• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Has anyone's mind actually changed about who they intend to vote for?

Okay, so you aren't backing a third party.

So who do you intend to vote for now and why did you choose that candidate?

Perhaps you are still uncommitted? Or have no intention of voting?

i like people who dont vote a lot more than people who are going to vote for a 3rd party. 50% of americans aren't going to vote at all in november why not join them?

Cheaper than cheap labor. Illegals can't complain if you offer them below lawful minimum wages or market wages.

Meanwhile...as per my OP; have you changed your mind about who you intend to vote for?

no I am Canadian....we just switch our parties around every few years and bitch about whomever is currently in power

mostly we just vote out a party not really vote in

nothing changes much with any one of the three, both conservatives and liberals have demonstrated they are corrupt and would throw their own members under the bus when it serves them

as long as we maintain a democracy I am happy

I am socially left and fiscally conservative but I have voted for all three parties at one time or another, I am not partisan and vote for whomever I feel will best serve my interest at the time

so then wouldn't it make sense to let just them all become citizens?

No, then they would not only be able to demand a fair wage, they are also entitled to all of the social welfare programs paid for by citizen taxes. But that is for another sub-forum.

So you are not going to vote. That's fair.

no I am Canadian....we just switch our parties around every few years and bitch about whomever is currently in power

Canada has parliamentary elections though, so its a whole different ball game :lol:

No, then they would not only be able to demand a fair wage, they are also entitled to all of the social welfare programs paid for by citizen taxes. But that is for another sub-forum.

So you are not going to vote. That's fair.

so if anyone is in favor of illegal immigration its you because you want cheap labor but you dont want them to have any welfare

what your against is legal immigration

From the Economist - The Republican Party, Past & Future Trumps

Excerpt:
The party is nominating someone who is not a Republican in any recognisable form. Instead, Mr Trump combines traditions that Republicans and Democrats have at times flirted with, only to reject them when in government. One of these is populism, which in America usually means making promises to improve the livelihoods of blue-collar workers by protecting them from foreign competition, whether that comes in the form of immigration or trade.

20160716_FBC075.png

The rapidly increasing racial diversity of the electorate between then and now has turned this from a losing strategy into a winning one. McGovern did better with working women than men and better with professionals than with blue-collar workers. This, too, made him a loser in 1972 but provided the template for Democratic victories in 2008 and 2012. Polls suggest that Hillary Clinton may be the first Democratic presidential candidate for at least 60 years to win a majority of white voters with college degrees (see chart 2).

20160716_FBC069.png

Speaking at a recycling plant in Pennsylvania in June, he said that American workers had been betrayed by politicians and financiers, who “took away from the people their means of making a living and supporting their families”.

This is a complete reversal of Republican orthodoxy of the past 30 years, which has mixed openness to trade and an impulse to cut entitlement spending with conservative stances on social issues. Anyone who thinks that the party will revert to that orthodoxy if Mr Trump loses wasn’t paying enough attention during the primaries, which suggested that registered Republicans are, on the whole, less interested in government-shrinking and values-voting than their elected representatives are.

20160716_FBC072.png

Well, after Bernie lost the New York Primary, I kinda lost all hope and was initially considering casting my vote for Trump, as I felt that would be better than voting for Hillary Clinton (who I despise), but I quickly decided against it and decided to go for a third party candidate instead.

You realize that is still essentially a vote for Hillary, right?

Excerpt:

So what is the point of your charts? That uneducated white men loved Bill Clinton?

Excerpt:

So far, have not changed my mind.

I'm delighted to be able to cast a "Let's Vote the Bums Out" ballot in November. I'm hoping both parties get a loud and clear message from the American people that we're sick of both of them. A vote for Trump is the closest opportunity to send that message that we've had in years.

But have you chosen anyone else, if so why? Or are you still un-committed at the present time?

