• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has anyone gotten thru on healthcare.gov?

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I've gotten taken to the log-in page, but am unable to sign up because there are no "questions" available in the drop-down menu to give your secret answer to.

Has anyone been successful? And, if so, what did you think of the premium?

I tried hourly on Tuesday and DID get past the 'security question' page only once to then get a 'your account cannot be created at this time' page. I tried 5-6 times yesterday morning-noon-evening with no luck. I have tried twice today again with no luck.

I tried hourly on Tuesday and DID get past the 'security question' page only once to then get a 'your account cannot be created at this time' page. I tried 5-6 times yesterday morning-noon-evening with no luck. I have tried twice today again with no luck.

Just wait until you try to get your necessary medical treatment with this gov run system and have no luck as bureaucrats fumble and stumble along. This mess is a sign of things to come.

Just wait until you try to get your necessary medical treatment with this gov run system and have no luck as bureaucrats fumble and stumble along. This mess is a sign of things to come.

Oh, stop. :rofl

I've created an account and gotten about half way through giving them info about my household, finances, etc

I think I'll wait a while. Maybe a couple of years or more. It's beginning to look as if the government's interest in me is becoming a liability, and it's pretty creepy.

I'm not computer savvy, but I would imagine this is a case of overloaded servers.

I'm not computer savvy, but I would imagine this is a case of overloaded servers.

That is exactly what the white house is claiming and they are saying that makes this a huge success. They will not however give any numbers for how many people are signing up so if their story is true it looks like people are just logging on to see how bad they are going to get screwed.

That is exactly what the white house is claiming and they are saying that makes this a huge success. They will not however give any numbers for how many people are signing up so if their story is true it looks like people are just logging on to see how bad they are going to get screwed.

That doesn't surprise me. It makes sense, anytime you have new servers you typically have issues getting them ready. Admittedly, that is weird they won't at least give rough numbers on it. :confused:

You understand the people at the hospitals are still going to be doctors, right?

LMAO!!

"Hi. I'm here to see a doctor because I have blood squirting out of my neck."

"OK. Let me pull up your file.......Sorry, the system is a little slow today."

"Hey! Can you pass me a mop. It's getting really messy out here."

"OK. I have you pulled up. Now, what was the name of your best friend in kindergarten."

"I don't remember that one. Ask me the one about the color of my first car.....and I'm starting to get a little faint."

"Hmm....according to protocol we can't ask you a question if it's not on the list. Are you sure you checked that one?"

"Well, things were a little glitchy that day. Are there any other questions?"

"Certainly! What was the name of your grandfather's high school mascot?"

"....grandfather's......I have no idea. Where did that even come from?"

"Well sir, when you signed up we told you that if you didn't complete ALL of the questions we would pull data from your NSA file and create questions that only you could answer. It was in the EULA."

"Well I have no idea what the answer to that would be. Can you at least get me a bandaid?"

"Possibly. Since you are unenrolled we need to form a committee, pass a resolution and get an affirmative vote. If you want to have a seat I should be able to get you an answer by June."

Ok, so I have tried again 5-6 times today to log on with no success. So far today I have yet to even get to the 'create account' screen. I sit with this:

We're working to make the experience better, and we don’t want you to lose your place in line. We’ll send you to the login page as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

...for 30mins at a time. Anyone else any luckier?

Just for grins I decided to check it out and since AZ didn't set up its own exchange I have to use the HHS one.......which seems to be busy at the moment.

Ok, this morning first attempt did allow me past the security questions again only to receive this message:

Important: Your account couldnt be created at this time. The system is unavailable.

edit: this occurred twice now...any others with any luck?

FINALLY this evening I WAS able to create an account (after easily 50 attempts). Once created I was sent an authentication email with a embedded link to validate. Upon clicking link the healthcare.gov website opened to the 'log on' portal. I inserted my UN/PW...and nothing! five tries so far...

I did just hear they are taking the site down over the weekend (off peak hours...whenever that is) to 'repair'. Maybe next week will be better.

I've gotten taken to the log-in page, but am unable to sign up because there are no "questions" available in the drop-down menu to give your secret answer to.

I've now completed answering all the questions and have gained access to the "marketplace" where I can view the 98 different plans they have on offer. The premiums range from $307 - $850 (before subsidies, if applicable) with varying levels of coverage. The highest deductible is $3000/individual and $6000/family and the lowest deductible is $0

I have insurance, but just to see what's happening, I logged in on and on the third or so page, this message came up:

We have a lot of visitors on the site right now.
Please stay on this page.
We're working to make the experience better, and we don’t want you to lose your place in line. We’ll send you to the login page as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
In a hurry? You might be able to apply faster at our Marketplace call center. Call 1-800-318-2596 to talk with one of our trained representatives about applying over the phone.

Wouldn't it be great if government was like private enterprise and if the service was bad and inept and costly, you could just go the government that works instead of the dog turd we are stuck with?

I've created an account and gotten about half way through giving them info about my household, finances, etc

How much time has it taken to get half way through? What is the hold up?

I heard that there is no income verification. Is that true?

I've now completed answering all the questions and have gained access to the "marketplace" where I can view the 98 different plans they have on offer. The premiums range from $307 - $850 (before subsidies, if applicable) with varying levels of coverage. The highest deductible is $3000/individual and $6000/family and the lowest deductible is $0

PM me the age you used, Sangha. (Confidential)

I think I'll wait a while. Maybe a couple of years or more. It's beginning to look as if the government's interest in me is becoming a liability, and it's pretty creepy.

Gee, ya think?

I still remember about 10 or 15 years ago a man on the street type interview where the guy said he was starting to think the federal Government didn't even know he was alive.

I remember thinking even then that I WISH the federal Government didn't know I was alive.

Last edited:

Yeah, there's no way the government could possibly have thought that anyone would actually try to buy a ticket on the train wreck.

That doesn't surprise me. It makes sense, anytime you have new servers you typically have issues getting them ready. Admittedly, that is weird they won't at least give rough numbers on it. :confused:

They should have been testing before going live. They are amateurs and witless.

I apologize. Since they are the government, this is redundant.

They should have been testing before going live. They are amateurs and witless.

I apologize. Since they are the government, this is redundant.

Well, I don't know much about computers, but I think it's difficult to test a load of 3 million+
Honestly, I think you guys are better off attacking things like how Obama's big business buddies get an exemption instead of "Their servers didn't work so the whole system won't!" :lol:

How much time has it taken to get half way through? What is the hold up?

I heard that there is no income verification. Is that true?

Before today, it was very slow and took several minutes for each page to load, and eventually the page would time out and I couldn't go further

Today, the response time is quick, and I got through the entire application process.

I don't know about income verification, but I didn't have to enter income info and it seems to know stuff about me which I suspect it got through a credit check

Back
Top Bottom