• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harsh Coverage of Afghan Exit May Reflect Buyer's Remorse

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I mentioned this in earlier threads. More than a handful are contemplating the damage their vote caused to our Nation.

I forgive everyone that voted for Biden. Even the dead people.

It’s all good

———
When Joe Biden’s Afghanistan debacle came to light only a few weeks ago, many Republicans assumed that the media would play down the issue with favorable headlines about ending the “endless war” or stories that emphasized Biden simply following President Trump’s plan for an Afghanistan exit. But this didn’t happen.

Instead, front page headlines were brutal: “Reports of Detentions and Executions of Foes Despite Taliban Vow of Amnesty,” “Family That Worked With U.S. Buries a Father and Their Hopes,” “Rebuffing Allies, Biden is Sticking to Exit Deadline” and “Miscue After Miscue, Exit Plan Unravels.” And that’s just from the New York Times. Other liberal establishment news outlets—The Washington Post, USA Today, CNN and MSNBC—were equally unsparing.

Hahahahahah you think Trump was going to handle this better?

Biden sucks. I didn't want him to be president. But he is better in literally every single way than Donald Trump.

The pullout would have been worse under Trump. There's no buyers remorse. Perhaps Two-Party-Oligarchy remorse.

"Commentary" by Peter Wallison

"What was this devastating story, which even today—after the election—has never been published in the U.S.? The New York Post’s story came from a laptop owned by Hunter Biden, Joe Biden’s son, which had been carelessly left with a repair shop in Delaware and never picked up. The repairman, trying to find the owner, opened the laptop and read the materials it contained. He drew the correct conclusions and turned it over to the FBI, which, two years later, has done nothing with it. He also removed the hard drive and gave it to someone who eventually turned it over to the New York Post."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This idiot thinks the Hunter Biden laptop story had merit and was buried by media.

The pullout would have been worse under Trump. There's no buyers remorse. Perhaps Two-Party-Oligarchy remorse.
Trump never pulled out - Ask Stormy Daniels

i'm just bookmarking a bunch of threads to bump because i know how short American memories are.

I mentioned this in earlier threads. More than a handful are contemplating the damage their vote caused to our Nation.

It’s all good

———
When Joe Biden’s Afghanistan debacle came to light only a few weeks ago, many Republicans assumed that the media would play down the issue with favorable headlines about ending the “endless war” or stories that emphasized Biden simply following President Trump’s plan for an Afghanistan exit. But this didn’t happen.

Instead, front page headlines were brutal: “Reports of Detentions and Executions of Foes Despite Taliban Vow of Amnesty,” “Family That Worked With U.S. Buries a Father and Their Hopes,” “Rebuffing Allies, Biden is Sticking to Exit Deadline” and “Miscue After Miscue, Exit Plan Unravels.” And that’s just from the New York Times. Other liberal establishment news outlets—The Washington Post, USA Today, CNN and MSNBC—were equally unsparing.

Buyer's remorse about cheering on this war....when it started.

Hahahahahah you think Trump was going to handle this better?

Biden sucks. I didn't want him to be president. But he is better in literally every single way than Donald Trump.
13 dead, a horrible thing....but better than 200 + like in the Beirut Marine Barracks bombing.

It’s all good

———

Actually if you know anything about news coverage by the media today, bad news is the only news they cover, Good news is not news at all.

13 dead, a horrible thing....but better than 200 + like in the Beirut Marine Barracks bombing.
13 dead on the way out is tragic, but preferable to the 2400 dead it took to get to that point.

It’s all good

———

Considering the choices last November, the majority of Americans just wanted Trump gone. Biden just happen to be the guy that opposed him. I don't think who was the candidate opposite Trump meant much. Biden was a safe candidate to beat Trump, he did. I don't think buyers remorse applies to getting rid of Trump, it is beginning to apply to Biden himself. Biden benefited hugely from not being Trump from inauguration day through July. Afghanistan was a wake up call that Trump is gone, now it's time to actually take a look at Biden and the democratic controlled congress. What they're doing or not doing. Their policy and agenda. Which I would say, voters, especially independents hadn't been paying much if any attention to. Afghanistan took the focus away from Trump and placed it on Biden. Thus making August a bad month for Biden and the Democrats. Compare the numbers from July through the end of August.

