• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harry Reid Goes To New Lows

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Why would we want to help 1 child with cancer? Really?

Wow

People 'will' love it. The party that pushes democracy sure does seem to push the idea that it's ok to go against the will of people today because people 'will' support it in the future a lot. I can't help but find that pretty entertaining.

Why would we want to help 1 child with cancer? Really?

Wow

excellent question
pass the government budget and get on with caring for that child and every other aspect of government work

excellent question
pass the government budget and get on with caring for that child and every other aspect of government work

Oh I know, piss on that cancer ridden child, you've got government workers with their own problems...:roll:

People 'will' love it. The party that pushes democracy sure does seem to push the idea that it's ok to go against the will of people today because people 'will' support it in the future a lot. I can't help but find that pretty entertaining.

Oh, I know, 2030 ChezC3 is going to be it's spokesperson...

So Reid pulls a Sally Struthers. It's Reid, no surprise. In fact the only surprise is how he has such a major talent for finding new lows with such regularity.

Oh I know, piss on that cancer ridden child, you've got government workers with their own problems...:roll:

and by failing to pass a budget the GOP is effectively pissing on that cancer plagued child

and by failing to pass a budget the GOP is effectively pissing on that cancer plagued child

??? You're confused.

The House passed a budget, the Senate is the one who has failed.

??? You're confused.

The House passed a budget, the Senate is the one who has failed.

no it is you who is confused
probably watching too much propaganda on faux news
if the house passed a budget to fund government operations, the senate would approve it and Obama would not veto it

what we have is the teabaggers in congress holding people, like the cancer suffering child, hostage, to try to do by 'starve the beast' methods, what they were unable to achieve legislatively

but then someone has to be willing to look at the big picture and forgo the faux news propaganda to get it

No, not really

Reid never said such a thing. The only new low being hit is the lie you're trying to push in this thread.

Yes, he actually did. You're trying to play a game saying that he didn't say what he said when he said what he said answering in the context of what was asked.

no it is you who is confused
probably watching too much propaganda on faux news
if the house passed a budget to fund government operations, the senate would approve it and Obama would not veto it

what we have is the teabaggers in congress holding people, like the cancer suffering child, hostage, to try to do by 'starve the beast' methods, what they were unable to achieve legislatively

but then someone has to be willing to look at the big picture and forgo the faux news propaganda to get it

Don't have TV sorry. The House sent several passed budget bills to the Senate and everyone of them was rejected.

What we have here is the Unthinking Left trying to rewrite history as it unfolds...

I personally despise Harry Reid but I have watched this 3 times and this is tampering with context, not a wish for 1 child to die.

Besides, aren't we supposed to be spending too much money? We could save millions by not doing these clinical trials. Shouldn't that be left to the "private sector"? What does the USG know about cancer anyway?

Obama was elected in part in 2008 for the promise of trying to reform health care in the country. He and his administration and Congress passed that legislation after much negotiating and the Dems accepting some 200 Repubican amendments to the bill. It was based on Romneycare....not a progressive liberal plan, which is what the very liberal faction of the party wanted.

The ACA became effective in 2010, with add'l provisions being enacted every year.

Obama was re-elected in 2012 by a large popular vote. This was a stamp of approval for the ACA.

The Republicans have lied and run campaigns against the ACA from the outset, resulting in a lot of people not understanding that Obamacare and the ACA are the same thing. They simply don't know what the plan does and does not do. Remember the death panels scare tactics used by Palin & Bachman and others?

Most Americans WANT the ACA. Most Americans do NOT want it defunded.

The ACA is the law of the land. People with pre-existing conditions are now able to get insurance (they pay for it, unlike many who get it from their employers), and many are no longer kicked off their insurance when they or their children get sick.

This is a good thing. It's not perfect. It can and will be altered, just like all laws.

If the Republicans had a good healthcare reform bill, they could have proposed it. However, they DID enact some of what they want in the numerous amendments the Democrats let in.

It is the tea party taht is going against the will of the people. Elections have consequences. The people have spoken. The Congress has spoken. The Supreme Court has spoken. When...just WHEN....do the Republicans acknowledge the law?

I personally despise Harry Reid but I have watched this 3 times and this is tampering with context, not a wish for 1 child to die.

Besides, aren't we supposed to be spending too much money? We could save millions by not doing these clinical trials. Shouldn't that be left to the "private sector"? What does the USG know about cancer anyway?

The republicans are trying to buy the votes of parents who have kids with cancer by promising them "free stuff"

Back
Top Bottom