• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harvard economist and former Obama adviser says that Russia is "basically a big gas station" and is otherwise "incredibly unimportant"

Started??? I think the problem is that many people are too young to remember what it is.

Yeah sure. But you still can’t call anything you don’t like “communism”. Russia today is not communist. Words have meanings.

Started??? I think the problem is that many people are too young to remember what it is.
I am plenty old enough to remember that crap. I am definitely anti-marxist etc. but today's Russia is not marxist by any stretch of the imagination.

If you are as old as you are claiming, then you should remember what happened to the USSR and how it completely failed, and the history since then. If you knew all that you would not be saying that current Russia is communist. You would have to be completely ignorant to say otherwise or simply brainwashed by some assholes in media.

Full title is "otherwise 'incredibly unimportant' in the global economy."

Big difference.

How is that a big difference?

Back
Top Bottom