• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has President Trump been more politically successful than Barack Hussein Obama?

Who was more politically successful during their first term as president?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View Poll Results: Who was more politically successful during their first term as president?

Barack Hussein Obama (Muslim or Christian)
President Donald J. Trump

Lee Atwater did not get cancer assassinated for nothing, you rotten sonova...

It's impossible to judge Obama's first term compared to Trump's because Trump hasn't finished his first term.

And I refuse to vote in your biased poll.

Barack Obama lost 6 seats in the Senate and lost House during his first term presidency; Trump has only lost the house and gained in the senate, is Trump's agenda more popular than Obama's agenda during their respective first terms?

Other than being more "pro business" Trump sucks as bad as Obama.

America's healthcare system is one of the WORST in the western world. People are going bankrupt just to pay for surgery. Thankfully over 20 million Americans have now got affordable health care thanks to President Obama.

The only people who hate Obamacare are the racist redneck republicans. Obamacare is very similar to the system that Mitt Romney introduced in Massachusetts when he was Governor. Romneycare would have got these republicans their tick of approval cos Romney is WHITE.

I bet if trump renamed Obamacare, 'trumpcare' , the republicans would be giving him a parade.

LOL. You guys have repeatedly said that our health care system is equal to every other one in the world. Please make up your minds.

You apparently are ignorant of the fact of how the GOP maintains power despite always receiving less votes overall. It's okay, things are changing ;)
You are apparently unaware of the fact that "votes overall" doesn't mean ****. That's just a idiotic mantra your betters in the Dem party feed you lower info types to keep you bobbing your heads in unison to the garbage they continue to spew.

You are apparently unaware of the fact that "votes overall" doesn't mean ****. That's just a idiotic mantra your betters in the Dem party feed you lower info types to keep you bobbing your heads in unison to the garbage they continue to spew.

So you'll happily take up the mantle of being undemocratic. You're funny.

So you'll happily take up the mantle of being undemocratic. You're funny.
You have no idea what being "democratic" means. Or, apparently of the entire structure of our government system.

Think hard, why might Obama have been politically less successful than Trump?

1) Birther movement cost Obama politically

2) Conspiracy theories on his religious beliefs also cost him politically

True or not, these were political issues that plague Obama's first term and affected his political popularity.

His religion is absolutely relevant to his political success, if you don't know, you need this country to believe you are a Christian if you want to get anywhere politically.

A polite way of saying the racism inherent in the USA hurt his politically popularity. Can't argue with that.

I had rather look at history than what either President did 2 years into their first term. Conservatives are not going to give Obama credit for doing anything first as a Democrat and secondly because he was a black man. Democrats hold Obama in high esteem. Obama started his Presidency under less than favorable conditions and won two terms. Trump started his Presidency in a economy that had come out of recession. Conservatives can paint it however they wish. History will treat Obama kindly. History will not treat Trump kindly in the pantheon of Presidents. Now we just need to live long enough to see history play out.

You have no idea what being "democratic" means. Or, apparently of the entire structure of our government system.

Define democratic for me oh wise one with no substance and all insults.

Trump couldn't play being political in a B movie.

Politics isn't about "I" but Trump knows nothing else … on Thanksgiving he was most thankful … for himself. :doh

It's simple Republicans cheat to win because they can't win by the majority

That is simply not true.

Trump publicly defended the KKK and Neo Nazis, saying some were "very fine people" after Charlottesville.

To be clear, this rally was:

1) Hosted by White Supremacists

2) Had the stated purpose of uniting White Supremacists.

3) Had these guys there:

599081d015000021008b654c.jpeg

a2668b92-7c26-4736-b568-feb08d471e03-ax098_4a00_9.jpg

Any "very fine people" likely stayed home, and if they accidentally went, they left as soon as they arrived and saw what was going on.

This was a calculated move by Trump, as he continued to court the racist vote, a significant part of his base.

Thanks for revealing that you believe Heather Heyer got what she deserved.

Despite that fact, it was easy enough to see from all of his statements and even those of other right leaning politicians. That it was obvious the alt-right element, was not liked in the very least by this administration. I've seen people try and push this false narrative as hard as possible and still end up making fools of themselves.

I'll state the fact once more. Trump does not uplift the Nazis/white nationalist, they uplift him.
No public figure in this country has any control over who tries to promote them. So I don't hold Trump responsible for Charlottesville, much like I don't hold Bernie Sanders responsible for the congressional baseball shooting.

