• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has any NFL team scored 48 points and lost the game?

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Not until today. Today in the highest scoring game ever in the history of NFL football the Cowboys scored 48 points and lost the game. Final score Denver 51 Cowboys 48 for a total of 99 points. Tony "the choke artist" Romo threw 5 TD pases and threw for over 500 yards. Only Romo could have those stats and throw an interception in his last possession and lose the game. Romo is a loser and he always will be.

Not until today. Today in the highest scoring game ever in the history of NFL football the Cowboys scored 48 points and lost the game. Final score Denver 51 Cowboys 48 for a total of 99 points. Tony "the choke artist" Romo threw 5 TD pases and threw for over 500 yards. Only Romo could have those stats and throw an interception in his last possession and lose the game. Romo is a loser and he always will be.

It was a highly entertaining game. It was just the timing of the mistake. After Manning's screw up, there were a lot of moments where the Broncos could not get it together.

Cincinnati beat Cleveland 58-48 a few years back and I don't think that was even the highest combines score ever.

Cincinnati beat Cleveland 58-48 a few years back and I don't think that was even the highest combines score ever.

The commentators announced during the game when it was tied 48-48 that it was the highest scoring game ever. I just checked the stats. you are right the highest scoring game was Skins and Giants in 1966. a total of 113 points in a game the giants won 72 to 41.

The commentators announced during the game when it was tied 48-48 that it was the highest scoring game ever. I just checked the stats. you are right the highest scoring game was Skins and Giants in 1966. a total of 113 points in a game the giants won 72 to 41.

Sounded like they said 4th highest to me.

Dan Marino

Marino won playoff games though he never made it to the Super Bowl. He set many records. And so will Romo if he stays healthy but he will never win a playoff game IMO.

Favre was a two time NFC champion and won Superbowl XXXI. Romo the choke artist hasn't even won a playoff game and he never will. He's a freakin loser.

That's probably true but it has little to do with him.

I just don't understand Cowboy fans.

Your defense, o-line, and running game has been awful for years but the guy you hate is Tony Romo who carries your team to a respectable record every year with his very-good-to-great play. Yes, blame the guy who throw 500+ yards, 5 TDs but 1 INT instead of the defense that let up 51 points :roll:

Last edited:
Yep. Totally Romo's fault that the Cowboys gave up 51 points. Not saying Romo doesn't have a fault, but he had a career high day that QBs would dream of, but that defense couldn't really do anything much after the first quarter.

That's probably true but it has little to do with him.

I just don't understand Cowboy fans.

Your defense, o-line, and running game has been awful for years but the guy you hate is Tony Romo who carries your team to a respectable record every year with his very-good-to-great play. Yes, blame the guy who throw 500+ yards, 5 TDs but 1 INT instead of the defense that let up 51 points :roll:

Denvers defense allowed 48 points. Terrible defense right,? Just as the Cowboys defense was terrible. The difference, Romo threw the interception at the wrong time. Something he does often. He is the master choke artist.

Peyton has gone absolutely ape**** this year.

Denvers defense allowed 48 points. Terrible defense right,? Just as the Cowboys defense was terrible. The difference, Romo threw the interception at the wrong time. Something he does often. He is the master choke artist.

Did you even watch the game?

Denver's defense played well enough. Tony Romo just played one of the best games in football history. He was pressured all afternoon. I honestly lost track of how many times their front seven ran right past Dallas' o-line only to see Romo scramble past three or more defenders and hit a receiver with a pin point accurate pass down field. No other QB in football makes those plays. Had Dallas gotten half of that pressure on Manning they would have blown out the Broncos. Just look at what's going on in your own division with the New York Giants. For the first time ever Eli Manning is seeing the same pressure Tony Romo sees every single week yet one has thrown 13 TDs and 2 INTs with a 114.3 QB RAT while the other has thrown 8 TDs and 12 INTs with a 65.8 QB RAT.

:roll:

Favre was a two time NFC champion and won Superbowl XXXI. Romo the choke artist hasn't even won a playoff game and he never will. He's a freakin loser.

Romo is 1 and 3 in the playoffs with a win over the Eagles.

Great game, but I did notice something else that might be a record. Has it ever happened before were neither team punted?

Back
Top Bottom