• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Harry Reid forces Senate into Iraq Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
scottyz said:
Because libby obstructed justice and commited perjury. Do you not understand what it is Fitzgerald said at his press conference? What is hard to understand about this?

alledgely is the key word.........I know you left wingers have him tryed and found guilty already but in this country you are innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers....:roll:

Again, now Concentrate like a laser beam.........The SP said the indictment had nothing to do with the Iraq war and outing of a CIA agent who was not a CIA agent at the suppose time she was outed but a desk jockey..........

Navy Pride said:
alledgely is the key word.........I know you left wingers have him tryed and found guilty already but in this country you are innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers....:roll:
I'm sure you said the same thing when it was alleged Clinton lied about getting his **** sucked. :lol:

Again, now Concentrate like a laser beam.........The SP said the indictment had nothing to do with the Iraq war and outing of a CIA agent who was not a CIA agent at the suppose time she was outed but a desk jockey..........
Fitzgerald couldn't get to the bottom of it because Libby kept on lying.. thus the obstruction of justice and perjury charges. If you don't believe she was a undercover agent with 20 years of connections (which are now destroyed) you can take it up with the CIA.:2wave:

scottyz said:
It's good to see the Dems are growing some balls. Depending on where fitzgeralds investigation goes now it might lead to something. I know that while the current crop of repubs. control congress they wont dare start a real investigation. Party over country I suppose.

It's almost orgasmic to see Democrats get some backbone right in front of our eyes!:bravo:

Reid is one smart cookie. He has outmaneuvered Frist et.al. on numerous occasions. I love how he framed the "nuclear option" as a Republican power grab.

"The United States Senate has been hijacked by the Democratic leadership," said Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee. "They have no convictions, they have no principles, they have no ideas," the Republican leader said.

Pick me, pick me! I have a few:

Bill Frist should be investigated for ethics violations...
Investigate FEMA! Republicans are stalling on this and are unwilling to allow a bipartisan review. ...
Tom Delay is trying to get Judge Judy in the Cayman islands for his trial...
(if I go before a judge can I get a new one if they're not a Democrat:roll: )
Halliburton is missing billions....
The Senate has delayed discussing the issue of Stem Cell research...

These are serious issues for the Senate to deal with and are continually being ignored.

Who are the real obstructionists? :beam:

"Not again. The line must be drawn HERE! This far, no further. And we will make them PAY for what they've done."

Pic155.jpg

Give 'em hell Harry!

Last edited:
scottyz said:
I'm sure you said the same thing when it was alleged Clinton lied about getting his **** sucked. :lol:

Fitzgerald couldn't get to the bottom of it because Libby kept on lying.. thus the obstruction of justice and perjury charges. If you don't believe she was a undercover agent with 20 years of connections (which are now destroyed) you can take it up with the CIA.:2wave:

Clinton was convicted of committing perjury in that he lied under oath.....Libby has been convicted of nothing..........

So did Fitgerald tell you that personally or did you get it moveon.org?:roll:

Again, read my lips..............Fitzgerald said the indictment had nothing to do with the Iraq war, WOMD or Plame.......................

Navy Pride said:
Again, read my lips..............Fitzgerald said the indictment had nothing to do with the Iraq war, WOMD or Plame.......................
You also said Miers would be the next member of scotus. We could "book it". :lol: :lol: :doh

Navy Pride said:
Clinton was convicted of committing perjury in that he lied under oath.....Libby has been convicted of nothing..........

So did Fitgerald tell you that personally or did you get it moveon.org?:roll:

Navy Pride: I'm a Move-On member and I agree with you on that point.
Let's wait for the trail to start, and to see if Fitzgerald indicts Rove. My sense is that this is the tip of the iceberg. Outing an undercover CIA agent to punish disloyalty to the president is just the kind of tactic that Karl Rove would deploy.

scottyz said:
You also said Miers would be the next member of scotus. We could "book it". :lol: :lol: :doh

Way to change the subject........

hipsterdufus said:
Navy Pride: I'm a Move-On member and I agree with you on that point.
Let's wait for the trail to start, and to see if Fitzgerald indicts Rove. My sense is that this is the tip of the iceberg. Outing an undercover CIA agent to punish disloyalty to the president is just the kind of tactic that Karl Rove would deploy.

