's bloated looking. Looks like he's physically ill as well.
It has to be done today! Ukraine can't hold on much longer. IMO, it will be better if his own people rise up and remove him from office.

From the NR (link O/P
The subject of Putin’s mind has been of interest to Pentagon analysts and psychologists for a long time.

Beyond the posturing debates over whether Putin does or does not have a “soul,” the Pentagon’s Office of Net Assessment (ONA) undertook a study in 2008 that examined his mental state. USA Today obtained that study (and one from 2011) and published the findings in 2015. Controversially, it speculated that the Russian leader has an “autistic disorder which affects all of his decisions.” Researchers pointed to Asperger’s syndrome, though they couldn’t prove that theory without having done a brain scan. One psychiatry professor cited in the study later walked back the specific claim of Asperger’s.

The armchair analysis was largely based on videos of Putin and attracted scrutiny at the time. It must be taken with salt grains. But those findings still wouldn’t account for the more recent changes in behavior Western officials say they’ve noticed, against the backdrop of his disastrous war in Ukraine.

Indeed, it is hard for anyone to see the videos of Putin’s pronouncements this week or the images of him taking social-distancing to absurd degrees or the sheer consequences of his decision-making without thinking that this man with command of a million-strong military force and a nuclear arsenal is not well.

Putin was Machiavellian in his prime. How does that cunning contort at the edge of 70?

Decision to invade Ukraine raises questions over Putin’s ‘sense of reality’​

Officials in western capitals concerned by ‘despotic mindset’ of Russian president and rambling Monday speech increased doubts
Vladimir Putin’s decision to launch a catastrophic new European war, combined with the sheer weirdness of his recent public appearances, has raised questions in western capitals about the mental stability of the leader of a country with 6,000 nuclear warheads. . . .
Following Putin’s speech on Monday, an Elysée official made an unusually bold assessment that the speech was “paranoid”. Bernard Guetta, a member of the European parliament for Macron’s grouping, told France Inter radio on Thursday morning, after military invasion began: “I think this man is losing his sense of reality, to say it politely.” Asked by the interviewer if that meant he thought Putin had gone mad, he said “yes”.
Guetta is not alone. Milos Zeman, the Czech president and long one of [Vladimir] Putin’s staunchest supporters, denounced Putin [as] a “madman” after the invasion.
“All our Russia-watchers, watching his press conferences, think that he’s descending even more into a despotic mindset,” another European diplomat said. People grow old. They acquire ailments. Their perception of reality changes. The prospect of mortality affects different people differently. Most people don’t hold complete power over a vast nation while hearing only affirmative feedback from
those around them. This is a dangerous way to age.

Putin is very sick and is hellbent on establishing a legacy. If his effort against Ukraine fizzles don't be surprised if he rides into the sunset.

WOW- you sure know how to twist and make shit up....I advocate nothing about Putin
I'm going by what you said. You stated that "Putin sees his chance now under Biden". Your stating that you foolishly believe that the only reason that Putin invaded Ukraine is because he thinks Biden is weak. You do claim Biden is weak, right?

"swallow our egos"?

You wanna capitulate?
what is capitulate? We're not going to give him the US, and I doubt he wants it anyone.

If giving Putin a few former soviet allies is all he needs to prevent nuclear war, i know which i prefer. I hate to sound callous but eastern europe just ISN'T as important to me as it is to Putin.

Or are they the ones stoking the paranoia?

what is capitulate? We're not going to give him the US, and I doubt he wants it anyone.

If giving Putin a few former soviet allies is all he needs to prevent nuclear war, i know which i prefer. I hate to sound callous but eastern europe just ISN'T as important to me as it is to Putin.
So "yes"?

Or are they the ones stoking the paranoia?

Only a few are allowed close proximity to Putin. He has not ruled from the Kremlin since Covid invaded Russia.

He isolates at the Novo-Ogaryovo state residence outside Moscow, at the Bocharov Ruchey in Sochi, or at his private residence in the gated Ozero community near St Petersburg.

I think he offered to trade Puerto Rico for it. The alleged author of The Art of the Deal was quite the statesman, eh?
Kill two birds. Get rid of the Mexicans [talking about his viewpoint], gain white people.

Back
Top Bottom