I'm an Independent with no party affiliation, have tried to keep an open mind on both candidates although I had negative biases against both candidates from the beginning, but have seen enough of Trump to be in the never Trump camp. Choosing the lesser of two evils in Hilary. I think the Bloomberg speech at the DNC last night sort of sealed my feelings on it.

I've read a number of threads in the Forum about Trump, Hillary, and the other third party candidates; but I wonder, has anyone actually changed their mind about who they intend to vote for?

I mean we have hardcore Hillary supporters putting up every kind of "he's unfit for office" attack they can muster from the media.

Then we have hardcore supporters of Trump responding in kind with every "she's unfit for office" factoid they can procure.

Meanwhile we have the third party die-hards, hoping this will be the first time in American history a third-party candidate can win (as if that's a new idea) plugging away by pointing out how everyone hates BOTH Trump and Hillary.

But has anyone really changed their position on their candidate, and switched? I know I haven't.

Have you? If not, why? If so, from whom to whom and how did it come about?
I'm less likely to vote for Johnson but I still wouldn't rule it out.

To the bolded;

Understood, but I would try my best to not let other's poor behaviour influence my political decisions.

But it sounds like you're still leaning to Trump on your own volition, and I can respect that. I looked hard at him, myself.

Yeah, there's a LOT OF HATRED for people who support Trump without even considering "why" people support Trump. While I see the occasional insult hurled to a Hillary supporter it pales in comparison to the invective, bile, and vitriol shown to Trump supporters. Trump isn't an ideal candidate but the Hillary supporters seem to think she is a Goddess.

When I see articles in Newspaper's saying that a Trump presidency is more dangerous to world stability than OPEN WARFARE WITH CHINA then I come to the conclusion that the MSM is not to be trusted. And this is after the months and months of enduring "Trump is a fascist who will put brown people in gas chambers just like HITLER". The hyperbole by the MSM is just so over the top.

I am just lost. Seriously.

WE, THE SHEEPLE

So far, have not changed my mind.

I'm delighted to be able to cast a "Let's Vote the Bums Out" ballot in November. I'm hoping both parties get a loud and clear message from the American people that we're sick of both of them. A vote for Trump is the closest opportunity to send that message that we've had in years.

Then be prepared to accept the consequences. What consequences? Those that occur when totally inept people are elected to govern us.

You are "playing with politics" just because you are upset with the political alternatives. (Who isn't upset, btw?)

Perhaps you'd prefer someone who "walked on water"? The American people have consistently looked at the PotUS as some sort of God who would lead America to the Promised Land, without the slightest regard for our Tripartite System of Governance (the Executive, the Legislative and the Judicial).

All three elements have to work together and we have seen these past years how any one of them can throw a monkey-wrench onto the gears of governance.

My point: If we really 'n truly want Better Governance then we will have to change American mentalities regarding the individuals we elect to high office. If the Replicants use the HofR and the Senate to hinder a PotUS who is trying to employ stimulus-spending to ignite Demand and thus Consumption and thus Production and thus Employment, then a nation gets what it deserves, ie, Employment Stagnation.

Which is what we had for four long years as seen here (from the Bureau of Labor Statistics):
latest_numbers_LNS12300000_2006_2016_all_period_M06_data.gif

Notice in the above chart the years 2010 to 2014 when the Employment-to-Population ratio did not budge one bit, and remained a constant 58.5% of the population, down from 63% in 2006/8 (before the onset of the Great Recession). The economy created Net No Jobs after 2010. (When the Replicants in the HofR were delivering us "Austerity Budgeting", meaning no Stimulus Spending that all our serious economists were advising.)

We, the sheeple, seem not know how to select politicians in general. We allow political commercials on the BoobTube warp our judgment, and thus select the person who promises, like soap-powder,"to wash whiter than white!" (Never underestimate the power of the BoobTube to warp minds.)

If we wanted Better Gummint, we would vote for a better grade of people and we would have it. Washington is not Hollywood, and far different criteria apply in the selection process. It would help for candidates to have a clear political program stipulating what remedies are necessary for which acute problems - and debate them on TV.

