• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has President Trump been more politically successful than Barack Hussein Obama?

Who was more politically successful during their first term as president?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ProgressiveCON

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Barack Obama lost 6 seats in the Senate and lost House during his first term presidency; Trump has only lost the house and gained in the senate, is Trump's agenda more popular than Obama's agenda during their respective first terms?

Last edited:
Barack Obama lost both the Senate and the House during his first term presidency; Trump has only lost the house, is Trump's agenda more popular than Obama's agenda during their respective first terms?

huh? Obama didn't lose the senate until his second term. Also, more people voted against the GOP and Trump in 2018 than they did Obama and the Dems back in 2010.

huh? Obama didn't lose the senate until his second term. Also, more people voted against the GOP and Trump in 2018 than they did Obama and the Dems back in 2010.

You are correct, Democrats kept a majority despite losing 6 seats in 2010, I will correct.

Barack Obama lost 6 seats in the Senate and lost House during his first term presidency; Trump has only lost the house and gained in the senate, is Trump's agenda more popular than Obama's agenda during their respective first terms?

Which one has helped America more.....Well Obama was a complete disaster....Trump we dont know yet.

Let me show you how it is impossible to take your thread seriously:

Barack Hussein Obama (Muslim or Christian)

What does his religion(for which there is zero evidence it might even be Muslim) have to do with anything?

Anyone who uses Obama's middle name when they discuss him commits the Godwin Rule of the 21st Century.

/thread.

Let me show you how it is impossible to take your thread seriously:

What does his religion(for which there is zero evidence it might even be Muslim) have to do with anything?

Think hard, why might Obama have been politically less successful than Trump?

1) Birther movement cost Obama politically

2) Conspiracy theories on his religious beliefs also cost him politically

True or not, these were political issues that plague Obama's first term and affected his political popularity.

His religion is absolutely relevant to his political success, if you don't know, you need this country to believe you are a Christian if you want to get anywhere politically.

Anyone who uses Obama's middle name when they discuss him commits the Godwin Rule of the 21st Century.

/thread.

Did you ever stop to think that having a middle name like Hussein, might have cost Obama voters and harmed him politically? Why wouldn't his middle name be relevant in discussion about why Barack Hussein Obama is more or less popular than Trump?

This is America, having a middle name like Hussein will alienate a lot of racist white voters, and could easily explain why Trump was more politically successful and popular.

Did you ever stop to think that having a middle name like Hussein, might have cost Obama voters and harmed him politically? Why wouldn't his middle name be relevant in discussion about why Barack Hussein Obama is more or less popular than Trump?

This is America, having a middle name like Hussein will alienate a lot of racist white voters, and could easily explain why Trump was more politically successful and popular.

1) Trump is in no way more successful or popular than Obama. Obama was a statesman. Trump is a clown.
2) The only people who cared about what Obama's middle name was were either people who weren't going to vote for him anyway, or political hacks... who weren't going to vote for him anyway.
3) If Trump wants to cater to the racist white vote, he can have them.
4) Anyone who uses Obama's middle name in a discussion about him, probably is one of those folks I described in #2 and who's opinion on Obama is, therefore, irrelevant.

1) Trump is in no way more successful or popular than Obama. Obama was a statesman. Trump is a clown.
2) The only people who cared about what Obama's middle name was were either people who weren't going to vote for him anyway, or political hacks... who weren't going to vote for him anyway.
3) If Trump wants to cater to the racist white vote, he can have them.
4) Anyone who uses Obama's middle name in a discussion about him, probably is one of those folks I described in #2 and who's opinion on Obama is, therefore, irrelevant.

People who voted for Obama and then either voting for Trump, or going for a third party over Hillary. Though let's be honest on the face of it, that was a pretty big **** show for politics in general. Proved that Trump had more popularity to swing, than what nearly every analyst for a majority of the major media corporations could even expect and this was even with all the negative press being swung at him.

Combining 2 & 4, no one that uses Obama's full name should be treated any differently in a political discussion. Simply because they use his full name in the first place. There is no reason in deriding the OPs character as well and frankly, it's probably one of the worst ways to go about with this.

Trump does not uplift the racist in America, no matter how vocal the fraction of the population that they make us is. They are the ones that are uplifting him in all of this, even with how much he, or any other member of the republican party disavows them. I haven't seen him cater to the racist "whites". I've only seen him cater to the people of America and yes, while that group does have racist in it. Using that logic would just as easily allow me to say that Obama catered to the racist blacks and Hillary catered to the Misandrist women.

It just isn't a strong point for debate.

Of course, NOT.

President Trump has been a failure, politically speaking.

That is, he did not know how to say and do the right things in order to get his policies approved and to get his enemies (such as the media) to at least be neutral toward him.

He did not know how to ingratiate himself with Dem bigwigs in order to get some of them on his side.

He did not realize how pathetic most "journalists" are for a little personal recognition from any president. (Invite a journalist to play golf with the Prez, and you will have that journalist in the Prez's pocket for life.)

