• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Has Al Quaida struck again? Explosion in London Underground

Naughty Nurse said:
Shrub? Hadn't heard that one before! :rofl :lamo

Oh sweetie...it's an old one really. Just not as favorable because either people don't get it or they equate it with Monty Python and so it gets lost.

Daily Prophet
July 8, 2005

A terrible attack has affected the Muggle Underground at King's Cross station, secretly used by the Magical Community for transport around Britain and to the Continent.

The famed platform 9 and 3/4, used annually by Hogwarts students as well as for the London-Paris MagiTrain, was completely unaffected by the blast as it has magical protection no Muggle device can penetrate. However, members of the Magical Community who were in the Muggle portion of the Station were hurt in the blast. Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge assured the Daily Prophet that Ministry of Magic EMS units were able to remove all members of the Magical Community who were injured in the blast in the Muggle portion of the station before the Muggles were able to get at them.

Francus Frogulus was reported as being treated in a Ministry medical facility. Frogulus is a famed French animage in town for the annual Anglo-French Animage Conference. He escaped serious injury when he transformed into a frog and was able to escape into small crevice that provided protection from the blast.

The Ministry would like to assure all members of the Magical Community that "He Who Must Not Be Named" was not directly involved in the attacks despite earlier rumors to the contrary. Muggle authorities report that the attacks bear the markings of a well known group who has suspected ties to "He Who Must Not Be Named."

Naughty Nurse said:
And if it turns out to be a different group of terrorists?
Yes, that's the way to look at it. Iraq never supported terrorism so perhaps it was just another IRA job.

Pardon my sarcasm. It seems a good fit with your concern for ensuring that the wrong terrorists are not inconvenienced.

Fantasea said:
Yes, that's the way to look at it. Iraq never supported terrorism so perhaps it was just another IRA job.

Pardon my sarcasm. It seems a good fit with your concern for ensuring that the wrong terrorists are not inconvenienced.

Oh my, it's not so much "inconveniencing" the wrong terrorist group, but moreover the concern that thousands of Brittish pounds will be waisted in attempt to prosecute the wrong group.
Hon, do try to keep up will ya? :rolleyes:

Thanks, Justine. You saved me the bother.

The Madrid bombings were first thought to be Al-Quaida then the blame went to the ETA.

Just a thought.

Has anyone noticed how quick the war machine is mining the population with the seeds of getting tougher on terror and playing too everyone's emotion and outrage. I bet Bush could not be anymore happier. Funny how we start talking of impeachment and suddenly, we get another bombing. Now, for today, were not talking about impeachment. We got our war face on. We've been served! So now, ITS ON!

Incidently, if anyone is interested, the entire arab world has condemned the bombings in London.

Last edited:
lamaror said:
some of my friends are saying the attacks were ordered by Bush to try to keep and gain public support for the pointless war in Iraq.

What idiots.

I don't believe that Even Bush would go that far. If Cheney was in the top office, instead of Bush, I could believe it. It could even be corporate. who knows?

What idiocy

Bush needs to stop this corporate Greed thing, Get out of Iraq, and fight the war on terrorism.

What do you think we are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan? Training? Where would you rather fight them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashah
My sincere condolences to the families, friends, and associates of the al-Qa'ida victims, and to all British citizens.

Naughty Nurse said:
And if it turns out to be a different group of terrorists?

We shouldn't extend sincere condolences?

BTW they took credit so what was the point you were trying to make?

vauge said:
The Madrid bombings were first thought to be Al-Quaida then the blame went to the ETA.

Just a thought.

Actually, I believe it was the opposite and that initial claim that ETA was responsible is alleged to have had an impact on the subsequent election.

What do you think we are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan? Training? Where would you rather fight them?
Maybe we wouldn't have to fight them at all if we would just understand that the terrorists are sometimes the United States of America.

Last edited:
JustineCredible said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasea

Oh my, it's not so much "inconveniencing" the wrong terrorist group, but moreover the concern that thousands of Brittish pounds will be waisted in attempt to prosecute the wrong group.

