• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Has Dean completely lost his mind?

Has Dean completely lost his mind?

• No

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No he's been nuts now for a while.

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
He actually came out and said that race played a roll in the Katrina disaster, I'll look for the exact quote and post it. Sorry dixiecrats the Reps have been on the right side of the race issue since Lincoln. It's called the truth, look into it.

Are you saying that the republican party today holds the same ideals as the republican party in Lincoln's time? And are you honestly saying that the majority of republicans respect and treat African American's equally?

V.I. Lenin said:
Are you saying that the republican party today holds the same ideals as the republican party in Lincoln's time? And are you honestly saying that the majority of republicans respect and treat African American's equally?

Can you provide an example of how they do not?

Not a solid journalistic report, but when I moved to the USA it was to a small town in upstate NY, and it was a very largely republican community, and we had very few African American's, and those we had were made fun of, yelled at, and teased by people who largely claimed to be republican.

As for the first question, no I can't, thats why I asked.

Dean is the best thing to happen to the Republican Party in many a year.......

Navy Pride said:
Dean is the best thing to happen to the Republican Party in many a year.......

Well, this is true.

V.I. Lenin said:
Not a solid journalistic report, but when I moved to the USA it was to a small town in upstate NY, and it was a very largely republican community, and we had very few African American's, and those we had were made fun of, yelled at, and teased by people who largely claimed to be republican.

As for the first question, no I can't, thats why I asked.

For the record we love African AMericans if it was up to me Powell would be president and again for the record REPS hate Commies,

Then why is it that I only see Republicans in our (African American) community in election years?......I saw Bush in Black churches twice....during both election campaigns of his and not before or since...that being said though I dont think that this is a race issue....it's a poverty one

Surenderer said:
Then why is it that I only see Republicans in our (African American) community in election years?......I saw Bush in Black churches twice....during both election campaigns of his and not before or since...that being said though I dont think that this is a race issue....it's a poverty one

actions speak louder than words.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
He actually came out and said that race played a roll in the Katrina disaster, I'll look for the exact quote and post it. Sorry dixiecrats the Reps have been on the right side of the race issue since Lincoln. It's called the truth, look into it.
Here it is and it is disgraceful and a blantant political attempt to split the country apart for the political gain of the Democrat party.

[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman] Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2005 11:00 p.m. EDT[/FONT] [FONT=Courier, Times New Roman]Dean: Race Played a Role in Katrina Deaths[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman] Race was a factor in the death toll from Hurricane Katrina, Howard Dean told members of the National Baptist Convention of America on Wednesday at the group's annual meeting. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman]Dean, chairman of the democratic party, made the comments to the Baptists' Political and Social Justice Commission. The Baptist Convention, with an estimated 3.5 million members, is one of the largest black religious groups in the country. [/FONT] [FONT=Courier, Times New Roman]"We must ... come to terms with the ugly truth that skin color, age and economics played a deadly role in who survived and who did not," Dean said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman]Dean said Americans have a moral responsibility to not ignore the devastating damage caused by Hurricane Katrina when it struck the Gulf Coast. [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman]The former presidential candidate said the government will be judged by how it treats the old, the young and the poor. [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman]"People are poor in different parts of the country. They are not refugees. They are Americans," he said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman]Dean said that instead of considering proposed estate tax breaks, the senate should channel the money into disaster relief. [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman]"Shall we give that to the wealthiest people in the country, or should we rebuild New Orleans?" Dean said. [/FONT]

Full story on NewsMax

Even worse the Democrats tried to use this disaster to raise money.

Democrats' anti-Bush petition also seeks political contributions
By DEVLIN BARRETT
Associated Press Writer

September 8, 2005, 4:13 PM EDT

WASHINGTON -- A new Democratic effort to whip up indignation about the Bush administration's handling of Hurricane Katrina also tried to raise money for Democratic candidates.

Sen. Charles Schumer, a New York Democrat and the head of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, issued an appeal Thursday urging people to sign an online petition to fire the head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency over his handling of the Katrina response.

TRAJAN LISTEN UP. Your doing the same thing you did before. You cannot honestly compare the republicans of about two centuries ago to the republicans now. If I lived in the 1800s I would be a republican. Stop using Abraham Lincoln, who was a great american and a noble leader as a good example of a republican nowadays.

If todays Republicans have been on the side of African Americans then why is it almost none of them vote for Republicans?

Because the Democrats like to play the race card at every chance they get and it's sickening.

Really though, No party today is representative of what they used to be. Both parties are extreme right or extreme left.

Dean is a nut, but repub have nuts such as Santorum as well.

Dean opens mouth inserts foot again:

Dean Denounces Timing of Rehnquist’s Death

September 9, 2005

Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean complained that the timing of Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist’s death was “highly suspicious.”

“Last year, Reagan conveniently died just in time to take attention away from Bush’s failed Iraq War and boost Bush’s chances for reelection,” said Dean. “Now, in the midst of Bush’s failure to prevent the extermination of downtrodden, minority New Orleans’ hurricane victims, Justice Rehnquist conveniently dies. Am I the only one who sees a pattern here?”

Dean charged that presidential advisor Karl Rove was masterminding these strategically timed deaths of conservative icons. “Not only do these deaths distract Americans from Bush’s blunders, they also serve as a cover for Rove’s nefarious scheme to suppress Democratic voter turnout in next year’s Congressional elections by evacuating New Orleans hurricane victims to other states,” claimed Dean.

Dean demanded that the Democratic Party be authorized to cast absentee ballots on behalf of the evacuated hurricane victims. “These dispersed people are mostly poor and uneducated,” said Dean. “Many are on welfare. Others are driven to a life of crime. These are the people the Democratic Party represents. Who could object to us casting their ballots for them during this time of turmoil?”

Dean said he will be working with key members of Congress to draft enabling legislation.

http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens1.htm

Howard Dean is awesome! I understand he is a bit over-zealous at times, but what the hell, risk is the spice of life! IMO the Democrats had an inkling that they would lose in 2008 if Dean ran, so they decided to make him DNC chairmain, and made him promise he would'nt run again.

September 9, 2005

Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean complained that the timing of Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist’s death was “highly suspicious.”

“Last year, Reagan conveniently died just in time to take attention away from Bush’s failed Iraq War and boost Bush’s chances for reelection,” said Dean. “Now, in the midst of Bush’s failure to prevent the extermination of downtrodden, minority New Orleans’ hurricane victims, Justice Rehnquist conveniently dies. Am I the only one who sees a pattern here?”

Dean charged that presidential advisor Karl Rove was masterminding these strategically timed deaths of conservative icons. “Not only do these deaths distract Americans from Bush’s blunders, they also serve as a cover for Rove’s nefarious scheme to suppress Democratic voter turnout in next year’s Congressional elections by evacuating New Orleans hurricane victims to other states,” claimed Dean.

Dean demanded that the Democratic Party be authorized to cast absentee ballots on behalf of the evacuated hurricane victims. “These dispersed people are mostly poor and uneducated,” said Dean. “Many are on welfare. Others are driven to a life of crime. These are the people the Democratic Party represents. Who could object to us casting their ballots for them during this time of turmoil?”

Dean said he will be working with key members of Congress to draft enabling legislation.

Thats a joke right? Did you even bother to see where you took that from? Semi-news for conservatives? What the ****?

SixStringHero said:
Because the Democrats like to play the race card at every chance they get and it's sickening.
Ah, so you are saying that African-Americans are so stupid that they go by what Democrats say for them rather than what repugnicans do against them?
Really though, No party today is representative of what they used to be. Both parties are extreme right or extreme left.
You need to get a clue. There is no "extreme left" in the US. "Left" in the rest of the world means talking about abolishing property right, of complete equalization of wealth etc.

In the US, there is a moderate right and a radical right.

Navy Pride said:
Ah, yes. AZConservative. And Semmen's "semi-news"? The guy who write in the conservative militia sources? The conservative version of "The Onion." Good joke. Funny political comedy of satire. So?

OH, MY GOD!!!! You thought it was REAL, didn't you? Oh, I feel so sorry for you.

Last edited:
steen said:
Ah, yes. AZConservative. And Semmen's "semi-news"? The guy who write in the conservative militia sources? The conservative version of "The Onion." Good joke. Funny political comedy of satire. So?

OH, MY GOD!!!! You thought it was REAL, didn't you? Oh, I feel so sorry for you.

I'm sorry. I have nothing to add to the debate except to say this is really funny. :rofl

"You need to get a clue. There is no "extreme left" in the US. "Left" in the rest of the world means talking about abolishing property right, of complete equalization of wealth etc.

In the US, there is a moderate right and a radical right."

^

LOL
You have got to be kidding me! There's no extreme left in this country? What the hell is Dean, Kennedy, Boxer, Air America and Michael Moore?

They are hardly moderates. I'm not partisan, nor am I a conservative or liberal, but you seem to be another brainwashed sycophant ideologue if you could actually believe that and post it with a straight face.

Navy Pride said:

September 9, 2005

http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens1.htm
Are you really this stupid? Even you are not this dumb, right? This is a made up story, a joke. How can anyone be so damn dumb?

I've never considered you an intellectual, and I've always thought your posts were bullshit, but this one is near the top of the "stupid chain."

How dumb is someone who reads a column that is obviously a joke and takes it for truth? Can anyone be any stupider?

Good going Pride! What a foolish post!

Hey, next time, why not cite "The Globe" as your source? I'm sure they must have a story about Howard Dean's body being snatched by Aliens who are forcing him to become a Republican....:rofl

"Ah, so you are saying that African-Americans are so stupid that they go by what Democrats say for them rather than what repugnicans do against them?"

^
Please enlighten me, what have the "repugnicans" done against?

I never said they are too stupid that they go for what Democrats tell them either.

There are many African-American Republicans as well. Why most of them are not conservative doesn't really concern me, but when you have black leaders in the community playing the race card such as Jackson and Sharpton, people could relate to that, and that's what they see and hear and believe.

steen said:

I have to say that for anyone to be so immensely stupid as to believe that column was real and not a joke is beyond the realm of reality.

It does go to show you how someone is so BLINDED by hate that they WANT to believe every piece of bullshit that is out there, and wants to believe it so badly that what little common sense they have is obliterated by their prejudice.:doh

For fun we should start a poll with that stupid story and see how many geniuses in this community believe it to be true like Navy Pride did? :rofl

OMG - This is so funny, I can't stop laughing at anyone who would think it was a serious piece. AMAZING!:lol:

SixStringHero said:
There are many African-American Republicans as well.
Oh really? How many, approximately? According to the Washington Post only 12% of American Blacks voted for Bush. They say that American Blacks are THE MOST LOYAL of all Democratic voters. So please, please enlighten us and show us that, using your words, "There are many African-American Republicans." C'mon, prove it...I think you're very, very wrong:
One reason that Russert and others reacted with such surprise may have been that White's comments didn't fit the political stereotype of African Americans, a group that is more loyal in its support of Democratic candidates than any other demographic group. ...

In the deep south states, the divide was even more pronounced. In Alabama, for instance, 80 percent of whites voted for Bush while 91 percent of blacks went for Kerry. The divide was less pronounced nationally, with 58 percent of whites voting for Bush and 88 percent of blacks voting Kerry.
Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/01/10/AR2005033100897_pf.html

Last edited:
Stinger said:
Here it is and it is disgraceful and a blantant political attempt to split the country apart for the political gain of the Democrat party.

[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman] Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2005 11:00 p.m. EDT[/FONT] [FONT=Courier, Times New Roman]Dean: Race Played a Role in Katrina Deaths[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman] Race was a factor in the death toll from Hurricane Katrina, Howard Dean told members of the National Baptist Convention of America on Wednesday at the group's annual meeting. [/FONT]

Dean, chairman of the democratic party, made the comments to the Baptists' Political and Social Justice Commission. The Baptist Convention, with an estimated 3.5 million members, is one of the largest black religious groups in the country. "We must ... come to terms with the ugly truth that skin color, age and economics played a deadly role in who survived and who did not," Dean said.
I agree with Dean 100%! I believe that had this same event occurred in a mostly White community Bush and his cronies would have had a swifter and more rapid response.

Bush's policies have been anti-poor since his days as Texas Governor so it is painfully obvious to me that his priorities for blacks are much less than his priorities for his political ass kissing colleagues.

Back
Top Bottom