• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Has anyone been watching the Colbert Report?

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
"We don't read the news to you, we feel the news at you."

The Colbert Report: "It's French B!tch!

Like the Daily Show: it's because they do such a good job at reporting the fake news that I not only can tollerate it but actually enjoy it, not like those jack asses on air America did you hear that that jack ass Franken announced that he plans on running for the Senate in 08 on the daily show?

I've watched a couple. My understanding is that he is trying to act like a suped up version of O'reilly.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
... Franken announced that he plans on running for the Senate in 08 on the daily show?
That's no exactly what he said. He wrote a satirical letter about future history where in the narrative had him running for Senate. Stewart egged him on. Franken never actually said he was running.

Colberts a funny guy but its a stupid show. theyre just trying to play off the success John Stewart has had. ive only seen one episode and it was nothing but the same old Bush/Christian bashing anyways.

"We don't read the news to you, we feel the news at you."

The Colbert Report: "It's French B!tch!

Like the Daily Show: it's because they do such a good job at reporting the fake news that I not only can tollerate it but actually enjoy it, not like those jack asses on air America did you hear that that jack ass Franken announced that he plans on running for the Senate in 08 on the daily show?

Franken has been talking about running against Norm Coleman for over a year.

His new book: The Truth - With Jokes is just out!

I'm a fan of the Daily Show, and have been tuning into the Colbert Report. It's got some promise. Stephen seems a little uncomfortable pretending to be Bill O'Reilly for a half hour.

Some of the bits are right on the money. The opening interview with Stone Phillips was hilarious.

I do miss Stephen on the Daily Show - especially - "This Week In God"

hipsterdufus said:
I'm a fan of the Daily Show, and have been tuning into the Colbert Report. It's got some promise. Stephen seems a little uncomfortable pretending to be Bill O'Reilly for a half hour.

Some of the bits are right on the money. The opening interview with Stone Phillips was hilarious.

I do miss Stephen on the Daily Show - especially - "This Week In God"

Ya but the other guy took it over: ba beep ba boo ba beep booboo

Ya but the other guy took it over: ba beep ba boo ba beep booboo

He is good too. I like Corddry(however you spell it) and the woman.

As for the "Colber Repor", it’s good for a laugh but it's basically the same thing over and over and I think he tries a little to hard.

Jon Stewart is funny, and acts stupid sometimes but has an obvious understanding for politics and voices his opinions on matters.

Both shows are scripted but Colbert seems to never go away from the script.

scottyz said:
I've watched a couple. My understanding is that he is trying to act like a suped up version of O'reilly.
That was my 1st impression as well. I think they combained a few fox news shows, but are really mocking O'Reilly

So far he is a one trick pony. Hopefully he will find his way and start actually being funny.

Back
Top Bottom