• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has California's "Sanctuary State" status ruined the state?

mrdeltoid

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I was taken aback at the impact illegal aliens have had on Cali. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton in 1974 and Cali was , well, I thought awesome. This is so sad. Here's the question, do you think Brown will ever reverse his position ?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...n-nightmare/&usg=AOvVaw3fHWzfIsy5rrPsqiV3MmmK

While California accounts for 12 percent of America’s population, it accounts for one-third of America’s welfare checks. California leads the country in food stamp use. California has more people on welfare than most countries around the world.
But I thought immigration made us more prosperous?
Homelessness is exploding in California — with tent encampments overrunning schools, businesses and upscale neighborhoods. California is now home to 22 percent of this nation’s homeless population.

Oh boy another 'Blue States sux' thread. Trumpsters seem to have an awful inferiority complex.. Maybe they all have small 'hands' like their leader.

Anyway California has the 5th largest economy in the world!!!

Game-Set-Match...

I was taken aback at the impact illegal aliens have had on Cali. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton in 1974 and Cali was , well, I thought awesome. This is so sad. Here's the question, do you think Brown will ever reverse his position ?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...n-nightmare/&usg=AOvVaw3fHWzfIsy5rrPsqiV3MmmK

While California accounts for 12 percent of America’s population, it accounts for one-third of America’s welfare checks. California leads the country in food stamp use. California has more people on welfare than most countries around the world.
Homelessness is exploding in California — with tent encampments overrunning schools, businesses and upscale neighborhoods. California is now home to 22 percent of this nation’s homeless population.

Why are you bitching about California? That state is already subsidizing red states.

Why are you bitching about California? That state is already subsidizing red states.

and taking on their economic refugees, as seen by the number of homeless and poor living there.

What are you talking about? I asked a question. If you're afraid to answer, fine, but don't respond by setting up a strawman.

What are you talking about? I asked a question. If you're afraid to answer, fine, but don't respond by setting up a strawman.

You're bitching about California being poor when in fact it's a subsidizer of red states. If you are currently living in a red state then chances are that the Federal assistance you're receiving is coming from Californians. So rather than insulting California perhaps you should be thanking them (assuming, of course, that you live in a red state that isn't Texas).

Oh boy another 'Blue States sux' thread. Trumpsters seem to have an awful inferiority complex.. Maybe they all have small 'hands' like their leader.

Anyway California has the 5th largest economy in the world!!!

Game-Set-Match...

So, you answered a question nobody asked. Are you disputing the facts of the article? The numbers come from the census bureau.

You're bitching about California being poor when in fact it's a subsidizer of red states. If you are currently living in a red state then chances are that the Federal assistance you're receiving is coming from Californians. So rather than insulting California perhaps you should be thanking them (assuming, of course, that you live in a red state that isn't Texas).

First of all I live in Maryland. A very blue state. Second, I'm not "complaining about California". They can harbor all illegals if they want. All I did was post an article with a bunch of facts about Cali, and asked if you think Jerry Brown will reverse the sanctuary status because of all the problems it's caused. I'm a comfortable 3000 miles from it.:2wave: I notice you still haven't answered the question.;)

First of all I live in Maryland. A very blue state. Second, I'm not "complaining about California". They can harbor all illegals if they want. All I did was post an article with a bunch of facts about Cali, and asked if you think Jerry Brown will reverse the sanctuary status because of all the problems it's caused. I'm a comfortable 3000 miles from it.:2wave: I notice you still haven't answered the question.;)

You said, "But I thought immigration made us more prosperous?" which neglects that it's the world's 5th largest economy and the biggest subsidizer of other states. Your post is framed in such a way as to eliminate those facts.

You said, "But I thought immigration made us more prosperous?" which neglects that it's the world's 5th largest economy and the biggest subsidizer of other states. Your post is framed in such a way as to eliminate those facts.

I never said that. It's a blurb from the article . Did you even read it?

You linked the article and you posted that 'blurb' from the article. That means you own it.

THe fact is California has the fifth largest economy in the world. So yes they are prosperous and yes they must be doing something right.

1)You didn't put the blurb in quotes, so there was no indication it wasn't your own thought.
2)You presented it as if it represented your position. Does it represent your position or not?

Its Leftist policies that have turned the "Golden State" into the "S**t Brown State," and they want to do it to the rest of America as well.

Except it's not a strawman. We ARE subsidizing EVERY SINGLE red state out there except MAYBE Texas.
This is "another blue states suck" thread, an obvious troll thread. You hate California? Here's your sign.

welcometoca.jpg

PS: We account for a third of the homeless, welfare and food stamps because (A) the weather is a magnet, and (B) we have almost 40 million population.
But it's no match for the OTHER TWO thirds in welfare and food stamps...you can start with Kentucky and work your way down from there.

Obvious troll thread is OBVIOUS.

No, it hasn't ruined the state. Tent encampments aren't overrunning anything.

Next purposeless, asinine question, please.

I grew up in Bethesda, you don't sound like a typical Maryland native, unless we're talking about Waldorf.

View attachment 67246734

Jerry Brown won't be the Governor after January 7th anymore, he's termed out.
Try to keep up with the times.

You have posted here before.....

By the way, how's that razzle dazzle DC Metro system lately? I heard it was the absolute worst in the world.

I moved away from Maryland before the first DC Metro was even in operation, but maybe I'm lucky to have never experienced it, seeing as my entire family are New Yorkers, all except for us - Dad worked for the Pentagon.

I know subways are supposed to work. I ride the LA Metro every now and then, not bad.

Its Leftist policies that have turned the "Golden State" into the "S**t Brown State," and they want to do it to the rest of America as well.

Because, after all, if there are a lot of Hispanics in California, that makes it the "S**t Brown State" even if it is the fifth largest economy in the world, right?

1)You didn't put the blurb in quotes, so there was no indication it wasn't your own thought.
2)You presented it as if it represented your position. Does it represent your position or not?

Even though you keep ducking and dodging the question I posted, I' WILL answer yours. Yes, I agree with the stats from the census Bureau, and I don't think it has improved California's living conditions.

You linked the article and you posted that 'blurb' from the article. That means you own it.

THe fact is California has the fifth largest economy in the world. So yes they are prosperous and yes they must be doing something right.

They also lead the nation in debt with 1.5 trillion state and local debt. They must also be doing something wrong.

By the way, how's that razzle dazzle DC Metro system lately? I heard it was the absolute worst in the world.

I moved away from Maryland before the first DC Metro was even in operation, but maybe I'm lucky to have never experienced it, seeing as my entire family are New Yorkers, all except for us - Dad worked for the Pentagon.

I know subways are supposed to work. I ride the LA Metro every now and then, not bad.

Last year violent crime dropped 19% to 1,200 something on the metro. In the mean time, Baltimore and DC continue to be a war zone. You're not missing much.

Back
Top Bottom