Biden’s overall job approval/disapproval numbers:

1 Aug 51.3% approval, 45.9% disapproval/31 Aug 46.3% approval, 48.6% disapproval

Generic congressional vote

1 Aug Democrats 48% Republican 41% D plus 7/31 Aug Democrats 46% Republicans 44% D plus 2.

Direction of the Country, right track/wrong track

1 Aug right tract 40%, wrong tract 53%/31 Aug right tract 30%, wrong tract 61%

Immigration 1 Aug 42% approve, 54% disapprove/31 Aug 34% approve, 57% disapprove

COVID 1 Aug 62% approve, 38% disapprove/31 Aug 53% approve, 43% disapprove

Economy 1 Aug 55% approve, 45% disapprove/31 Aug 46% approve, 49% disapprove

This all boils down to independents finally getting Trump out of their system which they disliked intensely and are finally concentrating on Biden and the democratic controlled congress. In fact, independents approval of Biden has slipped from 51% in July down to 43% at the end of August. Trump has finally became irrelevant to them, now it's Biden and the Democratic controlled congress that over the August time frame has become very relevant.

Biden was simply an anti-Trump vote. Democrats, as they do, ****ed up their selection process and chose an old serial lying, plagiarizing perv.

It’s all good

———

This is how it works:

♦ TEAM One – The Department of State is aligned with the CIA. Their media PR firms are CNN, CNNi and the Washington Post. Their ideology is favorable to the United Nations. Their internal corruption is generally driven by relationship with foreign actors. References: Hillary Clinton, Clinton Global Initiative, John McCain, Qatar, Muslim Brotherhood, Samantha Powers, Susan Rice, Cass Sunstein, Brookings Institute, Lawfare, China-centric, Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Council on Foreign Relations.​
TEAM Two – The White House is aligned with the Pentagon (DoD) and National Security Council (NSC). Their media PR firms are domestic in nature. New York Times, Politico, etc. Their internal corruption is generally driven by domestic influence. References: Barack Obama, George Bush, Wall St, Big Banks, Multinational Corporations, Defense Contractors, FBI (state police), Judicial Branch, and community activists writ large.​

The two teams are trying desperately to point the finger of blame...and they know there are a LOT of people, Dems and Reps, who want to blame someone for the colossal **** up in Afghanistan...at the other team.

For those of us who don't like the entire self-interested so-called Biden administration, this requires a LOT of popcorn. For the rest of the American public...well, most of them have no idea what's really going on and they are just going wherever the media winds are blowing them.

Considering the choices last November, the majority of Americans just wanted Trump gone. Biden just happen to be the guy that opposed him. I don't think who was the candidate opposite Trump meant much. Biden was a safe candidate to beat Trump, he did. I don't think buyers remorse applies to getting rid of Trump, it is beginning to apply to Biden himself. Biden benefited hugely from not being Trump from inauguration day through July. Afghanistan was a wake up call that Trump is gone, now it's time to actually take a look at Biden and the democratic controlled congress. What they're doing or not doing. Their policy and agenda. Which I would say, voters, especially independents hadn't been paying much if any attention to. Afghanistan took the focus away from Trump and placed it on Biden. Thus making August a bad month for Biden and the Democrats. Compare the numbers from July through the end of August.

Biden’s overall job approval/disapproval numbers:

1 Aug 51.3% approval, 45.9% disapproval/31 Aug 46.3% approval, 48.6% disapproval

Generic congressional vote

1 Aug Democrats 48% Republican 41% D plus 7/31 Aug Democrats 46% Republicans 44% D plus 2.

Direction of the Country, right track/wrong track

1 Aug right tract 40%, wrong tract 53%/31 Aug right tract 30%, wrong tract 61%

Immigration 1 Aug 42% approve, 54% disapprove/31 Aug 34% approve, 57% disapprove

COVID 1 Aug 62% approve, 38% disapprove/31 Aug 53% approve, 43% disapprove

Economy 1 Aug 55% approve, 45% disapprove/31 Aug 46% approve, 49% disapprove

This all boils down to independents finally getting Trump out of their system which they disliked intensely and are finally concentrating on Biden and the democratic controlled congress. In fact, independents approval of Biden has slipped from 51% in July down to 43% at the end of August. Trump has finally became irrelevant to them, now it's Biden and the Democratic controlled congress that over the August time frame has become very relevant.
Much of the reasons Trump was elected following Obama. It didn’t matter who the Democrats ran, the GOP candidate was in the drivers seat.

Back
Top Bottom