That is all I ask, but like I said some of your cohorts smell blood in the water, have the ropes all ready for the lynching...

To this point all the pundits say you have not laid a glove on Rove yet...........

This is a difficult subject to judge ie whether or not the administration lied. We do know for a fact that the administration presented false information it knew to be false as fact, exagerated the intelligence, and presented a bunch of mights, maybes, and could bes as certainties, and payed shady and proven liars like Ahmed Chalabi for information that we were being told was false by various governments. They are definatley guilty of violating Article 107 of the UCMJ but I don't know if you would call it "lying" persay.

Navy Pride said:
alledgely is the key word.........I know you left wingers have him tryed and found guilty already but in this country you are innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers.
Then how do you explain all of your posts where you called President Clinton a RAPIST? Innocent until proven guilty if you're a Republican, but a RAPIST if you're a Democrat, even if you're the President? How do you come up with the guts to write stuff like this?

Your HYPOCRISY is so blatant! You're an amazing debater Navy Pride!

:damn

Navy Pride said:
Clinton was convicted of committing perjury in that he lied under oath..
Your post is a 100% fabrication aka LIE! President Clinton was never convicted of anything, yet you keep writing posts saying that he was convicted.

You then have the gall to write that Americans are innocent until PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW.

You're posts are full of $hit.

:respekt:

26 X World Champs said:
Then how do you explain all of your posts where you called President Clinton a RAPIST? Innocent until proven guilty if you're a Republican, but a RAPIST if you're a Democrat, even if you're the President? How do you come up with the guts to write stuff like this?

Your HYPOCRISY is so blatant! You're an amazing debater Navy Pride!

:damn

If you go back and read my posts I always said he is and alledged rapist......They don't call him "Slick Willie" for nothing..........

"he is and alledged rapist" is that English?

Binary_Digit said:
"he is and alledged rapist" is that English?

It may not be gramatically correct but I think you get the meaning.........

I said this yesterday, but will say it again today. I fully support the Democrats using this tactic. It is appalling to see how upset Frist was when Reid moved to have Rule 21 invoked. He basically called Reid unethtical because Reid had failed to give him the heads up prior to invoking the rule. Well, who the heck does Frist think he is? He violated the constitutional convention of senators NOT campaigning against another senator. Frist went to South Dakota and campaigned against Daschle. He was the FIRST senator to do that. Frist says he doesn't trust Harry Reid? Why should anyone trust Frist? Sorry, Fristy, but you're going to break Senate courtesy rules, you have no business complaining when the same is done to you.

The Senate Intelligence Committee had promised that they would investigate whether the Bush adminstration exaggerated the intelligence. They stated that they would do this soon after the November 2004 election. Well, it's November 2005. Amercians have the right to know if such occurred.

Yes Fitzgerald said that this indictment is not about the war in Iraq. Who cares? Why should Fitzgerald's comments have any impact on whether the democrats force the Senate Intelligence Committee to keep its promise?

Navy Pride said:
It may not be gramatically correct but I think you get the meaning.........

We get the meaning perfectly well. The Bush administration's record is indefensible. The only tactic left to the Bush apologists is attack someone else. It is what they, and you, do best.

Iriemon said:
We get the meaning perfectly well. The Bush administration's record is indefensible. The only tactic left to the Bush apologists is attack someone else. It is what they, and you, do best.

Again you leftys complain and complain but offer no solutions to any problems facing this country........The American people can see theough your whinning no matter how much you whine......

[QUOTEYes Fitzgerald said that this indictment is not about the war in Iraq. Who cares? Why should Fitzgerald's comments have any impact on whether the democrats force the Senate Intelligence Committee to keep its promise?][/QUOTE]

aps, like I have said many times.......The dems were like sharks smelling blood in the water prior to the Libby indictment........They thought Rove and maybe the VP might even be indicted......They tried to liken this investigation to watergate......when none of that happened and WOMD and a CIA agent being outed was not in the indictment they had to change the tempo.......

Bottom line they were very disappointed there was no Saturday night massacure from the SP indictment........

Navy Pride said:
Again you leftys complain and complain but offer no solutions to any problems facing this country........The American people can see theough your whinning no matter how much you whine......

