• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has anyone noticed.....

Tigger

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
That the USMNT has now won EIGHT (8) games in a row. That's a record in the 100 year history of the team. I doubt many of you have noticed since no major television network in the country seems willing to pay money to broadcast their games. Even during the major regional tournament (Gold Cup).

The US has outscored its opponents 11-2 in the three opening round games of the Gold Cup, so don't tell me these are boring games.

It's simple no one in North America likes soccer. I would like rugby on TV but I can't get that either but volleyball is.

I've noticed because I've watched most of the US games. Klinsmann was probably the best thing they could have done for the program. Their last three of four games have been blowouts if I remember correctly.

I've noticed because I've watched most of the US games. Klinsmann was probably the best thing they could have done for the program. Their last three of four games have been blowouts if I remember correctly.

We don't get Fox Soccer around here. It is t even an option on my cable network; so I haven't been able to see the Gold Cup games. They've won 6-1, 4-1, and 1-0 in the last three games. The beat Guatemala 6-0 in the warmup before the Gold Cup. This team is finally starting to show promise but most of the country doesn't have a chance to see it because the networks don't care.

We don't get Fox Soccer around here. It is t even an option on my cable network; so I haven't been able to see the Gold Cup games. They've won 6-1, 4-1, and 1-0 in the last three games. The beat Guatemala 6-0 in the warmup before the Gold Cup. This team is finally starting to show promise but most of the country doesn't have a chance to see it because the networks don't care.

Normally the Gold Cup Final is shown on ESPN. The team shows promise. When Clint is added back into the lineup they can be down right scary at times.

I don't consider it part of North America also Mexico sucks at sports to my knowledge.

They certainly don't suck at soccer. Also, since when isn't Mexico part of North America? Do they not teach that in Canadian schools?

Normally the Gold Cup Final is shown on ESPN. The team shows promise. When Clint is added back into the lineup they can be down right scary at times.

The final isn't the whole story. It's a very small piece.

With the right lineup and mentality the US team can be competitive with anyone in the world. The question. Is whether or not Klinsman can do that with this team.

The final isn't the whole story. It's a very small piece.

With the right lineup and mentality the US team can be competitive with anyone in the world. The question. Is whether or not Klinsman can do that with this team.

I think Klinsmann could. He did it with the German team which might have been in a worse state than US soccer and turned that around. World Cup is his real test though, if the US can out perform how they did under Bradley then Klinsmann is taking the program in a positive direction.

Football (the real kind) is too hard on a culture infused with reality tv shows... american football is the best sport to closely assimilate to reality tv show so yeah. makes sense.

That the USMNT has now won EIGHT (8) games in a row. That's a record in the 100 year history of the team. I doubt many of you have noticed since no major television network in the country seems willing to pay money to broadcast their games. Even during the major regional tournament (Gold Cup).

The US has outscored its opponents 11-2 in the three opening round games of the Gold Cup, so don't tell me these are boring games.

It is like almost all professional sports: grown men being paid to play games invented to occupy idle and delinquent children.

I'll never grasp the concept. (I have it from reliable sources that my view in this matter is atypical.)

They certainly don't suck at soccer. Also, since when isn't Mexico part of North America? Do they not teach that in Canadian schools?

Geographically it is politically most of us do not consider part of North America. We learn zero about Mexico and South America as there is no Hispanic population in Canada and what happens in Mexico doesn't concern us in anyway.

Geographically it is politically most of us do not consider part of North America. We learn zero about Mexico and South America as there is no Hispanic population in Canada and what happens in Mexico doesn't concern us in anyway.

Well, of course it is, geographically, as North America is a geographical designation...

Well, of course it is, geographically, as North America is a geographical designation...

It's also a political one that here usually refers to Canada and the U.S..

I am very proud of the Americans. I live in Brazil where the only thing they can say that Brazil is better than America is soccer and I have heard lots of Brazilians saying that the US has an actual soccer team. I think with the things going the way they are that the US will play fairly well in the World Cup.

Tough to say given the quality of opponents they have played but jurgen will have them ready for the world cup

I don't consider it part of North America also Mexico sucks at sports to my knowledge.

If you don't consider Mexico to be part of North America where do you put it?

Pretty sure there are Hispanics in Canada considering Canada has a tradition of refugee asylum.

Pretty sure there are Hispanics in Canada considering Canada has a tradition of refugee asylum.

We actually don't have that many, I have never seen a Hispanic. According to the last census we have 30,000.

If you don't consider Mexico to be part of North America where do you put it?

Central and South America along with other second-world Spanish speaking countries.

Should be in bed but this game had kept me up. Klinsman was my idol so gettingbehind the yanks here

Back
Top Bottom