ON THE OTHER HAND, President Obama was very successful in his first term, politically speaking. (The fact that he won a second term shows that.)

Yes, he was aloof and was unable to establish close relations with the Republicans in Congress.

But his "cool" style impressed many people and, of course, many of his opponents were loath to criticize him because he was, after all, the first American president of his ethnicity, a milestone in America's tortured history.

On the other hand, it could be argued that President Obama's administration set up the nation for the election of the Honorable Donald J. Trump. Those unfortunate events in Florida and Missouri along with the President's and his Attorney General's responses caused great anger among many people who unleashed their feelings when they went to the polls in 2016. (Just as many Dems are breathlessly waiting for 2020 for the chance to unleash their feelings about President Trump's policies and personality!)

Last edited:
Economically successful would be President Trump.
Dog and pony show blue ribbon would be given to barry obozo.

Given the spin, speculation, innuendo and hyperbole from the multimedia echo chamber that Trump faces and that Obama never faced, Obama will always be more politically successful that Trump.

But the issue is irrelevant because Trump has no intention of being politically successful. That's something that politicians desire. It means more money and power for them. That's all Obama wanted.

To me, a better question is this: Who is doing more for the average citizen of the US?

The answer, hands down, is Trump. In less than two years he's done more for Americans than Obama did through 8 years as President and 2 years as Senator.

Is it just me or have we seen recently an abundance of new members who's entire purpose is merely to troll? This thread has two.

Given the spin, speculation, innuendo and hyperbole from the multimedia echo chamber that Trump faces and that Obama never faced, Obama will always be more politically successful that Trump.

But the issue is irrelevant because Trump has no intention of being politically successful. That's something that politicians desire. It means more money and power for them. That's all Obama wanted.

To me, a better question is this: Who is doing more for the average citizen of the US?

The answer, hands down, is Trump. In less than two years he's done more for Americans than Obama did through 8 years as President and 2 years as Senator.

Really I can't name one thing that has gotten better for me or anyone I'm close with.
Actually personally what little savings I will get from the tax cuts were are being eaten up by my expenses becoming higher.
Do you have any real world or anecdotal experiences of someone's life getting better because of something Trump did?

If Obama's failed policies were so good we would have had Granny Scandals as president. As it turns out, she lost a rigged election fraught with collusion and corruption on the dims part, mainly because Obama's policies hurt Americans in their pocketbooks.....bigly. Obama is a community organizer and that is all he know how to do, he has never created wealth by working hard or honestly.

It largely had to do with the GOP having far fewer seats up for election than democrats.GOP only had 9 up for grabs, democrats had 26.

What exactly has Trump done for Americans?Please be specific

Really I can't name one thing that has gotten better for me or anyone I'm close with.
Actually personally what little savings I will get from the tax cuts were are being eaten up by my expenses becoming higher.
Do you have any real world or anecdotal experiences of someone's life getting better because of something Trump did?

Anecdotes? Waste of time. Heck, people lie.

Got to say, though...your expenses are something you could...and should...control.

Which one has helped America more.....Well Obama was a complete disaster

Oh I know, I know. He put DIJON mustard on his hamburgers! DI...BLOODY....JON!!! What kind of a man would do that? Sure, he was handed an economy on the brink of complete collapse, turned it around, and handed his predecessor a great economy that had been steadily increasing for years. Made America respected around the world, brought civility to the country, but what does that matter when he used dijon mustard?

And he wore a TAN suit. TAN! If that doesn't convince you he's a bad bad man, nothing will!

....Trump we dont know yet.

Yeah, he just courts the racist vote, appears to be selling the presidency to anyone who has the money (see Saudis and Russians), is dividing the country for political gain, and is making the USA a laughing stock around the world. But besides that, he's great!

And he doesn't put DIJON MUSTARD on his hamburgers. So that cements it right there.

Last edited:

I don't know. Obama got through his ACA which the people didn't want and made the Democrats pay dearly in 2010. Trump got his tax cuts which most people didn't want, he paid dearly for that in 2018 among other things. Obama did somethings I liked, some I didn't. Trump has done somethings I liked, some I didn't. But Obama was an easy man to like, even if one disagreed with him politically. Trump is very hard to like, differing with him political makes him even more so. His raunchy persona, throwing temper tantrums and calling other names like a five year old kid whose parents forgot to teach him any manners, shows me he doesn't have the demeanor to belong in the oval office. He belongs in the WWE or back on his reality TV show, not the presidency.

He rubs me the wrong way, like being rubbed with coarse sand paper. He also rubbed a bunch of independents the wrong way over the last two years. Then went from supporting him in 2016 by a 46-42 margin to voting against him by a 54-42 margin in 2018. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that hits 60% by 2020.

I'll go with Barack Hussein Obama over Donald Beelzebub Trump (Christian or Satanist). I mean if you are going to derive a phony poll let's go all out.

Back
Top Bottom