LOL I have plenty of solutions to offer ... starting with getting the troops out of Iraq and getting the the pro-debt pass the buck group out of Washington

Iriemon said:
LOL I have plenty of solutions to offer ... starting with getting the troops out of Iraq and getting the the pro-debt pass the buck group out of Washington

Well you better promote that whacko nut job Cindy Sheehan for president becasue your own party leaders don't advocate cutting and running from Iraq.........

Oh and you can help in cutting the debt by sending back you income tax cut.......Yeah, right......:roll:

Navy Pride said:
If you go back and read my posts I always said he is and alledged rapist......They don't call him "Slick Willie" for nothing..........
Feeling your age? How about this post from 10 days ago...I think it speaks for you and your hypocrisy quite well:
As for polls they are phoney but thet does not change the fact that a huge majority of the military voted for President Bush in 2000 and 2004 and they love this president unlike that womanizing, draft dodger, pot head Rapist "Slick Willie."
Source: http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=121138&postcount=190
Or this time:
Your boy Slick Willie was a womanizing, draft dodger, rapist, and convicted felon........Other then that he wasn't to bad.
Source: http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=116853&postcount=169

I'm certain there are many more examples of your lies, but let's just leave it at this for now.

You wrote that "In America you are innocent until proven guilty", and used this argument to attack "you lefties".

I'm betting that you're not humble enough to admit you're wrong and that your'e a hypocrite of the highest order? Calling a President a RAPIST in post after post after post makes you what, exactly?

Navy Pride said:
Again you pull out this tired old song and dance. No solutions? Then what the heck do you call these?

- Keep abortion legal, but minimize it by teaching safe sex in jr. high & high school
- Federal funding for stem cell research
- Secular federal and state legislation
- Teach evolution in school
- War as a last resort, not as a preemptive strike
- Abolish the Federal death penalty, encourage states to do the same
- Civil union is a civil right

No solutions, right. If you ignore their entire ideology and everything they want to change. Do you keep a list of these "lefty" insults handy for whenever you start to lose an argument?

Binary_Digit said:
Again you pull out this tired old song and dance. No solutions? Then what the heck do you call these?

- Keep abortion legal, but minimize it by teaching safe sex in jr. high & high school
- Federal funding for stem cell research
- Secular federal and state legislation
- Teach evolution in school
- War as a last resort, not as a preemptive strike
- Abolish the Federal death penalty, encourage states to do the same
- Civil union is a civil right

No solutions, right. If you ignore their entire ideology and everything they want to change. Do you keep a list of these "lefty" insults handy for whenever you start to lose an argument?

Nice post.

I would also add:

Fiscal responsibilty
Stop outsourcing American Jobs
Health care for all Americans
Strengthen public education
Ethics legislation
Verified Voter Ballots
Campaign finance reform
Get Bin Laden!

aps said:
I said this yesterday, but will say it again today. I fully support the Democrats using this tactic. It is appalling to see how upset Frist was when Reid moved to have Rule 21 invoked. He basically called Reid unethtical because Reid had failed to give him the heads up prior to invoking the rule. Well, who the heck does Frist think he is? He violated the constitutional convention of senators NOT campaigning against another senator. Frist went to South Dakota and campaigned against Daschle. He was the FIRST senator to do that. Frist says he doesn't trust Harry Reid? Why should anyone trust Frist? Sorry, Fristy, but you're going to break Senate courtesy rules, you have no business complaining when the same is done to you.

The Senate Intelligence Committee had promised that they would investigate whether the Bush adminstration exaggerated the intelligence. They stated that they would do this soon after the November 2004 election. Well, it's November 2005. Amercians have the right to know if such occurred.

Yes Fitzgerald said that this indictment is not about the war in Iraq. Who cares? Why should Fitzgerald's comments have any impact on whether the democrats force the Senate Intelligence Committee to keep its promise?

Yes, closing a Senate session is a simple process, a motion and a second. It is not uncommon. And there are no courtesy rules. Reid used the appropriate steps, even though Trent Lott thought it was the worst thing since desegregation.The links below explain the system and how frequently this has been done.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174197,00.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174187,00.html

Last edited:
Mod Note

Moved thread to War in Iraq forum.

/Mod Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom