• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Has anyone read or heard of the Urantia Book?

Kelfuma

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Urantia Book | Urantia Foundation | Custodian and Publisher of The Urantia Book since 1955

"The Urantia Book, first published by Urantia Foundation in 1955, claims to have been presented by celestial beings as a revelation to our planet, Urantia.

The writings in The Urantia Book instruct us on the genesis, history, and destiny of humanity and on our relationship with God the Father. They present a unique and compelling portrayal of the life and teachings of Jesus. They open new vistas of time and eternity to the human spirit, and offer new details of our ascending adventure in a friendly and carefully administered universe.

The Urantia Book offers a clear and concise integration of science, philosophy, and religion. Those who read and study it believe that The Urantia Book has the capacity to make a significant contribution to the religious and philosophical thinking of people worldwide.

The Urantia Book is not a "religion" per se. It builds upon the religious heritages of the past and present, encouraging a personal, living religious faith."

I see it as the guide for the development of Earth - a worthy legacy to the Bible and Quran. What do you think of it if you have read it?

I think it's repackaged Seth Speaks.

As a work of comical and metaphysical science fiction it's on a par with the Secret Doctrine.

Urantia Book | Urantia Foundation | Custodian and Publisher of The Urantia Book since 1955

"The Urantia Book, first published by Urantia Foundation in 1955, claims to have been presented by celestial beings as a revelation to our planet, Urantia.

The writings in The Urantia Book instruct us on the genesis, history, and destiny of humanity and on our relationship with God the Father. They present a unique and compelling portrayal of the life and teachings of Jesus. They open new vistas of time and eternity to the human spirit, and offer new details of our ascending adventure in a friendly and carefully administered universe.

The Urantia Book offers a clear and concise integration of science, philosophy, and religion. Those who read and study it believe that The Urantia Book has the capacity to make a significant contribution to the religious and philosophical thinking of people worldwide.

The Urantia Book is not a "religion" per se. It builds upon the religious heritages of the past and present, encouraging a personal, living religious faith."

I see it as the guide for the development of Earth - a worthy legacy to the Bible and Quran. What do you think of it if you have read it?

We already have the Bible if you want to know about God the Father and Jesus.

Your post loses all credibility, if it had any to start with, when you present the above bolded as if there was some equivalency between the two books.

Last edited:

I have never heard of it before. At your age, it's good to seek!

I'd like to see what happens when someone says "Jesus loves you" to those so called aliens.

The Urantians(?) had a store front church in El Cajon, California for many years. I remember them being interviewed extensively after the Heavens Gate mass suicides. I always wanted to stop by as I really like learning about any american sub culture. I never did, and one day they closed up shop.

Your post loses all credibility, if it had any to start with, when you present the above bolded as if there was some equivalency between the two books.

Other than age, what difference is there?

I am unfortunately all too familiar with the UB and for all the wrong reasons.

Lets just say, you can't read the Urantia Book without also reading its unauthorized companion guide, Urantia, the Great Cult Mystery by Martin Gardner. Doing so you quickly discover that most of the accolades and credits you bestow upon the UB are un-earned.

But you shouldn't need Gardner's book to see the UB for what it is - which probably explains the UB's pathetically small following.

"Thus Spoke Zarathustra".

Probably a better read, and you'll get fewer strange looks for admitting to having read it.

I am unfortunately all too familiar with the UB and for all the wrong reasons.

Lets just say, you can't read the Urantia Book without also reading its unauthorized companion guide, Urantia, the Great Cult Mystery by Martin Gardner. Doing so you quickly discover that most of the accolades and credits you bestow upon the UB are un-earned.

But you shouldn't need Gardner's book to see the UB for what it is - which probably explains the UB's pathetically small following.

This would have been relevant had I not finished the book a year ago.

This would have been relevant had I not finished the book a year ago.

If you've actually read the UB and didn't figure it out for the steaming pile that it is straight off, then it is probably too late anyway.

Back
Top Bottom