• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Has Al Quaida struck again? Explosion in London Underground

Why not ask Saddam and his advisors for advise on how to deal with the insurgents. Heck he dealt successfully with them for years
Not to be combative or confrontational [because I'm not!], maybe these are not really insurgents. Maybe they're Iraqi's resisting the occupation of their country.

Last edited:
vauge said:
The Madrid bombings were first thought to be Al-Quaida then the blame went to the ETA.

Just a thought.
You've got that backwards, Vague. It was first blamed on the ETA and then shown to be a cell of Al Quaeda....
Madrid since March 11 last year, when 191 people were killed and hundreds injured in bomb attacks on four commuter trains first blamed on ETA but soon found to have been carried out by a group linked to al Qaeda.
Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02/09/spain.blast/

lamaror said:
It is time to begin to figure out and solve what is causing terrorism. Terrorism can come from anyone as we found out at the courthouse in Kansas City.

I don't mean to be a factsnazi but: It was the Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Not a Kansas City Courthouse.

lamaror said:
Christians in many places historically have been terrorists Northern Ireland is a good example. The Red Army faction and Badder Meinham are good examples of European Christian terrorists. :naughty

Least we forget the Crusades?

lamaror said:
We spend millions to identity terrorists and then go out of our way to incite them. Why not find out what the reasons are and then solve them peacefully and then we have no terrorists. I say if we know someone is a terrorist, then kill em. But don't go out of our way to create new terrorists, as we are doing in the BushShit war in Iraq. :fueltofir

Well in a perfect world that might seem the logical thing to do, but reality ain't perfect.

lamaror said:
Why not ask Saddam and his advisors for advise on how to deal with the insurgents. Heck he dealt successfully with them for years

Yeah, so I guess you're saying the Kurds were "insurgents?" I can tell you how he dealt with them. He slaughtered innocent families, dumped bodies in mass graves and pretended not to hear the cries of mothers missing their sons and husbands.
He stole the sons of non-insurgents and forced them into army training camps at ages as young as SEVEN and EIGHT and taught them to hate, taught them to kill.

Asking Saddam, not Bin Ladden {because we don't know and Shrub really doesn't care..where he is}, is probably NOT the best way to get intellegence.

lamaror said:
God Bless America and Protect our troops from the insurgents and Bush. :shoot

God knows they/we need it!

Billo_Really said:
Not to be combative or confrontational [because I'm not!], maybe these are not really insurgents. Maybe they're Iraqi's resisting the occupation of their country.
The relatively few Iraqis in the fight are those whose fortunes were tied to the former regime and who have no hope of gaining their former status so long as a democratically elected government succeeds.

These folks are augmented by many 'foreigners' operating as mercenaries recruited, financed, and supplied by those in power in other Arab nations who know that freedom is contagious and fear that democracy may take hold and spread throughout the Arab world, much to their disadvantage.

You may have noticed that the primary targets are no longer Coalition military personnel, but Iraqi civilians, Iraqi police, and Iraqi government officials. Can these be considered legitimate targets, or simply objects of a campaign of terror designed to cow Iraqis and create civil unrest?

Arab nations who know that freedom is contagious and fear that democracy may take hold and spread throughout the Arab world, much to their disadvantage.
This might be true, but it should be their choice. Not ours.

Last edited:
I'm not in this thread for a fight, so I will just give condolences to all of our friends here from the U.K. a sincere round of condolences. This kind of horrendous act should not happen to anyone and it speaks volumes about the kind of sub-human cowards that would perpetuate it. Great Brittain has my full support in this, with Union Jack displayed right along with Old Glory.

Naughty Nurse said:
And if it turns out to be a different group of terrorists?
Since this was addressed to my post (#26), I shall respond. At the time I posted, a terrorist group (The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe - a/k/a the Madrid bombers) had already claimed responsibility on an Islamic website.

MSNBC News - Cairo, Egypt

Naughty Nurse said:
But when I made my original posting, there had been no credible claim. My point is that it is in nobody's interests to jump to hasty conclusions. Also, sometimes groups take credit for atrocities they didn't actually commit (free publicity, free terrorism). And guess what? If we go after the wrong group, that means the real criminals go free. Who does that benefit?
It is indeed in nobody's interest to be premature. However, one must also be cogniscent of the claim of responsibility and of the particular modus operandi. This has all the hallmarks of an al-Qa'ida operation such as; a political event (G8 summit) as a motivational backdrop, a capital city, simultaneous strikes, soft civilian targets, strikes occuring during rush-hour to ensure maximum violence, the similarity to the Madrid operation etc.