Then the people could decide who had a better set of solutions.

The fault of Bad Government is purely of we, the sheeple - no one else. We let ourselves be manipulated by "merchandising techniques" when electing our representatives.

So we deserve the political class we elect.

END OF RANT ...

Last edited:
I have gone from never Trump to considering voting for him. The only reason why is because of the disgusting rhetoric from the Democrats. I just want to stick it to them. Then I consider Johnson to stick it to the two-party system. But I dont like his position on abortion. So then I consider Vermin Supreme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As it became clear months before the end of the primaries that Bernie would not prevail, I started seriously considering Trump, to the point of leaning his way,

But he just got deeper & deeper and worse & worse, until I just couldn't do it.

It's a shame, because he initially was supporting single-payer healthcare, which along with illegal immigration are 2 of my 3 top issues of concern.

So you thought he was going to build the "wall"? Or was it his "deportation force" that attracted you?

Sarah-Palin-Stormtroopers.jpg

Last edited:
So you thought he was going to build the "wall"? Or was it his "deportation force" that attracted you?

Both would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree,i too have a degree and have been called everything short of a child of GOD,by what i call liberal racist.
i just would like to know how anyone could vote for hillary clinton ,this woman is a perpetual liar.

run don run

No, it's a vote for a 3rd Party candidate.

Yes, but it benefits Hillary. Don't get me wrong, I respect your decision, I too am sick to death of voting for the lesser of two weevils. But the reality is inescapable, sadly.

I've read a number of threads in the Forum about Trump, Hillary, and the other third party candidates; but I wonder, has anyone actually changed their mind about who they intend to vote for?

I mean we have hardcore Hillary supporters putting up every kind of "he's unfit for office" attack they can muster from the media.

Then we have hardcore supporters of Trump responding in kind with every "she's unfit for office" factoid they can procure.

Meanwhile we have the third party die-hards, hoping this will be the first time in American history a third-party candidate can win (as if that's a new idea) plugging away by pointing out how everyone hates BOTH Trump and Hillary.

But has anyone really changed their position on their candidate, and switched? I know I haven't.

Have you? If not, why? If so, from whom to whom and how did it come about?

All I can say is that I voted for Obama in the first election and while I didn't vote the second go around, I continued to defend him to my Republican friends. But, so much has happened since then with regards to this man that I've said and will stand by my position to never, ever vote Democratic again. From my perspective I watched what a mockery President Clinton made of the name of President with his affairs in the white house. I know many will excuse that saying lots of Presidents did it. But in my mind, if you can't keep it in your pants after the American People put their trust in you for four years - your disgusting and have lost my vote forevermore. Then, I sided with GW Bush and feel I was blessed to have him as our President during the time of 9/11 and the years that followed. People can say whatever they want about this man's intelligence etc. but for me, I had hope and the belief that America and Americans were safe and that we believed in the strength of our people and we put America first.

Then along came Obama and I bought in to his propaganda hook line and sinker. Never have I ever felt so betrayed by a leader than now. This man, in my opinion is not just corrupt, he is the epitome of a manipulative/evil leader. He is very intelligent and he has a plan for this country that many can't see or refuse to see - to me this makes him a serious threat to our country/to our people. Many will say this is a conspiracy theory, and for all of our sakes I hope I am wrong. Honestly, there is a part of me that feels Obama has a plan in place to manipulate the vote in November. He has a plan and we as a whole are so busy fighting each other that we are playing right into his hand.

So to answer your question, yes, I've changed my vote since Obama - Obama's World through him, through Hillary and through any other measures he will take to get to his ultimate plan, is not the world that I want to live in.

Yes, but it benefits Hillary. Don't get me wrong, I respect your decision, I too am sick to death of voting for the lesser of two weevils. But the reality is inescapable, sadly.

Polls show Johnson is pulling slightly more voters from the Democrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom