• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has no one else figured out Putin is just trying to help Trump in 2024?

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Am I the only one who can see this? Putin is acting out like a spoiled child because he wants Trump back in power. There's just no other way to explain why he'd be so much bolder with Biden in office than Trump. It's just sickening that people in the MSM haven't caught onto this. They don't want to admit it, but their business/ratings were so much better when he was in office so they're all creating this narrative that Putin waited until "weak Biden" was in power to invade Ukraine to help Trump out.

Am I the only one who can see this? Putin is acting out like a spoiled child because he wants Trump back in power. There's just no other way to explain why he'd be so much bolder with Biden in office than Trump. It's just sickening that people in the MSM haven't caught onto this. They don't want to admit it, but their business/ratings were so much better when he was in office so they're all creating this narrative that Putin waited until "weak Biden" was in power to invade Ukraine to help Trump out.
Putin's doing this because he lost, to hurt Biden supporters, and to get Trump back, but I don't believe he is coming back, unless we go Republican in 2022 and think how Putin's trying to hurt us there.

AA:

US politics is not the axis mundi (global rotational centre) of the rest of the world. Your politics are not usually that important to the rest of the world. Stop the navel gazing and pull your head out of your belly button. The world is bigger than US politics, Russian politics, Chinese politics, Indian politics, etc. So take a look around without USA-coloured glasses; and while you're all at it arrest, try and convict former President Trump and his inner circle as domestic enemies of the American state for their roles leading up to and including the events of January 6th, 2021.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Sigh....that is all I got. Maybe I will throw in an ABSURD for good measure.

Sure Putin wants Trump back. THIS mess in Ukraine has nothing to do with that.

Sure he is. If the Trump/Putin puppet show that democrats claim exist, Putin would have marched into Ukraine 5 Years ago, like he did during the Obama administration.

I think there is another explanation -- Putin thought that Trump significantly weakened NATO. That is a bigger reason why Putin gambled on Ukraine.

Obviously, Putin badly miscalculated and Biden has done a very good reinvigorating NATO and holding the alliance together.

AA:

US politics is not the axis mundi (global rotational centre) of the rest of the world. Your politics are not usually that important to the rest of the world. Stop the navel gazing and pull your head out of your belly button. The world is bigger than US politics, Russian politics, Chinese politics, Indian politics, etc. So take a look around without USA-coloured glasses; and while you're all at it arrest, try and convict former President Trump and his inner circle as domestic enemies of the American state for their roles leading up to and including the events of January 6th, 2021.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I think it's possible that Putin was also emboldened by Jan 6. He saw a weakened America on Jan 6 where one political party (the Republicans) no longer believes in democracy.

I think it's possible that Putin was also emboldened by Jan 6. He saw a weakened America on Jan 6 where one political party (the Republicans) no longer believes in democracy.
Have another read of @Evilroddy's post. Exactly what I was thinking regarding the earlier thread postulating a connection between the invasion and 1/6.

As Crovax pointed out, Russian military incursion and occupation/annexation of Georgian and Ukrainian separatist regions occurred in 2008 and 2014. Those are somewhat different from full scale invasion of a sovereign state as a whole, but they're obviously part of the same pattern: US invasions of sovereign states in 2001 and 2003, Russian occupation/annexation of separatist regions in 2008 and 2014, Russian invasion of a sovereign state in 2022. Trying to shoehorn recent American domestic squabbles into that sequence is neither necessary nor persuasive.

At most, having helped Trump secure the presidency may have made it a little more expedient for Putin to wait a few more years and see how things might play out to his advantage, but given that pattern I'd be inclined to suspect that the eventual invasion of Ukraine was, if not a foregone conclusion at least very much on the table as a plausible eventual contingency from its commencement of a NATO Membership Action Plan in 2008 and even moreso after the Euromaiden unrest. Not that I know anything about it all

Wow.

Have another read of @Evilroddy's post. Exactly what I was thinking regarding the earlier thread postulating a connection between the invasion and 1/6.

You might be referring to my thread. I think Jan 6 definitely factored into Putin's thinking regarding his attack on Ukraine. --

Attachments

• ung.png
    ung.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 0
You might be referring to my thread. I think Jan 6 definitely factored into Putin's thinking regarding his attack on Ukraine. --

After Putin's recent, lengthy polemic in which went into excruciating detail about why he was going to invade Ukraine, why would he fail to mention Jan. 6th?

I'm sure he was aware of that event and considered its significance or otherwise... but it was even less of a factor than, say, the Winter Olympics in China which at least seems likely to have influenced the timing of the invasion. Again I ask, what would a United States have done that the Divided States have not? Started WW3 by direct military intervention? I certainly hope not.

It simply doesn't make any clear practical difference to the scenario whether 1/6 occurred or not. It was a big deal for you guys; for the rest of the world, it's really only a big deal if y'all don't make it through the next couple of years/decades with an intact democracy... and even then it would still be little more than a footnote to the rise of American fascism.

Last edited:
After Putin's recent, lengthy polemic in which went into excruciating detail about why he was going to invade Ukraine, why would he fail to mention Jan. 6th?

Why would Putin publicly state that his goal is to take advantage of America's reduced role as a global democracy leader? How would that benefit his long-term strategy to destroy America?

He has an entire political party of idiots in this country (i.e. Trump and the Republicans) that believe him when he says he's America's friend. Why would he do anything to potentially hurt that?

Bruh Putin got way bigger fish to fry right now that who sits in the White House in 2024.

He got his own problems to deal with. Not everything is about us, sometimes it's about HIM.

My my! Trump is still so much in your heads that he is still defeating you. What a fantasy! First you libruls claimed that Trump was colluding with the Russians in 2016 to defeat Hillary, now you are claiming that Putin is waging a war that so far has killed as many as 9000 Russian troops and making him an international pariah just to help Trump in 2024? Wow!

I'm sure he was aware of that event and considered its significance or otherwise... but it was even less of a factor than, say, the Winter Olympics in China which at least seems likely to have influenced the timing of the invasion. Again I ask, what would a United States have done that the Divided States have not? Started WW3 by direct military intervention? I certainly hope not.

It simply doesn't make any clear practical difference to the scenario whether 1/6 occurred or not.
We'll never know for sure, but I do think it's possible that Jan 6 was a factor.

In terms of the US's standing as the global defenders of democracy, Jan 6 was the darkest day in this country's history. I don't think you should be so quick to dismiss that possibility, especially after Russia's role in the 2016 election.

We'll never know for sure, but I do think it's possible that Jan 6 was a factor.

In terms of the US's standing as the global defenders of democracy, Jan 6 was the darkest day in this country's history. I don't think you should be so quick to dismiss that possibility, especially after Russia's role in the 2016 election.
That's not actually true, of course. International governing bodies such as the UN whose formation America had the strongest hand in are explicitly authoritarian/oligarchic with America of course being the one (eg. World Bank) or one of five (United Nations) to hold veto power. On a national scale probably America's only credible rival to date in support for authoritarian regimes and undermining/overthrowing democratic governments would be the USSR. Even domestically American 'democracy' aka plutocracy (particularly over the past decade, but before then as well) could easily be perceived as more of a terrible warning than a good example.

Again, poor governance in America isn't good for the world and it'll be really bad if even the semblance of democracy is buried by authoritarian fascism; but unless and until that happens, 1/6 really isn't all that big of a deal for the rest of us, and it's pretty much just a footnote even if that does happen.

That's not actually true, of course. International governing bodies such as the UN whose formation America had the strongest hand in are explicitly authoritarian/oligarchic with America of course being the one (eg. World Bank) or one of five (United Nations) to hold veto power. On a national scale probably America's only credible rival to date in support for authoritarian regimes and undermining/overthrowing democratic governments would be the USSR. Even domestically American 'democracy' aka plutocracy (particularly over the past decade, but before then as well) could easily be perceived as more of a terrible warning than a good example.

Again, poor governance in America isn't good for the world and it'll be really bad if even the semblance of democracy is buried by authoritarian fascism; but unless and until that happens, 1/6 really isn't all that big of a deal for the rest of us, and it's pretty much just a footnote even if that does happen.

That may be true, but it was a big deal to Putin. Especially when he worked so hard to get Trump elected in 2016.

And Putin's invasion of Ukraine was a much bigger gamble than what he did in Georgia and Crimea. Those two invasions aren't really comparable to Ukraine.

No, there are a lot of people who see what you see, think what you think, and believe what the MSM want's you to believe!

Just like how the MSM (DEMs) released that edited Phone call with Trump and GA's Sec of State! They wanted you to think Trump did something bad!
And just like your frustration in this post " It's just sickening that people in the MSM haven't caught onto this." many people were 110% frustrated
as to why the MSM or DEM did nothing about that phone call that's over a year old !..................

Now think about it!
"IF" Putin wanted to help Trump why not do this in 2 years from now? There's plenty of time to destroy Russia, and make brandon look good!
Here's another take on what Putin did and why/when!
Biden got in Trump was unable to get any of his big cases in to court (The Texas laws suite to the SCOTUS) so Biden is in for 4yrs!
Now go watch the State of Union speech! IF Biden is the best the DEM's got then who wouldn't think this is the best time to F' with America!
Remember Trump destroyed Putin's mercenaries, so Putin know Trump would have fought!

P.S. At the end it was his handlers who said "Go get Him" and Biden repeated it LOL

No, there are a lot of people who see what you see, think what you think, and believe what the MSM want's you to believe!

Just like how the MSM (DEMs) released that edited Phone call with Trump and GA's Sec of State! They wanted you to think Trump did something bad!
And just like your frustration in this post " It's just sickening that people in the MSM haven't caught onto this." many people were 110% frustrated
as to why the MSM or DEM did nothing about that phone call that's over a year old !..................

Now think about it!
"IF" Putin wanted to help Trump why not do this in 2 years from now? There's plenty of time to destroy Russia, and make brandon look good!
Here's another take on what Putin did and why/when!
Biden got in Trump was unable to get any of his big cases in to court (The Texas laws suite to the SCOTUS) so Biden is in for 4yrs!
Now go watch the State of Union speech! IF Biden is the best the DEM's got then who wouldn't think this is the best time to F' with America!
Remember Trump destroyed Putin's mercenaries, so Putin know Trump would have fought!

P.S. At the end it was his handlers who said "Go get Him" and Biden repeated it LOL

Every time the dems say a republican, and particularly Trump did something wrong, the democrat faithful jump on board. Have democrats ever wondered why none of those claims ever produced any proof. No charges ever filed, except by the democrat controlled House? All those federal DA's that were after Trump never filed a charge? It's all propaganda because the democrat party is the party of shame, race baiting, hate, CRT, crime and violence, blame the police for crime, tell criminals they aren't to blame, let em out of jail, put em back on the street.
Now we have a dem in the White House and we have record inflation, record gas prices, are in a global conflict, millions of illegals and many with criminal records streaming across our southern border. But we are worried about wind and solar which will never produce enough energy to run the country, and we put so many regulations on producing oil and gas that we are buying from Russia. Biden's friend. Biden begged him to produce more oil.
Doesn't all this sound a bit out of place?

If so, I don't Trump is making the best of it.

Every time the dems say a republican, and particularly Trump did something wrong, the democrat faithful jump on board. Have democrats ever wondered why none of those claims ever produced any proof. No charges ever filed, except by the democrat controlled House? All those federal DA's that were after Trump never filed a charge? It's all propaganda because the democrat party is the party of shame, race baiting, hate, CRT, crime and violence, blame the police for crime, tell criminals they aren't to blame, let em out of jail, put em back on the street.
Now we have a dem in the White House and we have record inflation, record gas prices, are in a global conflict, millions of illegals and many with criminal records streaming across our southern border. But we are worried about wind and solar which will never produce enough energy to run the country, and we put so many regulations on producing oil and gas that we are buying from Russia. Biden's friend. Biden begged him to produce more oil.
Doesn't all this sound a bit out of place?

There is plenty of proof. And indeed, most of his supporters, except the most demented ones, don't even argue Trump is innocent of charges. They simply revel in his getting away with it.

Back
Top Bottom