• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has anyone on this forum taken the Myers Briggs?

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It is one of the most reliable personality tests I have studies both scientifically and anecdotally.

I took a personality test once. Turned out I didn't have one.

It is one of the most reliable personality tests I have studies both scientifically and anecdotally.

I dont think its reliable at all, the questions are so simplistic and transparent you end up seeing your vision of your personality not what it actually is.

I always get INTJ.

Weirdly enough, most of the girls I've found myself flirting or in relationships with tend to test as either ENFP or ENTP, just like the Meyers Briggs system predicts.

I like the test. I am an INTP and that fits me.

I was pigeon holed as a"ISTP"...... not that I believe the test has anything to do with how a person performs in the real world. I took the test when I was working for a real estate broker.

I dont think its reliable at all, the questions are so simplistic and transparent you end up seeing your vision of your personality not what it actually is.

That's it really. Self-performed tests tell you what you think you are.

It's been around forever and is pretty reliable in identifying an individual's temperament, how they deal with social situations, and how things effect them. I use it a LOT with people I treat. Remember, it's just a tool... it really doesn't determine one's personality, just how they react and how they feel comfortable in certain situations. It can really help in identifying why some folks have difficulty understanding/communicating with others.

Depending on the day, I'm either an INTJ or ISTJ.

Agree!

But self-views of what we are may be better indicators of what we actually are than most think.

When I took the Myers-Briggs as part of a training initiative at work, I was a Guardian. A few years later when I took the online version, I was something else. I don't know whether the tests were substantially different or whether some of my responses were influenced by environment.

It's been around forever and is pretty reliable in identifying an individual's temperament, how they deal with social situations, and how things effect them. I use it a LOT with people I treat. Remember, it's just a tool... it really doesn't determine one's personality, just how they react and how they feel comfortable in certain situations. It can really help in identifying why some folks have difficulty understanding/communicating with others.

Depending on the day, I'm either an INTJ or ISTJ.

I always get ISTP when I take it and I have to admit it perfectly describes how I deal with issues at work, my thinking process, how I am as a parent and in relationships.

based on the test results for each of my family members, it appeared to be an excellent assessment of natural inclinations

I was pigeon holed as a"ISTP"...... not that I believe the test has anything to do with how a person performs in the real world. I took the test when I was working for a real estate broker.

That is my type. It is not that common. Are you a risk taker / thrill junkie? Like to work on things? High energy? Those are pretty common characteristics of ISTPs. They tend to have jobs in IT, engineering, mechanics and so on, but also tend to be endurance athletes.

I was going to say "No. I normally just take aspirin."
So that is probably a clue.

INTP

Last edited:
INTJ. It's just a guide. I'm actually much, much more dynamic. Okay. Prolly not. Prolly much less dynamic. Damn near asleep most of the time, actually.

Well there is a certified version and then the modified online versions. I am always an ENFP.

When I first took it many years ago I was ENFJ now I'm INFJ, consistently.

ISTJ-T

This is all very interesting. Now give me the facts.

That is my type. It is not that common. Are you a risk taker / thrill junkie? Like to work on things? High energy? Those are pretty common characteristics of ISTPs. They tend to have jobs in IT, engineering, mechanics and so on, but also tend to be endurance athletes.

My background is ship board mechanical ( operating - troubleshooting -overhauling )

A bit of a risk taker at times.

I think it is reliable if one is honest and you might be thinking of the short version online - the longer certified version is pretty reliable yet it is only a tool.

Back
Top Bottom