• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harry Reid: But for me we'd be in a worldwide depression

I don't think a politician would bother bragging about making employment stick at 8.9% instead of 9.1% because it wouldn't make enough of an impression on the public consciousness to secure them votes.
Then you don't know much about politics.

Harry Reid couldn't do it on his own,
Yet he made the claim "But for me..." which directly refutes what you just stated... he thinks he did do it on his own.

Not a very sound claim, but fully in the spirit of America's political language, which is, after all, full of not very sound claims.
As I stated, there are degrees of soundness... not very sound? How about borderline schizophrenic dilusional disorder? I'm surprised he didn't throw in a "Up, up, and away!"

You attacked megaprogman's ethos and championed your own without providing any evidence.
This isn't a qualitative or quantitative masure - there are no statistics to levy. In fact, the burden of proof of some methodology or measure is on mega as he made the claim. Second, I didn't attack anywone - I disagreed and said why. This is a debate forum - not a patty-cake kumbyah forum. Get used to disagreement here. Third, mega doesn't need you at his back - I have a very good debating relations with mega and Ithink we both have mutual respect for each others positions. If you want to take over for him, just say the word. Then you can provide the evidence.

It was part of your ongoing debate with him. Like any other point in an argument, you need to prove it or drop it.
The one making the claim proves it. It's obvious the claim made by Reid is insane. He did not save the world, nor the U.S. from a world wide depression. If you disagree - it's YOUR burden of proof. So post up the evidence Sherlock... I'd love to read it.

Back
Top Bottom