Anyone who uses Obama's middle name when they discuss him commits the Godwin Rule of the 21st Century.

/thread.

Hussein, Clown, all are thoughtful contributions to any discussion.

Well I'm responding to your meaningless drivel so it's a rather inconsequential point you're making
So, you think Senate seats are gerrymandered, too?

So, you think Senate seats are gerrymandered, too?

No, but repubs engage in voter suppression (because repubs know if blacks and minorities and dems in general vote en masse, they lose ) on a number of fronts within that purview, one of which is Interstate Crosscheck. Other techniques are "caging" ( purging names of those who do not send the post card that is sent to them that looks like junk mail intentional which asks them if they don't respond to this card, they will be removed from the database ) eliminating voting on Sunday ( in areas that are heavily Baptist, given that they often vote after Sunday Service and patrons are bussed to the polls ) raising the bar as high as possible on IDs, and all sorts of techniques which make it more difficult to vote way more than it prevents fraud, which is practically non-existent ( enough to have a serious impact )

etc etc etc and evil etc.

More info on Crosscheck, created by voter supression king Kris Kobach, partnering with dozens of states ( red states, but of course ).

https://www.gregpalast.com/crosscheck-overwhelmingly-purges-legitimate-voters/

https://www.gregpalast.com/election-stolen-heres/

https://www.endcrosscheck.com/crosscheck-faq/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Voter_Registration_Crosscheck_Program

ACLU sues Kobach over interstate Crosscheck voter database | News, Sports, Jobs - Lawrence Journal-World: news, information, headlines and events in Lawrence, Kansas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...to-take-it-nationwide/?utm_term=.49deeacf2615

I don't have enough time to detail the others, but the info is out there, for those who are curious.

No, but repubs engage in voter suppression (because repubs know if blacks and minorities and dems in general vote en masse, they lose ) on a number of fronts within that purview, one of which is Interstate Crosscheck. Other techniques are "caging" ( purging names of those who do not send the post card that is sent to them that looks like junk mail intentional which asks them if they don't respond to this card, they will be removed from the database ) eliminating voting on Sunday ( in areas that are heavily Baptist, given that they often vote after Sunday Service and patrons are bussed to the polls ) raising the bar as high as possible on IDs, and all sorts of techniques which make it more difficult to vote way more than it prevents fraud, which is practically non-existent ( enough to have a serious impact )

etc etc etc and evil etc.

More info on Crosscheck, created by voter supression king Kris Kobach, partnering with dozens of states ( red states, but of course ).

https://www.gregpalast.com/crosscheck-overwhelmingly-purges-legitimate-voters/

https://www.gregpalast.com/election-stolen-heres/

https://www.endcrosscheck.com/crosscheck-faq/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Voter_Registration_Crosscheck_Program

ACLU sues Kobach over interstate Crosscheck voter database | News, Sports, Jobs - Lawrence Journal-World: news, information, headlines and events in Lawrence, Kansas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...to-take-it-nationwide/?utm_term=.49deeacf2615

I don't have enough time to detail the others, but the info is out there, for those who are curious.
Yaaaaawwnnnnnn. I've heard all this "voter suppression" drivel many times. Mostly just a LW urban legend.

If a party loses 40 seats in the House at a time of "full" employment and ~3% GDP growth, that is indeed less successful than...well, just about any other party in history.

Yaaaaawwnnnnnn. I've heard all this "voter suppression" drivel many times. Mostly just a LW urban legend.

If you actually believe that is a merit worthy rebuttal, there is no point in debating with you.

Either refute the litany of evidence that exists on voter suppression, or don't bother replying.

Barack Obama lost 6 seats in the Senate and lost House during his first term presidency; Trump has only lost the house and gained in the senate, is Trump's agenda more popular than Obama's agenda during their respective first terms?

Trump has to win reelection to even be compared to Obama. Trump is more likely to end up like Jimmy Carter and H. W. Bush--one term president. And Trump may leave the presidency it utter disgrace. Almost everyone involved in his campaign is entangled in a criminal conspiracy.

It's just totally insane to compare Trump to Obama. Trump's presidency is failing as we speak.

So, lets wait and see if Trump even finishes his term before we compare his presidency to anyone else's.

Given that Trump accomplished nothing of note in his first two years in office with unified control of government and is likely to be seeking re-election during a recession he in part induced (if he isn't forced from office and/or imprisoned first for his apparent treason to squeak out his Electoral College win), I'll go with Obama in this poll.

Back
Top Bottom