I tend to think that certain terrorist attacks such as Bali, Madrid, and London are not planned in conjunction with and do not originate from the hierarchy of al-Qa'ida proper. Rather, these are Islamo-fascist cells ideologically aligned with and trained by the al-Qa'ida organization, and assisted with financial and logistical support. They are vested to act independently and on their own initiative.

Tashah said:
I tend to think that certain terrorist attacks such as Bali, Madrid, and London are not planned in conjunction with and do not originate from the hierarchy of al-Qa'ida proper. Rather, these are Islamo-fascist cells ideologically aligned with and trained by the al-Qa'ida organization, and assisted with financial and logistical support. They are vested to act independently and on their own initiative.
What's the difference?

Montalban said:
What's the difference?
For all practical purposes, the only difference is in degree. Since I was addressing operational culpability, it may be difficult (by design) to make the evidentiary leap from *The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe* to Bin-Laden and the inner circle of al-Qa'ida proper. This does not make al-Qa'ida any less culpable, merely less accessible from the standpoint of a direct evidentiary trail.

Billo_Really said:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fantasea
Arab nations who know that freedom is contagious and fear that democracy may take hold and spread throughout the Arab world, much to their disadvantage.

Your sentence is ambiguous. When you use the words "their choice" in connection with freedom and democracy, whose choice do you mean; the choice of the oppressed people, or the choice of the people's governmental oppressors?

Billo Really said:
I actually had to read that statement numerous times to fully comprehend its idiocy. What you infer here is that populations living in political bondage have the capacity and freedom of choice to determine their own destiny. Besides being a juxtaposition of and contradiction of terms, this ranks among one of the dumbest political statements I have ever read. I would suggest that you actually converse with someone living under draconian rule before you deign to inform them of their various choices and options... and be prepared to quickly scurry back under your rock.

Besides being a juxtaposition of and contradiction of terms, this ranks among one of the dumbest political statements I have ever read.

Hang around Tashah...

He's got alot more...

Check out what he did on his OWN THREAD...

First sentence of this thread...by Billo Really

This thread is for anyone that cares to post news or comments originating outside mainstream US media outlets.

Then he puts out this article...

Bush Is Serving Up the Cold War Warmed Over
By Robert Scheer
The Los Angeles Times

It just stupefies...

lamarorWhy not ask Saddam and his advisors for advise on how to deal with the insurgents. Heck he dealt successfully with them for years[/QUOTE said:
Your kidding right? Why don't we ask those insurgent he delt with. Just go dig them up in the desert and ask them.

Our intellectually gifted Billo Really couldn't find his ass with both hands.

Our intellectually gifted Billo Really couldn't find his ass with both hands.

The only thing he got on his SATs was barbeque sauce...

teacher said:
And now they have that choice. It's called elections. True Saddam had elections. But he got 100%. I detect subtle gerrymandering.

Would that be gerrymandering or strong-arming?

teacher said:
And now they have that choice. It's called elections. True Saddam had elections. But he got 100%. I detect subtle gerrymandering.
He didn't need to, it was a one party state.

Hey Billo,

Whether or not intentional, by continually throwing reports on one side of Iraq, a side that is shared by people like you with a pre-existing grudge,(As your attached image proves), you are hurting the morale of both the military personale reading this and/or their families. It achieves NOTHING positive. Everything you do is an attempt to sabotage. You are not seeking truth and you are not seeking lies....You just seek to hurt.

You will not rest until there is a 100% disapproval rating for our current President, which would still be irrelevant because, like it or not, he is OUR President until Jan. 2008.

Defend your actions anyway you want...your ending results are hurtful.

lamaror said:
some of my friends are saying the attacks were ordered by Bush to try to keep and gain public support for the pointless war in Iraq.

You guys need a serious timeout.

Tashah said:
My sincere condolences to the families, friends, and associates of the al-Qa'ida victims, and to all British citizens. Living in Tel Aviv, I know exactly what you are going through. All I can humbly suggest is to honor your dead, strengthen your resolve, and steel your courage.

Although this attack was directed against the UK, it is also another attack against everyone in the West. You can't bargain or negotiate with, appease, or hide from this menace. You either capitulate unequivocably, or confront it unceasingly. There is no middle ground in this.

Well said! :applaud

Back
Top Bottom