Hon, do try to keep up will ya? :rolleyes:
Catch what you can when you can catch it. Eventually, you'll get them all. The order of priority is not the important issue.

Billo_Really said:
Maybe we wouldn't have to fight them at all if we would just understand that the terrorists are sometimes the United States of America.
Why would anyone want to understand such drivel?

Billo_Really said:
Has anyone noticed how quick the war machine is mining the population with the seeds of getting tougher on terror and playing too everyone's emotion and outrage. I bet Bush could not be anymore happier. Funny how we start talking of impeachment and suddenly, we get another bombing. Now, for today, were not talking about impeachment. We got our war face on. We've been served! So now, ITS ON!

Incidently, if anyone is interested, the entire arab world has condemned the bombings in London.
Another Bush hater rising to the challenge with twisted logic.

The arabs condemned the London bombings, did they? Were you expecting them to stand up and openly take credit for what they have been supporting sub-rosa for years?

Stinger said:
We shouldn't extend sincere condolences?

Yes, please do. Always welcome.

Stinger said:
BTW they took credit so what was the point you were trying to make?

But when I made my original posting, there had been no credible claim. My point is that it is in nobody's interests to jump to hasty conclusions. Also, sometimes groups take credit for atrocities they didn't actually commit (free publicity, free terrorism). And guess what? If we go after the wrong group, that means the real criminals go free. Who does that benefit?

ludahai said:
Uninformed comments like these make me sick.

I assume you are referring to your own uninformed comment?

I can see by the last few posts that part of the terrorists' plan is working...

Instead of everyone uniting against a common cause(In this case, terrorism), they want to us to constantly bicker and divide ourselves.

In this case, we have Billo Really, who has always, inserts his venom for the Bush Administration into every subject...then that gets debated...

Then we have a group discussion on which terrorist group is responsible for this one instance...A London attack...

Here's the way I see it...

Terrorist group A, terrorist group B, & terrorist group C all claim responsibility...I say we get rid of all three groups...

Which one was responsible?...I.......DON'T........CARE.....

If the IRA did this and we destroy an al-Al-Qaida splinter group instead, guess what?...We just got rid of an AL-Qaida splinter group!...What's so hard to understand about this?

Do you people actually want someone to say this?..."We gave accountability to the wrong group...Although they have done A,B,C,D, & E, we have accused them of doing F when they didn't, and for that, we're sorry."
Unbef'inbelievable...

A terrorist group is a terrorist group is a terrorist group.....

When we start to understand this, we would show a united front against these turds...instead, we blame governments, political agendas, personal hatred....It's very disappointing.

A terrorist group is a terrorist group is a terrorist group.....
And if the terrorist group happens to be the United States of America...

Last edited:
cnredd said:
I can see by the last few posts that part of the terrorists' plan is working...

Instead of everyone uniting against a common cause(In this case, terrorism), they want to us to constantly bicker and divide ourselves.
We, the USA were united for a while, I don't think the Brits will cave like Spain did. I think this will unite (**** off) the Brits for a while.

The arabs condemned the London bombings, did they? Were you expecting them to stand up and openly take credit for what they have been supporting sub-rosa for years?
And one wonders why people want to cut off our heads.

Last edited:
It is time to begin to figure out and solve what is causing terrorism. Terrorism can come from anyone as we found out at the courthouse in Kansas City. Christians in many places historically have been terrorists Northern Ireland is a good example. The Red Army faction and Badder Meinham are good examples of European Christian terrorists. :naughty

We spend millions to identity terrorists and then go out of our way to incite them. Why not find out what the reasons are and then solve them peacefully and then we have no terrorists. I say if we know someone is a terrorist, then kill em. But don't go out of our way to create new terrorists, as we are doing in the BushShit war in Iraq. :fueltofir

Why not ask Saddam and his advisors for advise on how to deal with the insurgents. Heck he dealt successfully with them for years

God Bless America and Protect our troops from the insurgents and Bush. :shoot

Uninformed comments like these make me sick
Prove....."Uninformity".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom