• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has ISIS Finally Awoken the Giant?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
This should wake up the moderate Muslims.

U.N. Rights Boss Calls Bombing Near Saudi Holy Mosque An Attack On Islam

Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein, the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights and a member of the Jordanian royal family, delivered his remarks via a spokesman in Geneva.

“This is one of the holiest sites in Islam, and for such an attack to take place there, during Ramadan, can be considered a direct attack on Muslims all across the world,” he said, referring to the Islamic holy month.

“It is an attack on the religion itself.”

Militant attacks on Medina are unprecedented.

I was hoping these morons would step over the line. I guess it came sooner than expected.

I suspect if they loose the tacit support from the Islamic population at large, their cause would not be sustainable.

Absolutely. This is the worst thing they could have done for their cause. Bomb a holy site during a holy month. Especially on the last day of it. :)

I doubt it will change much except that more money will be funneled into he fight against ISIS. ISIS has been killing Muslims since day 1 of their rise, nothing new there.

Nail on the head. I suspect nothing really changes. Maybe they'll give us the political runaround, but nothing will change.

Back
Top Bottom