• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harry Reid prepares Senate to go ‘nuclear,’ end nomination filibusters

Well I could look at Illinois.....like Durbin and over the Gun issue. He keeps getting relected. Mainly thru Chicago and its suburbs. Even though most in the State and even the City want to be able to carry a firearm. Yet everytime he votes lock, stock and barrel with the Democrats and that Outfit in Chicago.

Just how is doing what the people want when he argues against it even nationally? How is representing his people when he stands with the minority and even against the Constitutional Right to bear arms?
I won't get into the gun rights debate other than to say I think most gun rights enthusiasts purposely have the argument wrong. I will say that Sen Durbin does what any Senator would do during a re-election campaign - go where your population of your potential voting block is the densest (ie, population density).

Harry Reid prepares Senate to go 'nuclear,' end nomination filibusters - Washington Times

Democrats better get rid of Reid, the man is an unhinged gang weasel. If the Reps regain the Senate, there will be hell to pay.

Republicans threatened the nuclear option when Bush was in office, and Republican supporters said absolutely nothing about them being unhinged. Here's the deal. When Bush was president, he was entitled to have an up or down vote on the judges he nominated, and I disagreed with the Democrats' obstruction of those judges. It is good that a compromise was reached. Now that Obama is in office, he deserves the same consideration, whether you or I like it or not. I only hope that a compromise will be reached this time too. If it isn't, then the Democrats will do exactly as the Republicans would have done under Bush, had a compromise not been reached at that time.

I think he should be put on the terrorist watch list for saying "go nuclear".

I think he should be put on the terrorist watch list for saying "go nuclear".

You just posted those words on the internet. I'd report you to the NSA, but they already know.

I'd say let them do it. If your opposition stands in your way, smash harder. This goes for Republicans too.

Well I could look at Illinois.....like Durbin and over the Gun issue. He keeps getting relected. Mainly thru Chicago and its suburbs. Even though most in the State and even the City want to be able to carry a firearm. Yet everytime he votes lock, stock and barrel with the Democrats and that Outfit in Chicago.

Just how is doing what the people want when he argues against it even nationally? How is representing his people when he stands with the minority and even against the Constitutional Right to bear arms?

Because gun rights are but one issue and obviously the people of illinois side with Durbin on other issues moreso than the other guys that go against him.

Given the gridlock on simple things in Congress, I'm all for it. I would also be for it with Republicans in charge.

Back
Top Bottom