• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Has anyone's mind actually changed about who they intend to vote for?

That's what makes your support all the more shocking :shrug:

People claiming to be sensible who support Trump are simply not being sensible.

I'm sorry but its true. :shrug:

Supporting the man clearly shows you're willing to throw a lot of sense out the window.

Thanks for providing a clear example of what RetireNSmilin was talking about. Just can't help yourself can you?

I've read a number of threads in the Forum about Trump, Hillary, and the other third party candidates; but I wonder, has anyone actually changed their mind about who they intend to vote for?

I mean we have hardcore Hillary supporters putting up every kind of "he's unfit for office" attack they can muster from the media.

Then we have hardcore supporters of Trump responding in kind with every "she's unfit for office" factoid they can procure.

Meanwhile we have the third party die-hards, hoping this will be the first time in American history a third-party candidate can win (as if that's a new idea) plugging away by pointing out how everyone hates BOTH Trump and Hillary.

But has anyone really changed their position on their candidate, and switched? I know I haven't.

Have you? If not, why? If so, from whom to whom and how did it come about?

Sure.

I was going to vote for Bernie (did in the caucuses) but now I'll have to vote for Trump.

It's a pragmatic decision. It's the only chance of stopping Hillary and I figure four years of Trump will not do as much damage as eight years of Hillary.

Besides, I can't stand Hillary.

Of course you know that no border is 100% secure and if we want to stop illegal immigration we need to work on the REASONS these people are so desperate to come here.

Since we can't fix Mexico, being another country and everything then maybe if we destroyed our economy and turn our country into a third world ****hole that would change their minds.

Last edited:
Thanks for providing a clear example of what RetireNSmilin was talking about. Just can't help yourself can you?

If American life has become so sheltered, so in a bubble and so surreal that the population of the richest most powerful country would actually consider this buffoon as an acceptable leader, then yes, I can't help myself because I still can't believe it.

Sometimes you need someone from outside your bubble to pop it.

Voting for the man is an exercise in throwing all sense out the window, and if that being pointed out to you, makes the bubble stronger, the problem is not the person pointing it out, its the person inside the bubble.

I've read a number of threads in the Forum about Trump, Hillary, and the other third party candidates; but I wonder, has anyone actually changed their mind about who they intend to vote for?

I mean we have hardcore Hillary supporters putting up every kind of "he's unfit for office" attack they can muster from the media.

Then we have hardcore supporters of Trump responding in kind with every "she's unfit for office" factoid they can procure.

Meanwhile we have the third party die-hards, hoping this will be the first time in American history a third-party candidate can win (as if that's a new idea) plugging away by pointing out how everyone hates BOTH Trump and Hillary.

But has anyone really changed their position on their candidate, and switched? I know I haven't.

Well I guess I can say I have. But that could change again I guess.
I was definitely going 3rd party it wasn't even a question but now I'm probably voting Hilary even though I'm not a fan. Ask me again when it gets closer maybe it will be third party again.

Nope

Trumps views on legalization of cannabis have not changed, add that hard ass VP pick of his in the mix, this Ohio voter {swing state) is still voting for Hilldog.

Nope

Trumps views on legalization of cannabis have not changed, add that hard ass VP pick of his in the mix, this Ohio voter {swing state) is still voting for Hilldog.

Hilldog doesn't support legalization.

Hilldog doesn't support legalization.[/QUOT

Trump has flip flopped 3 times on this issue. He gets no love from me

Hildog supports moving cannabis to schedule 2 to allow more medical research into the plants benefits. Yup, this swing state voter is for Hilldog.

Bernie solidly.

Then Clinton made material platform concessions when Bernie lost, so Hillary.

Then the e-mail leak confirmed systemic, top level corruption in the DNC that in all probability stole the nomination from Bernie, so probably Jill Stein.

I may ultimately default to Clinton despite my now complete aversion to her and the DNC if only due to the Justices, because whether I like it or not, the SCOTUS factually has immense power, and the appointments made now will echo in eternity.

Last edited:
Hilldog doesn't support legalization.[/QUOT

Trump has flip flopped 3 times on this issue. He gets no love from me

Hildog supports moving cannabis to schedule 2 to allow more medical research into the plants benefits. Yup, this swing state voter is for Hilldog.

Which is a position she has flip flopped on.

I was thinking third party originally. I knew both parties were owned by the same rich and powerful and I was tired of voting for their man R or D.

I did not take Trump seriously at first and was waiting to see what he was about.

I knew Hillary was corrupt, bought and paid for by the rich and powerful, a true party puppet. Clearly a vote for her would only widen the gap between the rich and the poor while continuing to destroying the middle class.

I figured out Trump was using the media who normally ignored candidates they did not own and started listening to what he was saying. A lot of what he said made sense. Once the media called his idea of securing our borders crazy I knew he was not bought and paid for. Not securing our border is what is crazy. Then they made fun of him for wanting to make better deals for the American people crazy as well. I knew then he was making sense and the powers that be were trying to derail him. More proof he is truly a candidate of the people so I am now supporting Trump.

My position could change again. My vote will be for the best person. I hope I will never become a voter that will vote for prejudice reason such as party, gender, color of skin, religion, and so on.

Since we can't fix Mexico, being another country and everything then maybe if we destroyed our economy and turn our country into a third world ****hole that would change their minds.

The reason Mexicans come here is that there are jobs waiting for them. Don't you think that can be fixed without destroying our economy? You aren't thinking if you do. They will find a way to get here if we keep giving them jobs....Trump does it all the time, invites illegals to come here so he can get cheap labor and then tells you he is going to build a stupid wall.

The reason Mexicans come here is that there are jobs waiting for them. Don't you think that can be fixed without destroying our economy? You aren't thinking if you do. They will find a way to get here if we keep giving them jobs....Trump does it all the time, invites illegals to come here so he can get cheap labor and then tells you he is going to build a stupid wall.

We should let them come legally with visas. Illegally, not so much.

At this point, I'm fairly certain I've changed my mind from staying at home to voting against Trump (aka, drink a few glasses of whiskey, hold my nose, vote for Clinton, then go home and cry myself to sleep).

He's that bad. He cannot be allowed to become President.

Its not about changing the minds of the firmly entrenched; its about wooing those that have yet to pay attention.

The only "committed" votes at play right now are those that say they will vote for Johnson or Stein. Right now, most of those are romantic votes. As the election gets closer to the day (and if it gets closer in the race), many to most of those votes will move to Clinton or Trump. 3rd party candidates rarely do as well as the polling forecasts.

Why Polls on Third-Party Candidates Aren't Always Accurate

I haven't decided yet. I keep on waiting for Trump to give me a reason to vote for him. If he doesn't then I'll probably go with Johnson but Hillary isn't out of the question. To me this election has boiled down to voting for the lesser of three evils and I'm really undecided as to who that is.

That's what makes your support all the more shocking :shrug:

People claiming to be sensible who support Trump are simply not being sensible.

I'm sorry but its true. :shrug:

Supporting the man clearly shows you're willing to throw a lot of sense out the window.

One would have to ask themselves the following question. If voting for a business man who is worth billions and has a loving family and a lot of other accomplishments to tout, is such a mistake, what does a mistake like voting for Hillary, a woman who is so inept that she is responsible for the lives of the men lost at Benghazi, she is so unintelligent she doesn't know how to work a home email system, she has such a wonderful family that her husband cheated on her in the white house (not once or even twice) and she's made her money mostly by talking about making money, not physically building anything or creating even one job. All I can say is that the irony of what you are saying is obvious to many.

Back
Top Bottom