• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harvard Graduate Asked To Leave Apartment

So nothing broken and they had her firearm(s) in hand ?

Sounds like that could be a safety issue :thinking

A gun just lying around is not a safety issue. It will not jump up and shoot someone. It takes physical interaction for a gun to go off.

Yes, it is. And I hope she sues them.

There are always different sides to a story. If she left her firearms unlocked and accessible to her roommates, obviously she wasn't very responsible. As to whether her rights were violated or not, that depends on many things. For instance, if she didn't divulge she had unlocked firearms, then that could be on her.

A gun just lying around is not a safety issue. It will not jump up and shoot someone. It takes physical interaction for a gun to go off.

Yes, but how do you know that kids never visited the place? Again, there are many things to take into account here and I am about as pro-gun as they come, but that doesn't mean I get to dictate my beliefs to a group should I be living with them. How do you know she didn't lie about having them to begin with? How do you know there wasn't an agreement that no guns be in the place? We don't.

It'll be a real shame if, after she moves out, someone breaks into the apartment and rapes both of those snowflakes.

They may end up wishing they kept their armed roommate around.

Safety how? They are all adults although it sounds like her roommates are morons so...

There are always different sides to a story. If she left her firearms unlocked and accessible to her roommates, obviously she wasn't very responsible. As to whether her rights were violated or not, that depends on many things. For instance, if she didn't divulge she had unlocked firearms, then that could be on her.

Because her roommates are morons who can’t resist shooting other people or themselves?

Yes, but how do you know that kids never visited the place? Again, there are many things to take into account here and I am about as pro-gun as they come, but that doesn't mean I get to dictate my beliefs to a group should I be living with them. How do you know she didn't lie about having them to begin with? How do you know there wasn't an agreement that no guns be in the place? We don't.

That’s a weird way to spell anti-gun. It’s very clear from the article that there wasn’t a no gun agreement. As for if she lied or not that’s irrelevant as both her possible lying and owning a firearm are civil rights.

Because her roommates are morons who can’t resist shooting other people or themselves?

How do you know her roommates don't have kids over? How do you know there wasn't an agreement between them all that no guns be on the premises? Seems you only want to look at ONE side to the story.

Myself? I don't know. There may even be protections for her from the city or state in this instance if there wasn't. But being pro-gun doesn't mean you get to do what you want, when you want it by that alone.

That’s a weird way to spell anti-gun. It’s very clear from the article that there wasn’t a no gun agreement. As for if she lied or not that’s irrelevant as both her possible lying and owning a firearm are civil rights.

LOL, show me ANYWHERE I've been anti-gun instead of just throwing out idiotic dishonest comments like you have. I own many guns, so your comments are just plain dishonest and idiotic. But I also keep them locked in the house because I DO have family over that have kids. And if she lied that IS relevant if they had an agreement which of course you DON'T KNOW.

It'll be a real shame if, after she moves out, someone breaks into the apartment and rapes both of those snowflakes.

They may end up wishing they kept their armed roommate around.

It'll be a real shame if, after she came home, someone used her own guns against her and raped and murdered her and her snowflake friends.

She may have ended up wishing she kept guns more secure.

:2wave:

LOL, show me ANYWHERE I've been anti-gun instead of just throwing out idiotic dishonest comments like you have. I own many guns, so your comments rae just plain dishonest and idiotic. But I also keep them locked in the house because I DO have family over that have kids. And if she lied that IS relevant if they had an agreement which of course you DON'T KNOW.

You have literally just claimed that someone doesn’t have a right to own a gun if it makes someone else feel uncomfortable

That is one of the most anti-gun stances I have ever heard.

Yep, because responsible roommates closely examine the contents of the other roommate's bedrooms.

It'll be a real shame if, after she came home, someone used her own gun against her and raped her and her snowflake friends.

So she can get raped while trying to open a locked case?

It's private property. There isn't much she can do about it.

You have literally just claimed that someone doesn’t have a right to own a gun if it makes someone else feel uncomfortable

WRONG, I'm saying that if they have an agreement that there are no guns in the house, and she lied, her roommates MAY have the right to kick her out. I even pointed out that there may be protections for her (from the city or state) FROM the roommates kicking her out. I don't know. As usual, you don't bother to read and only read into what you want to.

That is one of the most anti-gun stances I have ever heard.

No, that is just you not reading and throwing out dumb and dishonest comments.

It'll be a real shame if, after she came home, someone used her own guns against her and raped and murdered her and her snowflake friends.

She may find other roommates that do not inventory her bedroom's contents while she is out.

Yep, because responsible roommates closely examine the contents of the other roommate's bedrooms.

If there is an agreement that they not have guns in the place than she can move elsewhere or with folks that don't mind. OR she may have protections from being kicked out, I don't know. Do you know for sure?

She may find other roommates that do not inventory her bedroom's contents while she is out.

Exactly. I never said the roommates were in the right going through her stuff, but if they suspect she was lying (which she may have to them if she told them she didn't have any guns), we don't know. Again, do you know 100% about the situation and all the sides to the story?

It's irrelevant whether she had it unlocked or not. It's irrelevant if kids visited the place as that was her room and no one but her should be in that room. If her roommates had kids over then the roommates should make sure that the kids did not go into that room. The roommates admitted to having to search her room, and was going to continue to search the room until they found something. Which means that it was put up and not just lying around in the open willy nilly.

And if there had been an agreement in place then it would no doubt have been mentioned in the article as I'm sure the roommates would have said so as part of the reasoning to want her out. Instead they had to relying on it making them "feel uncomfortable". Also the actual landlord gave the excuse that he wanted her to leave because her roommates felt uncomfortable, if there was an agreement to not have guns then he definitely would have said something instead of using that as an excuse. Even if there was, which is doubtful due to the excuses that they used, that is no excuse to search someones room without asking first. That is a violation of her privacy and no agreement can allow that. By law a landlord must give notice that they will be entering an apartment. So, even if you considered her roommates as landlords to her they still would have had to have given notice. Something that they admit not doing.

It wouldn't take them kicking me out if I were her. I wouldn't want to live with people that would invade my privacy. Pretty much every roommate I have ever had knew I only I had one rule, stay out of my room. She would be better off finding new friends.

Back
Top Bottom